Narrows receiver

County boy

24 is an top notch player and an even better kid!! So quit giving him s hard time if you don’t know it’s him for fact. I’d bet my paycheck house whatever you want that it’s not him. How as for his parents or anyone else I’m not sure. But I know it’s not the kid

keep it up BIG GREEN

49 minutes ago, hsportsfan said:

24 is an top notch player and an even better kid!! So quit giving him s hard time if you don’t know it’s him for fact. I’d bet my paycheck house whatever you want that it’s not him. How as for his parents or anyone else I’m not sure. But I know it’s not the kid

keep it up BIG GREEN

Never said it was the kid. Never specifically said anyone. 

6 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

Never said it was the kid. Never specifically said anyone. 

Didn't Narrows throw for 3 or 4 touchdowns tonight, LMAO.  Whether one agrees with the poster or not, the timing was incredible.  I would challenge a Narrows fan to go back and see the last time they passed for that many touchdowns in one game.  Just a guess here, probably a top 5 game in Narrows history as far as the amount of touchdowns passed for in one game.  The original poster asked who number 24 was and gave an opinion that maybe he should get more touches.  Well, I think number 24 is the one that had two touchdown catches tonight, LMAO!

Needham, Morgan, and Wiley each had one each of the 3 TD passes they had tonight.  

Covington stacked the box and pressed man with 1 over top most of the night.  Narrows took advantage in the 2nd half.  That 2nd half was the best Narrows has looked offensively in a while.  When the O is balanced, everything opens up a lot more.  I have a few other opinions as far the O goes but I'll keep them to myself.  Good to see a win and it not be nerve racking at the end.  

1 hour ago, Hokiebird7 said:

So you happy now? Lol

A little late is kind of what the poster was getting at with his original post.  I think he was kind of saying he should have been mentioned a little bit before last night and it appears, he was right.  All in all, I took his post originally not as a parent or someone disgruntled.  I read it as a fan who saw what he thought was a solid player and he commented on it and stated that maybe the dude should get some more touches.  That was the jest of his post aside from him being called a liar, one of the parents, etc.  At the end of the day, the poster was right. The player he's talking about (I haven't seen Narrows) evidently is pretty good.  

I wrote this on here a while back which is similar.  Polier against Graham.  I watched it.  I wrote I think they need to get that kid even more touches on offense and that he shouldn't be splitting as many carries.  I wrote because I saw what I thought was a stud.  I'm not his daddy or his friend or family member or live in Big Stone Gap or Appalachia.  It was just an observation.  I was still "letting the coaches coach" LOL, as some love to write.  I think the guy who commented on the Narrows player was no different and simply making an observation and he got hammered for it only to be able to serve a touch of crow a bit later.

10 minutes ago, Hokie1Pokie said:

A little late is kind of what the poster was getting at with his original post.  I think he was kind of saying he should have been mentioned a little bit before last night and it appears, he was right.  All in all, I took his post originally not as a parent or someone disgruntled.  I read it as a fan who saw what he thought was a solid player and he commented on it and stated that maybe the dude should get some more touches.  That was the jest of his post aside from him being called a liar, one of the parents, etc.  At the end of the day, the poster was right. The player he's talking about (I haven't seen Narrows) evidently is pretty good.  

I wrote this on here a while back which is similar.  Polier against Graham.  I watched it.  I wrote I think they need to get that kid even more touches on offense and that he shouldn't be splitting as many carries.  I wrote because I saw what I thought was a stud.  I'm not his daddy or his friend or family member or live in Big Stone Gap or Appalachia.  It was just an observation.  I was still "letting the coaches coach" LOL, as some love to write.  I think the guy who commented on the Narrows player was no different and simply making an observation and he got hammered for it only to be able to serve a touch of crow a bit later.

Kid is a good player but they have players better than him...and I ask who gives a crap who gets all the pub when you are undefeated? Sounds exactly like a parent of a certain player to me...not saying they are the kids parent but sure sounds like something a parent would do

7-0 and complaining...wow

15 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Kid is a good player but they have players better than him...and I ask who gives a crap who gets all the pub when you are undefeated? Sounds exactly like a parent of a certain player to me...not saying they are the kids parent but sure sounds like something a parent would do

I'm not sure about the statement, "who gets all the pub."  <--------That's your statement.  The poster made an observation that the player was good and wanted to see him get more touches.  It could be a parent, but it could also not be a parent.  The jest wasn't about being undefeated.  It hinted at how Narrows could possibly be better and to assume a team that's undefeated can't get better is not a good one.  Do you think Galax will care if Narrows is "undefeated" if or when the two meet?  If you are a Narrows fan, you better damn sure hope you get better and 10-0 isn't cutting it, they better improve because Galax is the real deal.  So, the bar isn't necessarily being undefeated, it's getting better.  At the end of the year and the final 15th game, sure, undefeated matters then and winning that 15th game matters, but prior to that game, improvement matters much.  Like I wrote before and will write it again, Polier is NOT getting enough carries right now at Union.  I wrote it after the Graham game.  I wrote this after the Richlands-GC game in week one that The Richlands RB is not getting enough touches at RB and I think just by observation, Webb needs more carries also.  It doesn't mean I'm right.  II could be 100% wrong, but it's just an observation and opinion.

