Score Updates -Week 7 - 10/11/19

tbgfan

15 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Some general coaching stuff had me scratching my head (not kicking the FG late was wild), but in relation to Adkins, I thought he was off the field an awful lot. Even if you're not gonna run him, he's the best decoy around. Leave him in and sell the fake.

the RV QB and his top WR, 14, are excellent ballplayers. I love how they weren't afraid to air it out but Union made some great plays to nab some passes. But 14 is an exceptional wideout.

I think you mean #16, but I agree.

But there has to be something we don't know about. Rick is a smart coach, you heard him say he was gonna "ride that horse (Adkins)"

12 minutes ago, CoachT423 said:

Did I say that???? No C'mon man. Trenton Did have a good game I said that from the jump just not his regular crazy numbers. What I'm saying is Coaching and Play Calling on both sides lost the game for them.  You saw what happened when RV went to a 5 man Front after Halftime  and started actually setting the edge with the OLBs turning everything back inside to help. They were pretty successful against Unions O in the 2nd other than the Big Run by Polier if I remember right. They literally ran at #13 and #3 for like 3 Quaters and they didnt Adjust. Why dont you really run Zone Read with #2 or design plays for him to do what he does best which is run the ball???  I'm also splitting Trenton out Wide way more and getting it to him in Space. The last play of the game they played him 1v1 with no Safety Help that would of been there all night long

Sometimes 17 year old kids don't have a good game. It happens.

35 minutes ago, jonah58 said:

I think you mean #16, but I agree.

But there has to be something we don't know about. Rick is a smart coach, you heard him say he was gonna "ride that horse (Adkins)"

You're right it was 16. 14 was the kid who filled in excellently for Lomax at LB for Union, also had a massive hit on Adkins on a KR.

1 hour ago, CoachT423 said:

I'm seeing a whole lot of hate for Trenton it seems like. You can only do so much especially when the coaching staffs  game planning and play calling as Horrible as RV had last night. He had 120 Yds rushing 1 or 2 TDs (not counting all the yardage taken away from penalties) had close to or over 100 Yds Receiving and atleast 50 Yds in the return game. Not his normal but you cant say that's not a bad night an still almost won the game for them in the last seconds.

1 hour ago, CoachT423 said:

Jonah I forgot you know it ALL not just football 😂😂. Actually if you really wanna know that my Family so I get paid nothing to promote anything he does. I dont know more than Rick Mullins but they seemed to always get out coached when it matters.  You get 2 Weeks to Game plan for Union and they didnt look prepared to me.

1 hour ago, BigWinners said:

Were you there last night or were you at Central/Battle? Im not someone who slags Rick Mullins ever, but the playcalling last night was, well weird. If Adkins was 100% from the start, why in the world is he coming out in third and short? 

All of these are correct.  The loss last night was not all on Rick but maybe more than 50% was.  And last year vs. Abingdon was entirely coaching... If Sexton got the workload in that game last year that he should've, then Abingdon doesn't even sniff OT.  I didn't attend the Richlands game last year, but I have heard the same about that game as well.

32 minutes ago, jarhead24219 said:

I just watched the game on Tv again , the last play of the game the QB was past the line of scrimmage, just stating that for clarity of the “we had .07 seconds left folks” 

Nobody said that here, so that's irrelevant.  I will admit that about 3/4 of the Ridgeview fan base are unreasonable to put it nicely, and I cringe a lot of times when I hear stuff people say in the stands, but I posted in the game thread why we lost and that's that.  But to your point, you are correct.  Phillips was past the LOS and Adkins was tackled inbounds making the time irrelevant anyway.