Score Updates -Week 7 - 10/11/19

tbgfan

5 hours ago, Westisthebest said:

Ok guess i was seeing things when i still seen 7, 30, 63, 5, 6, 27, 24, 4 and others with 6 mins left. Guess i need checked for glasses. You win.

That’s 2nd string players when 15 kids are not in wheelchairs! Well played game by Richlands!

7 hours ago, Westisthebest said:

Ok guess i was seeing things when i still seen 7, 30, 63, 5, 6, 27, 24, 4 and others with 6 mins left. Guess i need checked for glasses. You win.

Do you not realize that literally 1/4 of the team is on crutches or in a wheelchair?  Even if you were right, and you're not, who else could Tazewell have put in and still maintained competitiveness?

9 hours ago, BigWinners said:

I don't agree on the Adkins semi-bashing. The kid had to deal with Union in his backfield all night long and was still just a moment from taking any play to the house. He turned plays that should be a 2-3 yard loss into 7-8 yard gains and that's the sign of an elite back. His coach didn't do him many favors tonight, I thought his number should have been called way more often. I wonder if he's 100% healthy.

Polier was fantastic tonight, he picked up the slack big time with Lomax out and Guerrant cramping badly. All the LBs were great, Polier, Jones, Guerrant, 14, 30, etc..

I don't believe you have to try and discredit or slight Adkins to praise Polier.

Not bashing him at all but when you talk about Thomas Jones that's rare air. Jones with his amazing vision and quick cuts could gash you up the middle as well not just on the ends and could deal out a bit of power and punishment as well. When Adkins tried anywhere but outside it was ugly. I wish nothing but the best for the young man,but the comparison is just not there. We can talk about how good Union's defense is,but EVERY week in the LPD and even non-distric TJ lit up good defenses. Ridgeview hadn't faced a good defense until week 7 last night,so I don't put a ton of stock in those gaudy numbers. Having said that he is good enough to play at the next level (just not sure where).. 

3 hours ago, Michael_389 said:

Wow that's crazy!!! Easy to say??  Hands down??

Let's just say that Polier is the best COMPLETE player in the region hands down. The young man does it all. You could tell him they were going to cancel the game due to flooding and he'd grab a shovel and dig drainage ditches and drive the bus to get to the park:)

4 hours ago, Michael_389 said:

Wow that's crazy!!! Easy to say??  Hands down??

What games have you been watching. He’s put up big games against three of the playoff bound teams, two of them being picked to win the region D (and yes, the very well still can). By anyone saying he’s the complete football player isn’t slighting anyone around. Stats don’t lie. 

27 minutes ago, BLUEMAG911 said:

cant remember pollier numbers against richlands. Can you Union fans help me out?

per the Bristol Herald

Mason Polier has 96 yards on 20 carries and 2 TDs. Combined with CJ Jones for 16 tackles 

2 hours ago, Unchained said:

Let's just say that Polier is the best COMPLETE player in the region hands down. The young man does it all. You could tell him they were going to cancel the game due to flooding and he'd grab a shovel and dig drainage ditches and drive the bus to get to the park:)

I could agree with that.

56 minutes ago, Bluefield researcher said:

How do you combine with someone for 16 tackles?

I had the same question in my mind haha. I typed it as it was wrote. Maybe assists or something. Like half tackles (which sounds as funny).

I'm seeing a whole lot of hate for Trenton it seems like. You can only do so much especially when the coaching staffs  game planning and play calling as Horrible as RV had last night. He had 120 Yds rushing 1 or 2 TDs (not counting all the yardage taken away from penalties) had close to or over 100 Yds Receiving and atleast 50 Yds in the return game. Not his normal but you cant say that's not a bad night an still almost won the game for them in the last seconds.

18 minutes ago, CoachT423 said:

I'm seeing a whole lot of hate for Trenton it seems like. You can only do so much especially when the coaching staffs  game planning and play calling as Horrible as RV had last night. He had 120 Yds rushing 1 or 2 TDs (not counting all the yardage taken away from penalties) had close to or over 100 Yds Receiving and atleast 50 Yds in the return game. Not his normal but you cant say that's not a bad night an still almost won the game for them in the last seconds.

We know you get paid to promote this young man but it doesn't mean you know more about coaching than Rick Mullins 😂😂😂😂

3 minutes ago, jonah58 said:

We know you get paid to promote this young man but it doesn't mean you know more about coaching than Rick Mullins 😂😂😂😂

Jonah I forgot you know it ALL not just football 😂😂. Actually if you really wanna know that my Family so I get paid nothing to promote anything he does. I dont know more than Rick Mullins but they seemed to always get out coached when it matters.  You get 2 Weeks to Game plan for Union and they didnt look prepared to me.

4 minutes ago, CoachT423 said:

Jonah I forgot you know it ALL not just football 😂😂. Actually if you really wanna know that my Family so I get paid nothing to promote anything he does. I dont know more than Rick Mullins but they seemed to always get out coached when it matters.  You get 2 Weeks to Game plan for Union and they didnt look prepared to me.

So if Trenton Adkins does well, it's because of him, if he doesn't it's because of the coaching? C'mon man.....

1 minute ago, jonah58 said:

So if Trenton Adkins does well, it's because of him, if he doesn't it's because of the coaching? C'mon man.....

Were you there last night or were you at Central/Battle? Im not someone who slags Rick Mullins ever, but the playcalling last night was, well weird. If Adkins was 100% from the start, why in the world is he coming out in third and short? 

4 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Were you there last night or were you at Central/Battle? Im not someone who slags Rick Mullins ever, but the playcalling last night was, well weird. If Adkins was 100% from the start, why in the world is he coming out in third and short? 

I was at Central/Battle, watching the live stream of the Union/Ridgeview game.

I thought it looked typical of a Clintwood team to be honest.

Not sure about Adkins coming out. Maybe there was an issue not made known.

didnt adkins miss some game time a few weeks ago and then come back in and run the ball sparingly? dont want to put a bad luck curse on the kid but maybe he was injured in that game instead of suffering cramps like was reported. This could be a reason he was coming out in 3rd downs and didnt look like himself. However I will give some of the credit for the low production to the Union D. Those kids are tough.

7 minutes ago, jonah58 said:

I was at Central/Battle, watching the live stream of the Union/Ridgeview game.

I thought it looked typical of a Clintwood team to be honest.

Not sure about Adkins coming out. Maybe there was an issue not made known.

Some general coaching stuff had me scratching my head (not kicking the FG late was wild), but in relation to Adkins, I thought he was off the field an awful lot. Even if you're not gonna run him, he's the best decoy around. Leave him in and sell the fake.

the RV QB and his top WR, 14, are excellent ballplayers. I love how they weren't afraid to air it out but Union made some great plays to nab some passes. But 14 is an exceptional wideout.

1 minute ago, jonah58 said:

So if Trenton Adkins does well, it's because of him, if he doesn't it's because of the coaching? C'mon 

Did I say that???? No C'mon man. Trenton Did have a good game I said that from the jump just not his regular crazy numbers. What I'm saying is Coaching and Play Calling on both sides lost the game for them.  You saw what happened when RV went to a 5 man Front after Halftime  and started actually setting the edge with the OLBs turning everything back inside to help. They were pretty successful against Unions O in the 2nd other than the Big Run by Polier if I remember right. They literally ran at #13 and #3 for like 3 Quaters and they didnt Adjust. Why dont you really run Zone Read with #2 or design plays for him to do what he does best which is run the ball???  I'm also splitting Trenton out Wide way more and getting it to him in Space. The last play of the game they played him 1v1 with no Safety Help that would of been there all night long