Tazewell V. Bluefield

Bulldog05

I don't mean to be offensive towards Tazewell here, but this game really is a game of Bluefield's JV vs the Tazewell Varsity team.  There will be 1 and 1/4 to maybe 1 and 1/2 quarters played by the Bluefield Varsity to get it to a running clock situation, and this game truly will be a near 3 quarter game of Bluefield's JV vs Tazewell's Varsity.

So, I'm going with Tazewell by a touchdown in this 3 quarter game by a score of 21-14.  

Disregard the first quarter warm up score of 42-0 for Bluefield.  21-14 is my final score.

Freddy has been calling off the dogs early this year...but Bluefield's JV team is still better than more than half of the SWD's starting teams.

Beaver's first team will put up 41 or 42 before the half, and backups/JV will add another 14-21 points. 

Tazewell will not score vs, Bluefield's starters but will tack one on vs. the JV in the 4th quarter.

Bluefield wins 55-6.

Use this as a scrimmage and practice on different things.  Try out the other QB and see what can make of it.  Let Nunley be the RB and Mullins throw it.  See what happens with that and make adjustments for the following weeks.  I just hope that they don't get to discouraged having two tough games back to back.

On 10/14/2019 at 9:46 AM, stu_bean said:

Use this as a scrimmage and practice on different things.  Try out the other QB and see what can make of it.  Let Nunley be the RB and Mullins throw it.  See what happens with that and make adjustments for the following weeks.  I just hope that they don't get to discouraged having two tough games back to back.

You'll probably get to see part of that.

Doesn’t seem very fair that these 2 teams play every year it’s been a blood bath the last few years. I just hope everyone gets outta there healthy. The injury bug has been bad for a lot of teams this year

I don't know much about the Myers kid. Nunley belongs on the field I'm just not sure QB is his position. I can say Jared Mullins is a leader, a very fierce competitor, and he happens to play QB pretty darn good. Jared has a die first then quit attitude. If there is anything in this world that will help Tazewell out more than x's and o's it is the attitude of Jared Mullins. If those kids would adopt his attitude then Tazewell will be hard to handle next year.

10 hours ago, stu_bean said:

Nunley is a skilled runner.  I think there are plenty of opportunities on the field for him.

I think nunley be good at wide receiver. He has speed. Him and jojo on opposed side of the field. Help spread defense out. 

4 hours ago, Tiger 2000 said:

not being ugly but :

This game has definitely not been a blood bath the last few years 

* see union vs ridgeview for blood bath games . 

not tazewell vs bluefield 

Depends on how one defines bloodbath. When Dahmer was eating people, that was a blood bath, but you can easily see a bloodbath could be a one sided situation.

On 10/15/2019 at 2:27 PM, Jags52 said:

Doesn’t seem very fair that these 2 teams play every year it’s been a blood bath the last few years. I just hope everyone gets outta there healthy. The injury bug has been bad for a lot of teams this year

Other than the score of the past few games the Bulldogs have played pretty well against Bluefield. Do I expect Tazewell to win this game? No! 

14 hours ago, stu_bean said:

Nunley is a skilled runner.  I think there are plenty of opportunities on the field for him.

From an outside perspective, getting him away from throwing the ball is the best bet. His throwing motion is not conducive to accuracy. I'd try the other kid at QB and have Nunley at RB right now if I was Harris. Just from an outside perspective.

8 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

From an outside perspective, getting him away from throwing the ball is the best bet. His throwing motion is not conducive to accuracy. I'd try the other kid at QB and have Nunley at RB right now if I was Harris. Just from an outside perspective.

Mark it down on the calendar because I agree with you completely on that!

Even Nunley as a WR to open it up would be a good fit I think.

10 hours ago, Bulldogs52 said:

Other than the score of the past few games the Bulldogs have played pretty well against Bluefield. Do I expect Tazewell to win this game? No! 

Tazewell has played better against Bluefield than they have either Graham or Richlands the past few years and yet Bluefield is supposed to be the best of those three teams.

Somebody explain that one?!

1 hour ago, stu_bean said:

Tazewell has played better against Bluefield than they have either Graham or Richlands the past few years and yet Bluefield is supposed to be the best of those three teams.

Somebody explain that one?!

Graham & Richlands care more about beating Tazewell than Bluefield does 

51 minutes ago, EH31 said:

Graham & Richlands care more about beating Tazewell than Bluefield does 

True. But this year it is for the Tazewell County Championship. lol. Bluefield is beat up at the wide receiver spots and Bluefield will be resting players that have injuries. I don't expect the score to be too bad to quickly unless Tazewell gives Bluefield points on turnovers. I am thinking a final of around 42-14.

58 minutes ago, crazyFB said:

Bluefield pulls starters a lot faster against Tazewell than Graham or Richlands.

Wasn't at the game last week between Richlands and Tazewell.  This is based on what I posted listening to game.

7-0 Richlands after 1Q

10-0 Richlands at 11:51  2Q

17-0  Richlands at 9:13  2Q

24-0 Richlands at 6:23  2Q

31-0 Richlands at 3:13   2Q

38-0 Richlands at 1:58   2Q

HALFTIME 38-0 Richlands

Running Clock for 2nd half of game

41-0 Richlands 8:08  3Q 

41-0 Richlands after 3Q

41-0 Richlands Final

After Levi kicked the F/G at 8:08 3Q subs began to play for Richlands