GW VS Galax!!!

1 hour ago, Red Rabbit said:

Agree with you on the hype ! 15 Schools within 35 miles refuse to play Riverheads in football . They now play teams 2-3 hours away in the reg. season . Draft will be the only team that has a chance at giving them a game. Riverheads is young but talented and deep . A lot better than last year . They stay healthy they will march to the end . Most seasons they have a loss in early season to a larger school and this just educates the coaches on who can play where . If they go down it will shock everybody ! 

Must be awfully nice when the VHSL spoon feeds you enrollment cutoffs cycle after cycle after cycle.

8 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

Must be awfully nice when the VHSL spoon feeds you enrollment cutoffs cycle after cycle after cycle.

if thats true and they keep enrollment down just to beat up on smaller schools, well good for them. I one would feel proud beating up on schools with half the enrollment. but some people like to only play poker knowing the cards will always come out in their favor.

To be fair, the Virginia Department of Education website lists Riverheads High School with 458 students for 2018-2019.  It shows 461 for the 2017-2018 school year , 477 for the 2016-2017 school year and 481 for the 2015-2016 school year. 

They have certainly shown improvement in redrawing those boundaries to keep up appearances! 

How do threads that have nothing to do with Riverheads seem to always lead to the enrollment numbers there? I dont have a clue as to how many kids attend Riverheads high school other than what the VHSL says and the VHSL says they fall into 1A so everybody else in 1A better be ready to play them. If anyone has proof that they should be in 2A it should be presented to the VHSL to take care of the situation or just accept the fact that they're 1A. To be the man you have to beat the man and Riverheads is the man in 1A!!!

1 hour ago, MT FAN 91 said:

How do threads that have nothing to do with Riverheads seem to always lead to the enrollment numbers there? I dont have a clue as to how many kids attend Riverheads high school other than what the VHSL says and the VHSL says they fall into 1A so everybody else in 1A better be ready to play them. If anyone has proof that they should be in 2A it should be presented to the VHSL to take care of the situation or just accept the fact that they're 1A. To be the man you have to beat the man and Riverheads is the man in 1A!!!

What part about manipulating their enrollment did you miss?

1 hour ago, Union_Fan said:

It is obvious that Augusta Co schools moves boundaries to keep each school in the classification they want them in. From a few years ago...

https://www.newsleader.com/story/news/local/2015/02/06/county-school-zones-changing/22978385/

This is standard operating procedure in Central VA and the Shenandoah Valley.  They adjust school district boundaries like people change their underwear, and they're not ashamed to hide the fact that the VHSL's leaking them the numbers.  When 3 of the top 4 AAA schools by enrollment are Western Albemarle, Charlottesville, and Monticello, it's almost gloating about it.

47 minutes ago, TwhscoachT said:

What part about manipulating their enrollment did you miss?

Yes i seen it and if you have proof they're manipulating numbers to stay in 1A present these facts to the VHSL is all im saying. My point is why did a thread intended to discuss the Galax at GW game get hijacked about Riverheads enrollment numbers. Seems to happen every year on the message boards, we start off talking bout a completely different subject and leads to Riverheads cheating the system. 

13 minutes ago, MT FAN 91 said:

Yes i seen it and if you have proof they're manipulating numbers to stay in 1A present these facts to the VHSL is all im saying. My point is why did a thread intended to discuss the Galax at GW game get hijacked about Riverheads enrollment numbers. Seems to happen every year on the message boards, we start off talking bout a completely different subject and leads to Riverheads cheating the system. 

So you are saying, I need to prove a governing bodies intent when they rezoning their districts. You know as I do that proving this act is not possible due to the fact that a single trivial lie would upend any prosecution. But where there is smoke and heat there is fire.

edit: Getting away with this is simple, proving this is near impossible. Its like holding your finger to your sisters face and saying Im not touching you. It looks bad on your school and district. You rezone every ADM year.  

21 minutes ago, MT FAN 91 said:

It turned into that discussion because a Riverheads poster interjected his team's superiority to the conversation. He is the one who stirred up the pot and got it headed in that direction. 

I'll get us back on track lol. 

Here is the Stats for  the QBs and RBS heading into the game. 

Simmons is leading the timesland (Roanoke times coverage area) in passing. 

GW  Simmons              Galax Pickett

ATT - COMP.  70-108.       64-113

Interceptions  0                       4

Percentage. 64.8%               56.6%

TD'S.             11                     18

YARDS.       1367.                  990

Rushing    76 - 453 yds    39-130yds 

RBS 

GW  Wells                     Galax Brown

104-661 yds.                101-910 yds  

Avg yards  per carry

6.3                            9.0

Avg yards  per game

110.2                            151.7

4 hours ago, Optimal62 said:

I'll get us back on track lol. 

Here is the Stats for  the QBs and RBS heading into the game. 

Simmons is leading the timesland (Roanoke times coverage area) in passing. 

GW  Simmons              Galax Pickett

ATT - COMP.  70-108.       64-113

Interceptions  0                       4

Percentage. 64.8%               56.6%

TD'S.             11                     18

YARDS.       1367.                  990

Rushing    76 - 453 yds    39-130yds 

RBS 

GW  Wells                     Galax Brown

104-661 yds.                101-910 yds  

Avg yards  per carry

6.3                            9.0

Avg yards  per game

110.2                            151.7

where are the WR's numbers lol

2 hours ago, Optimal62 said:

Sorry, the kid from GW has real impressive numbers 

GW Thompson 29 catches 775 yds   8 tds 

GALAX  JOHNSON  21 catches 377 yards and 12 TD's

21 catches for 12 TDs is insane. That means every two times he catches a ball, he scores. 

29-775-8 is a fantastic stat line too, that's like 25 yards per catch

12 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

21 catches for 12 TDs is insane. That means every two times he catches a ball, he scores. 

29-775-8 is a fantastic stat line too, that's like 25 yards per catch

To me, it means Galax is superiorly coached. It wreaks of an efficient run offense that is hammering the opponent and forcing more of them into the box to stop the run, and then boom, one on one ball or post pattern behind the defense for 6 points.

1 hour ago, Hokie1Pokie said:

To me, it means Galax is superiorly coached. It wreaks of an efficient run offense that is hammering the opponent and forcing more of them into the box to stop the run, and then boom, one on one ball or post pattern behind the defense for 6 points.

I mean, the guy played for, and was an All-American for, the Old Salt then spent time in the league.  If anything, the man may be over qualified for SWVA HS football.  

10 hours ago, Optimal62 said:

Sorry, the kid from GW has real impressive numbers 

GW Thompson 29 catches 775 yds   8 tds 

GALAX  JOHNSON  21 catches 377 yards and 12 TD's

The Simmons/Thompson combo has been a real joy to watch this season. Thompson is also a very good defensive player as well. Add in Wells' steady production at RB, and this has been one of the more fun GW teams to watch for me personally.

No doubt in my mind that Galax has a huge advantage in the trenches. Like I said earlier, I just hope we gather up enough big plays to make this a game in the 4th quarter with a chance to win it. 

11 hours ago, SW_VA_boy said:

I mean, the guy played for, and was an All-American for, the Old Salt then spent time in the league.  If anything, the man may be over qualified for SWVA HS football.  

I’m surprised he’s not moved up the ranks by either school size or division.  But don’t mess with happiness.

6 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

I’m surprised he’s not moved up the ranks by either school size or division.  But don’t mess with happiness.

The fact he's found happiness, or maybe just tolerance, in a place as politically jacked as Galax speaks to the character of the man somewhat as well.