7-0 and "complaining."  The word "complaining" is your very own word.  The poster never "complained."  He made an observation about how he felt Narrows could improve and you and me and EVERY fan of every team does that at every game with the conversation they are having with the person setting beside them in some form or fashion.  Desiring improvement and giving one's opinion is not complaining.  One final thing I keep reading and you implied this also.  "It sounds like something a parent would do or it sounds like it might be the player's parent."  So what?  What if it were?  I don't think it is, but so what?  What if it were?  That STILL does not necessarily make the posters statement untrue.  There is a very real possibility that maybe, just maybe, Narrows getting the kid more touches in the passing game might.....maybe help.  It does not matter where the statement came from.  Looking at last night in a tight game at the half, and then Narrows opening up the passing game and getting the kid the ball in the second half to pull away gives evidence that.....maybe....just maybe....the poster actually might have been right.

3 minutes ago, Hokie1Pokie said:

I'm not sure about the statement, "who gets all the pub."  <--------That's your statement.  The poster made an observation that the player was good and wanted to see him get more touches.  It could be a parent, but it could also not be a parent.  The jest wasn't about being undefeated.  It hinted at how Narrows could possibly be better and to assume a team that's undefeated can't get better is not a good one.  Do you think Galax will care if Narrows is "undefeated" if or when the two meet?  If you are a Narrows fan, you better damn sure hope you get better and 10-0 isn't cutting it, they better improve because Galax is the real deal.  So, the bar isn't necessarily being undefeated, it's getting better.  At the end of the year and the final 15th game, sure, undefeated matters then and winning that 15th game matters, but prior to that game, improvement matters much.  Like I wrote before and will write it again, Polier is NOT getting enough carries right now at Union.  I wrote it after the Graham game.  I wrote this after the Richlands-GC game in week one that The Richlands RB is not getting enough touches at RB and I think just by observation, Webb needs more carries also.  It doesn't mean I'm right.  II could be 100% wrong, but it's just an observation and opinion.

7-0 and "complaining."  The word "complaining" is your very own word.  The poster never "complained."  He made an observation about how he felt Narrows could improve and you and me and EVERY fan of every team does that at every game with the conversation they are having with the person setting beside them in some form or fashion.  Desiring improvement and giving one's opinion is not complaining.  

Ok then

41 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

You know opinions are like A holes and you my butt hurt jelly Spartan have about 10 of them. I never complained I'm not a parent I just said the kid was good,and he needs more touches, looks like I was 100% dead on. 

1 hour ago, County boy said:

You know opinions are like A holes and you my butt hurt jelly Spartan have about 10 of them. I never complained I'm not a parent I just said the kid was good,and he needs more touches, looks like I was 100% dead on. 

Yes you sure were lol

Butt hurt over one win every 20 years....Yeah you got me lol

Good luck rest of season waves

15 hours ago, Hokie1Pokie said:

I wrote that and I stand by it.  Let the coaches coach the team.  If 11-1 or 12-1 isn’t good enough for Narrows when the smoke clears, then by all means start over and go back to being 0-10 or 1-9 every season.

14 hours ago, County boy said:

You came on the board and started whining about how much your son is a part of the offense.  This is the best team your school has had in a generation, and you’re pulling crap like this on a public forum to undermine them.  How you think that’s in any way defensible is more of a mystery than where Jimmy Hoffa is buried.

7 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

You came on the board and started whining about how much your son is a part of the offense.  This is the best team your school has had in a generation, and you’re pulling crap like this on a public forum to undermine them.  How you think that’s in any way defensible is more of a mystery than where Jimmy Hoffa is buried.

Lol ok whatever, show me where I've said 1 thing to undermine the Narrows team.

On 10/11/2019 at 9:50 AM, 1Wingit23 said:

This site is not what it appears. You are absolutely not anonymous. Admins don't mind putting you out there at all. 

Yep, I know what his name is.

If his name is Dustin, then, yes, Country boy is of some relation...and yes, Dustin did have a pretty good game on Friday night...just looked at the stats...5 catches for 99 yards and 1 TD, an INT, and a fumble recovery.