Union @ Central

CriticalNoise

great location for a game----VIEW ONLY,my question to the schools who have turf, do you think the rash of injuries at CENTRAL are do to the turf.It seems to me that RIDGEVIEW had several season ending injuries when the first opened the new field up, those are now decreased, maybe because they practice on the grass????I dont remember HONAKER or RICHLANDS having those issues,different turf?Just wondering because THE PARK looked really good  on tv the other night

39 minutes ago, jarhead24219 said:

great location for a game----VIEW ONLY,my question to the schools who have turf, do you think the rash of injuries at CENTRAL are do to the turf.It seems to me that RIDGEVIEW had several season ending injuries when the first opened the new field up, those are now decreased, maybe because they practice on the grass????I dont remember HONAKER or RICHLANDS having those issues,different turf?Just wondering because THE PARK looked really good  on tv the other night

Richlands did have a string of benefit game injuries several years in a row against Honaker. Those games would have been on turf.

46 minutes ago, jarhead24219 said:

This has been mentioned. 20+ ACL/knee injuries since 2014 would have one scratching their head for sure.....

1 hour ago, Union_Fan said:

Richlands did have a string of benefit game injuries several years in a row against Honaker. Those games would have been on turf.

yeah i remember the JUSTICE kid from HURLEY/RICHLANS, that was a shame, seems like the GMEN had some bad acl issues too

4 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

Tazewell played 4 of its first 5 games this season on artificial turf.  Bears consideration.

It does. I think I mentioned this before, but I was told that Union had an offer to install turf at The Park and turned it down. Glad they did. I can think of very, very few leg injuries for The Bears since 2011, and I believe most, if not all of those, were the result of an interaction with another player(tackle, collision, etc), not a cut or change of direction type play.

On 10/13/2019 at 1:34 AM, BigWinners said:

All the Wal-Mart stuff is very old by now. Surely we can find new ways to hate on Wise, shouldn't be too hard.

Walmart never will get old, school location is perfect for this nickname. One of the best of all time LOL !

It wouldn't surprise me at all if this game is close, just because it's Central. Sometimes we have a hard time playing up there. However, it shouldn't be close at all. I know they have speed, but not enough to overcome power and The Bears have made leaps and bounds in that category this year. They are improving every week.

All aboard....https://www.facebook.com/129545150718962/videos/414183286175841/?hc_ref=PAGES_TIMELINE&fref=nf

And a shout out to WCYB for the absolutely phenomenal job they did on the game last week.

I think Central will give Union a great game. Bears might pull away in the 4th quarter and wear the Warriors down with their constant running game. Weather should be nice . Hoping no player gets banged up and everyone stays healthy. 

9 minutes ago, cowboysnskynyrd said:

Anyone have the stats for this game?

Listened to second half from Salem. Don't have stats. From what I heard in broadcast, Central absolutely gashed Union on the ground and played ball control offense and killed clock.  Up 21-7 and having Union on the ropes with a good drive just gashing Union on the ground, they turned it over (fumble) in Union territory in the third qtr. If they don't do that, I think they would have scored and gone up 28-7 as it sounded like Unions DL was really winded on that Central drive. As crazy as it may seem, this game may have actually been slightly worse than the final score in the way Central just outplayed and out-physicalled Union.