Narrows receiver

County boy

2 hours ago, County boy said:

Who is this # 24, I would throw that kid the ball a little more. The Narrows offense needs to do a better job of getting the ball to players who can make plays.

They’re 6-0 and beat Giles for the first time since the fall of the Roman Empire.  Why on Earth would you be unhappy?!

59 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

Isn't Narrows undefeated at this point?? 

You must be #24 or #24's mom or dad.

Let me make sure I got the fallacy down just to be sure....

A. Narrows is undefeated.

Because Narrows is undefeated, they are infallible. There is no room or need for improvement or thoughts or opinions that might......just might...make them better BECAUSE Narrows is undefeated. I just wanted to be sure I had it down. 

B. If the poster is the wide receiver's parent, then automatically that means the WR should not get the ball more even if it makes the team better. 

Literally, a textbook definition for fallacy demonstrated two times with only a 15 word statement.

27 minutes ago, Hokie1Pokie said:

Because Narrows is undefeated, they are infallible. There is no room or need for improvement or thoughts or opinions that might......just might...make them better BECAUSE Narrows is undefeated. I just wanted to be sure I had it down. 

B. If the poster is the wide receiver's parent, then automatically that means the WR should not get the ball more even if it makes the team better. 

Literally, a textbook definition for fallacy demonstrated two times with only a 15 word statement.

Counterpoints:

(1) This is their best season this millennium, and he’s complaining about a WR not getting the ball enough.  Maybe they can go back to the days when Bland/Narrows was the “1-9 Bowl”.  Maybe this young man or his father can let the coaches coach.

(2) It exactly reads like a post by a player or his/her parent.

2 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

Counterpoints:

(1) This is their best season this millennium, and he’s complaining about a WR not getting the ball enough.  Maybe they can go back to the days when Bland/Narrows was the “1-9 Bowl”.  Maybe this young man or his father can let the coaches coach.

And no I'm not related to anyone  on the narrows team I'm going on what I saw from the games ive watched. The holston game was what i was referring to. If there was 2 more minutes left in that game narrows would have a big L.

4 minutes ago, County boy said:

And no I'm not related to anyone  on the narrows team I'm going on what I saw from the games ive watched. The holston game was what i was referring to. If there was 2 more minutes left in that game narrows would have a big L.

Lying is such an ugly color....

On 10/9/2019 at 8:30 PM, County boy said:

This site is not what it appears. You are absolutely not anonymous. Admins don't mind putting you out there at all. 

26 minutes ago, 1Wingit23 said:

This site is not what it appears. You are absolutely not anonymous. Admins don't mind putting you out there at all. 

Anybody with any commonsense whatsoever can read the original post and come to the conclusion that he is #24 himself or a parent of #24. I was the one that brought that point up. I am not an Admin of this board. 

With that said, I do not know Narrows Football no more than I know anything about Grundy Football. What was said in the original post may very well be true. Narrows may  benefit greatly from utilizing the kid more. I have no clue. 

I'm a sarcastic person and fully expect a good dose of it in return. Although I have tried to dial it back a bit because people seem to take it to heart especially through messaging. If I offended this kid or his parents in any way I apologize. 

Good luck to Narrows the rest of the way!!

4 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

Anybody with any commonsense whatsoever can read the original post and come to the conclusion that he is #24 himself or a parent of #24. I was the one that brought that point up. I am not an Admin of this board. 

With that said, I do not know Narrows Football no more than I know anything about Grundy Football. What was said in the original post may very well be true. Narrows may  benefit greatly from utilizing the kid more. I have no clue. 

I'm a sarcastic person and fully expect a good dose of it in return. Although I have tried to dial it back a bit because people seem to take it to heart especially through messaging. If I offended this kid or his parents in any way I apologize. 

Good luck to Narrows the rest of the way!!

My comment was in no way directed towards you. Yes, one might (assume) the original post was made by whoever but there's a ton of people that travel all around SW VA watching football without a dog in the fight. However, I would stand behind my comment 100%( you just weren't who I was talking about)

On 10/9/2019 at 5:56 PM, Hokie1Pokie said:

This WR is very good! Problem with Narrows is, your last name and parents on the staff means more than talent! The two "stars" should be in college or the workforce because they were both held back a year. #24 and the RB are the most talented players on the offense and stats reflect that. 

On 10/9/2019 at 6:23 PM, UVAObserver said:

Counterpoints:

Or maybe it reads as someone actually watching the games? Fairly certain until the head coach started scheduling ONLY cupcakes he had by far the worst winning percentage in the timesland?!

8 minutes ago, 1Wingit23 said:

Or maybe it reads as someone actually watching the games? Fairly certain until the head coach started scheduling ONLY cupcakes he had by far the worst winning percentage in the timesland?!

No, it’s by a player’s parent.  Meaning, literally, a parent’s player wrote this to whine about his son not being a bigger part of the offense.  There’s not a whole lot of dot connecting that had to be done, either.

1 hour ago, 1Wingit23 said:

No one has ever said names. Just don’t try to pull one over on everyone and act like someone you’re not — and you won’t get caught. 

Just to expand on what a board can and cannot see

1. Admins can see any info that you have entered yourself. Ie. Email, name, etc. Why they have a sign up

2. Admins are able to see the internet protocol which is basically your home internet address.

3. Depending on how good their back end is some phpbb or mybb can keep records of the media access control address which is even more specific and usually how you tell if someone is the same person.

They cant access your webcam or see what's on your desk top from the board alone. They need more malicious means for that.

2 minutes ago, nrv_football said:

Narrows is having a great season the best in a very long time. Honestly though Galax is just on a different level and will win if and when they meet. Riverheads  are also miles ahead of everyone else in 1A. 

I said this early in the season.  Narrows could go 10-0, have an incredible year, and fall short of Salem due to Galax.  Galax and Riverheads are just so far above everyone else in 1A right now.