GW VS Galax!!!

20 minutes ago, GDUB said:

Don’t think they played Salem might wanna check your facts! Northside called off the dogs, That might be the one you are thinking about 

How do you figure they called off the dogs when their starters played the whole game????

28 minutes ago, Peter Goisinya said:

Galax played 3A Salem, tuff, really really stuff, good luck GW, your gonna need it

It was actually Northside not Salem and yes Galax played them tough after the first couple of series.

36 minutes ago, MT FAN 91 said:

Galax and GW are both better this year.

I would argue, both are better by a considerable margin!  This is the best Galax team in a number of years.  Especially considering at least two starters have been on the sidelines in street clothes for every game this season.  One in-particular is an all-state performer in multiple sports.  I don't want to rush him back.  He needs to get fully healthy before even considering playing.  But he is a sledge hammer on defense.  We won't know exactly how good this Galax team is and can be until he is healthy.

On 10/13/2019 at 5:59 PM, GDUB said:

i respect it but with that being said no way they hold us to 14 points. we know their rb and he is not a fan of contact. we shut him down last year and will do the same this year. only if their qb fixes his accuracy problems I cant see them winning this game. 

Held you all the 14 pts twice last year. And the game against FC was a 6-2 contest. He’s also not running behind a FC line. Galaxs line knows how to block and will have a specific game plan. He’s also not shied away from contact at all this year. As far as the QB he’s completing 57% of his passes and has thrown 18 tds. Not too shabby. GW is a really good team and I do believe it will be close but I see Galax pulling away late. 

3 hours ago, GDUB said:

Don’t think they played Salem might wanna check your facts! Northside called off the dogs, That might be the one you are thinking about 

They hung in there nose to nose with northside until the depth took over late 3rd or early 4th quarter...this came straight from the mouth of a northside coach

Galas will be more than G Dub can handle IMO

58 minutes ago, Red Rabbit said:

I just hope the two best teams make it to Salem . I love a good contest ! The last three years we all knew the outcome before the kickoff.

don't agree, I thought last year Chilhowie had a shot if they played perfect. They didn't and you saw what happened. I don't believe Warriors were 30+ behind Riverheads last year. 

But Big Red is more than welcome to come play the bigger dogs in 2A, their numbers show that's where they should probably be anyway. 

34 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

don't agree, I thought last year Chilhowie had a shot if they played perfect. They didn't and you saw what happened. I don't believe Warriors were 30+ behind Riverheads last year. 

But Big Red is more than welcome to come play the bigger dogs in 2A, their numbers show that's where they should probably be anyway. 

Last time they came into the 2A playoffs I believe...Giles sent them back up 81 with a beat down...guess they them decided to start lying about enrollment

For what it's worth, Galax did play and best a team from Salem which is Glenvar. Of the 6 games that I counted looking at Galax's schedule, 5 of the 6 opponents have been 2 or higher, with Carroll County and Northside higher than 2A. Unless my math is off here, Galax has only played one 1A school this year in Rural Retreat.

54 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Last time they came into the 2A playoffs I believe...Giles sent them back up 81 with a beat down...guess they them decided to start lying about enrollment

I don't wanna sound like I'm bashing Riverheads, there's an argument to be made they have had the single best run over the past decade or so in the state regardless of division. They're incredible. But it seems like they should be a 2A team by actual enrollment, going by what I've learned from very trustworthy sources. The stated enrollment of 476 does not seem accurate at all. 

ADM numbers say Riverheads has about 60ish less students than defending 2A champ Graham, and I would be very surprised if that was actually true.

the top 2A school in ADM is 732 and the lowest is at 477, about a 260 student gap. In 1A, it's 453 at most and 108 at the bottom throwing out one school with only 57, with a gap of 345. 

7 hours ago, Red Rabbit said:

Just what I thought , nobody from SWVA to carry the water for Riverheads !

Is gw or Galax 30 points better than Chilhowie was last year because Riverheads is even better this year?

You are right , Riverheads enrollment is not 476. The real number is  453 ! Lookin back at last years Champ game if the Chilbunch kick a field goal from the Red Zone instead of going for it and not scoring , I would have nailed the exact score . Check it out!  RIVERHEADS is the real deal ! They will be in Salem the next three years and maybe after that ! You can get your tickets early .

1 hour ago, Orange said:

Is gw or Galax 30 points better than Chilhowie was last year because Riverheads is even better this year?

In my opinion, yes, Galax is much better than Chilhowie, and I mean by a lot.  Keep in mind, Galax and Riverheads have a common opponent in Glenvar.

Galax wins by 3 at Glenvar.

Riverheads wins by 17 at home, hosting Glenvar.

That's a 14 point diffetential, but take away the Galax travel and Riverheads hosting with Glenvar, and that drops it 7-10 points in my book. What I'm saying is, it's not out of the realm of possibility. This Galax team would beat Chilhowie handily. Galax lost to Northside by 14 and Northside lost by only 7 to Salem. Again, in the realm of possibility it is for Galax. Cal Preps has Riverheads and Galax in favor of Riverheads by 11 points last I checked. Riverheads, a favorite, but could Galax pull it off? Yes they could. Their good enough with some turnovers and a special teams play or two to pull it off.

No offense to you, and I give Riverheads all the credit as they are solid, but they play in a shi$show of a district. I'm sorry, but I've heard that 1-81 Shenandoah Valley hyoe machine for years up there. Not Riverheads, but with the general area. Heck, they had people believing on this board last year that East Rock wasn't just 14 points better than Graham, but that they were faster when they had 1-2 kids on the team that could run a forty under 4.8. If Riverheads played the 2A teams down here each year like Union, Graham, Richlands, Ridgeview, Giles on most years or God forbid they try to tackle the beast across the border, they would chalk up some regular season W's. But, a powerhouse for sure and the best size for size in the last decade in the state of VA. If they played 2A which is their size, they are a top 5-6 2A team with 1 title, maybe two. Only my opinion, but I can literally feel the Stuart's Draft 1-81 Shenandoah Valley Hype Machine roaring up right now. They will go undefeated up there through game 12 and possibly to the finals, but get ready, by the time they are 12-0, they will have everybody convinced that "this is surely the team." I've heard for years with Lee Staunton, Clarke, Wilson Memorial, East Rock and even Draft in the past. They take turns each year with the 1-81 hype machine only not to win state championships.

Agree with you on the hype ! 15 Schools within 35 miles refuse to play Riverheads in football . They now play teams 2-3 hours away in the reg. season . Draft will be the only team that has a chance at giving them a game. Riverheads is young but talented and deep . A lot better than last year . They stay healthy they will march to the end . Most seasons they have a loss in early season to a larger school and this just educates the coaches on who can play where . If they go down it will shock everybody ! 

Good luck to Riverheads again, not that they need it. They are bad enough without needing luck. I do hope you guys shi$kick Stuart's Draft. I like seeing scores where you hammer those 2A schools and the mouthy ones in 1A in the far East where the Northern Neck spins it's annual hype machine only to lose to you guys again seemingly every year in the playoffs.

1 hour ago, Red Rabbit said:

You are right , Riverheads enrollment is not 476. The real number is  453 ! Lookin back at last years Champ game if the Chilbunch kick a field goal from the Red Zone instead of going for it and not scoring , I would have nailed the exact score . Check it out!  RIVERHEADS is the real deal ! They will be in Salem the next three years and maybe after that ! You can get your tickets early .

Lol if you actually believe that number.  If you guys are so confident, why not petition up and play (or ya know, have legit enrollment numbers)? If no one in 1A can dream of competing, might as well seek out a challenge and I'm sure Regions C and D would be happy to accommodate you.