Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Gridiron60

Graham/Lebanon Get it Together

Recommended Posts

GMen are good and have yet to prove as good as last year. I know they've had some injuries, kids banged up, other starters out, I get that affects plays.  The only really solid teams they've played have beat them though. Still undisciplined, there was no home cooking in Princeton. It was called pretty much down the middle, others may want to argue that point. IMO, GMen thought they could roll this season and if they don't clean things up , they'll be lucky to squeak by Richlands. You cannot have over a dozen penalties against Richlands. They can probably still pull out the win in Lebanon with that many penalties. The season is half over, buckle down and put your heads on straight. GMen are very good and have had explosive plays and great games. Got some great playmakers, They have the ability to go deep in the playoffs.  I'd just like to see more disciplined play across the board. I think they win easily but let's limit the self inflicted wounds. Go GMen! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
11 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

GMen are good and have yet to prove as good as last year. I know they've had some injuries, kids banged up, other starters out, I get that affects plays.  The only really solid teams they've played have beat them though. Still undisciplined, there was no home cooking in Princeton. It was called pretty much down the middle, others may want to argue that point. IMO, GMen thought they could roll this season and if they don't clean things up , they'll be lucky to squeak by Richlands. You cannot have over a dozen penalties against Richlands. They can probably still pull out the win in Lebanon with that many penalties. The season is half over, buckle down and put your heads on straight. GMen are very good and have had explosive plays and great games. Got some great playmakers, They have the ability to go deep in the playoffs.  I'd just like to see more disciplined play across the board. I think they win easily but let's limit the self inflicted wounds. Go GMen! 

I hate it, but they will cruise Friday night. Lebanon has been improving  some but they aren't anywhere near that level this season. Maybe in a couple years it will be tougher. I'm just hoping Lebanon hangs tough, doesn't get too beat up and uses this game to improve before they play two winnable games against Castlewood  and  Virginia  High. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
28 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

GMen are good and have yet to prove as good as last year. I know they've had some injuries, kids banged up, other starters out, I get that affects plays.  The only really solid teams they've played have beat them though. Still undisciplined, there was no home cooking in Princeton. It was called pretty much down the middle, others may want to argue that point. IMO, GMen thought they could roll this season and if they don't clean things up , they'll be lucky to squeak by Richlands. You cannot have over a dozen penalties against Richlands. They can probably still pull out the win in Lebanon with that many penalties. The season is half over, buckle down and put your heads on straight. GMen are very good and have had explosive plays and great games. Got some great playmakers, They have the ability to go deep in the playoffs.  I'd just like to see more disciplined play across the board. I think they win easily but let's limit the self inflicted wounds. Go GMen! 

You are probably about to feel the heat from every mom and dad on the team that see their precious child as the next star at Ohio St. or Clemson. 

With that said........I agree. I honestly didn't see Graham as being as good or better than last year. I know many did. They do have the potential to make a very deep run in the playoffs if they get their act together. If the Blevins kid could just take a deep breath and settle down I think he has the potential to throw well and be a great asset to the team. At this point he comes across as a kid that's scared to death to "fail". 

The penalties are careless. At the beginning of last year they had several unsportsmanlike conduct penalties. This year holding, false start, and offside penalties are killing them. Curious to see how they close out the year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 

It's about habits.  Graham continues with the penalties and self inflicted stuff and this started at game one.  Graham has yet to fix it.  The longer it goes on, the more it becomes a part of you and who you are as a team, and the ability to fix it can go away.  What I'm getting at is.....Graham needs to fix it now.  It needs to happen this week and next in order to develop and sustain good habits.  If they don't, they will get caught in the playoffs by Richlands, Union, or Ridgeview and the season will end.  Graham is good enough, well coached enough, and talented enough to win the Region and repeat as state champions.  They are not good enough to do these things if they continue with the self inflicted non-sense.  They don't have large enough of a margin for error like last year  The clock is ticking for Graham.  If they straighten this stuff up, they will repeat as Region Champs, even going on the road because Graham's A game in my opinion, is better then the others in Region D's A game, but if your constantly bringing your C game, especially against a Union, Ridgeview, or Richlands, you get beat because the odds are that at least one of these 3 teams will have their A game come playoff time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
5 hours ago, Bulldog05 said:

Not even trying to be disrespectful but I don’t even wanna state my prediction. I believe graham has this by as much as they want. 

Totally understand and I agree with you. 

I wish lebanon could pull the same type of upset JJ Kelly did to Powell Valley on 10-15-99, when their 34 game win streak came to an end in Wise. It would  be epic, but it won't happen with these Pioneers. Graham is going roll in this one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
8 hours ago, Mountain Football said:

You are probably about to feel the heat from every mom and dad on the team that see their precious child as the next star at Ohio St. or Clemson. 

With that said........I agree. I honestly didn't see Graham as being as good or better than last year. I know many did. They do have the potential to make a very deep run in the playoffs if they get their act together. If the Blevins kid could just take a deep breath and settle down I think he has the potential to throw well and be a great asset to the team. At this point he comes across as a kid that's scared to death to "fail". 

The penalties are careless. At the beginning of last year they had several unsportsmanlike conduct penalties. This year holding, false start, and offside penalties are killing them. Curious to see how they close out the year. 

I was a football parent once, mamas & daddys don't bother me. Shoot I may swing by practice and see how that's going. What's the saying, how you practice is how you play? Inconspicuously , of course. 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
11 hours ago, Pioneer pride said:

I hate it, but they will cruise Friday night. Lebanon has been improving  some but they aren't anywhere near that level this season. Maybe in a couple years it will be tougher. I'm just hoping Lebanon hangs tough, doesn't get too beat up and uses this game to improve before they play two winnable games against Castlewood  and  Virginia  High. 

Of course Lebanon can beat Va High though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 
 
 
 
7 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

If Graham has anything to work on, this is the week to do it. Sorry Pioneers, but this will be over before halftime.

👆🏼👆🏼👆🏼👆🏼 Yep, this is the week to get wrinkles ironed out!!! Waiting until October 25th will be too late.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 
30 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Any bets on if Graham keeps penalties below double digits? We shall see, I’m hoping to see some more disciplined play! Hoping for injury free game for both sides. 

How about a head to head on if Graham has more penalties than Richlands and Tazewell combined?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
47 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

How about a head to head on if Graham has more penalties than Richlands and Tazewell combined?

Good one! I am truly hoping they’ve got things cleaned up this week! I prefer to be optimistic.....I’ll let you know though if your thoughts on the matter pan out 😂😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
1 hour ago, Gridiron60 said:

Any bets on if Graham keeps penalties below double digits? We shall see, I’m hoping to see some more disciplined play! Hoping for injury free game for both sides. 

I think you'll see a difference this week in the penalties. To me Graham needs to try to establish a running game early on offense. Defensively they just need to be more disciplined. Reduce the penalties and keep to their assignments. Just my two cents worth. Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...