Score Updates -Week 7 - 10/11/19

tbgfan

1 hour ago, Westisthebest said:

Why on earth does Tazewell's coach still have all his starters in in the 4th qrt and it 41-0? So he can say they scored on a mix of 2nd, 3rd string and JV? No excuse for that. 

He didn’t? 

wslsScores @wslsScores 

Times News Sports @tnsportslive

SportsLive Friday Night  Finals from NE Tennessee/SW Virginia

WV MetroNews home

WEEK 7 WVA SCORES

16 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Congratulations to Union, I wasn't sure if they could pull off the win-going to be some post season games at Bullit Park for some teams with that dang train horn 😂😂😂😂 

He's not been blowing it as much lately you should be good

Huge win obviously for the Bears. I kept hearing Adkins was better than Thomas Jones and was the best RB to  ever play in this area. He's a good football player,but not close folks (not to mention all of the great backs like Julius,Stonega Stallion,Boo Sensabaugh...etc. and vs those nasty LPD defenses as well as playing folks like GC when they were non distric). Having said that he still has time to get better and will (like James Mitchell did at Union),but an SEC D1 prospect? Not right now

If Polier is not D Player of the year in Mountain 7 then folks we have a problem. Could even argue for O player of the year also.  Yes Adkins has 1500 yards but look who those yards come against.  All im saying is Big time players have big time games when its a Big time game like tonight.   Sproles is good but does not hold a candle to Polier.  And I thought this last year as well. Ridgeviews very weak non district games have caught up with them.  The HUGE line got knocked of the ball on both O and D and linebackers were for the most part ineffective.  Just think they still have Abingdon and Pikeville yet to go.  Gonna be interesting to see how it plays out.

5 minutes ago, Keepitreal said:

If Polier is not D Player of the year in Mountain 7 then folks we have a problem. Could even argue for O player of the year also.  Yes Adkins has 1500 yards but look who those yards come against.  All im saying is Big time players have big time games when its a Big time game like tonight.   Sproles is good but does not hold a candle to Polier.  And I thought this last year as well. Ridgeviews very weak non district games have caught up with them.  The HUGE line got knocked of the ball on both O and D and linebackers were for the most part ineffective.  Just think they still have Abingdon and Pikeville yet to go.  Gonna be interesting to see how it plays out.

I don’t really think it’s an argument? Adkins has no business winning POY awards after tonight. Polier out played him, his team won the game and Unions schedule is much more challenging than RV.

4 minutes ago, Burrell’s Pearls said:

I don’t really think it’s an argument? Adkins has no business winning POY awards after tonight. Polier out played him, his team won the game and Unions schedule is much more challenging than RV.

Totally agree but I would almost bet $100 that Adkins get O player of the year

2 hours ago, local_insight said:

Who cares! 

Well the coach definitely doesn't care. With all their injuries why would you risk another injury when the games out of hand? Tazewell is a playoff team. Just saying if it was me i wouldn't have them playing in the 4th when its 41-0. I know their numbers arent like Richlands but i saw at least 15 other players in uniform on the sideline that could've used some experience.

I don't agree on the Adkins semi-bashing. The kid had to deal with Union in his backfield all night long and was still just a moment from taking any play to the house. He turned plays that should be a 2-3 yard loss into 7-8 yard gains and that's the sign of an elite back. His coach didn't do him many favors tonight, I thought his number should have been called way more often. I wonder if he's 100% healthy.

Polier was fantastic tonight, he picked up the slack big time with Lomax out and Guerrant cramping badly. All the LBs were great, Polier, Jones, Guerrant, 14, 30, etc..

I don't believe you have to try and discredit or slight Adkins to praise Polier.

4 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

I don't agree on the Adkins semi-bashing. The kid had to deal with Union in his backfield all night long and was still just a moment from taking any play to the house. He turned plays that should be a 2-3 yard loss into 7-8 yard gains and that's the sign of an elite back. His coach didn't do him many favors tonight, I thought his number should have been called way more often. I wonder if he's 100% healthy.

Polier was fantastic tonight, he picked up the slack big time with Lomax out and Guerrant cramping badly. All the LBs were great, Polier, Jones, Guerrant, 14, 30, etc..

I don't believe you have to try and discredit or slight Adkins to praise Polier.

Adkins is great. Polier out played him and plays tougher competition. Thus, Polier should be ahead of him in POY vote. No slight to Adkins, just facts.