Tazewell @ Marion

Plywood_King

Every man over the age of 35 has a slacker nephew that they just can't relate to. Today's music, fashion, and irrational interest in flavored water vapor that may or may not have nicotine or THC in it is beyond you, and while you're sure he's a good kid, times have left you behind and the only thing that you have in common is that you both have an AC/DC shirt in your closet because you both "used to like them when you were young and stupid." But one way or another, Christmas is coming and you have no idea what to get this brat, so while your wife browses Bed, Bath, and Beyond, the mall takes you to Spencer's Gifts to see what may be suitable to convince this kid that you're not completely out-of-touch. 

Then, you see it! You have no idea what it is, but it looks wicked awesome. The fact that it's sat on the shelf for so long that it's now listed at 75% off list price just means that he will be the only cat the block who has one. The label says it's an incense burner, which is super sweet, because every body knows that all the cool kids are into smoking things. So, he opens it, and of course, he hates it, but he pretends to like it before putting it in the closet and pretending like it doesn't exist.

This is where the story gets complicated. Your nephew has a stepbrother, and the stepbrother is the black sheep of the family, mainly because he is constantly being unfairly compared to his two older biological brothers who are far more successful. It's not his fault, he just doesn't have the natural skills that his brothers have, but it's left him with a chip on his shoulder. So, every year, usually about the time the family opens up the closet to get out the Halloween decorations, he is reminded of the incense burner that his stepbrother has kept tucked away on the top shelf. Now, he doesn't really care about the incense burner, but if he can't one-up his older brothers, he might as well take something from his stepbrother; after all, he's had it for like three years and never shows it off! Meanwhile, your nephew really doesn't want that rejected prop piece from ABC's Dinosaurs, but the last thing he wants is to let that freshman annoyance that his mother married into the family get a hold of anything that is his.

And thus, "The Battle for the Spencer's Gifts Clearance Sale Incense Burner" was born.

59b756ca196bf.image.jpg?resize=1200,1599

32 minutes ago, Bigrhsfan said:

So,  does the winner or the looser get the trophy ????

I think I would lose on purpose just to not win the trophy. Literally so ugly. It looks like something you’d see on Cake Wars. Except not as good. 

2 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

I think I would lose on purpose just to not win the trophy. Literally so ugly. It looks like something you’d see on Cake Wars. Except not as good. 

I had the same thought. Looks like a Kid designed it. 

I think I've got this, @Plywood_King.

Richlands and Graham =the successful older brothers of Tazewell

Tazewell=The black sheep younger brother w/chip on shoulder

Marion=unwelcome step-brother and nemesis to Tazewell 

May I add Abingdon;  our smug, arrogant cousin who thinks his McMansion and BMW make him look wealthy?

While this intro was fairly entertaining you all missed the real point. That point is which of these two teams will take their post Richlands beat down frustration out on the other.

Tazewell has suffered injuries that have decimated their talent at skill positions and Marion looked young last night. Each have wins this season but have not performed well against their tougher opponents. Marions QB looked pretty good but did not have the time to look for open receivers while the run game was lacking. Tazewell still has some skill players to rely on and a big line.

With that being said I will take Tazewell in this battle of the step children. Their speed will be too much for Marion.

Tazewell should win this game easily IMO.... I said it before the season started this is one of the worst Marion teams in school history even worse than the 1-9 team 4 or 5 years ago. It's not just the football program all the sports teams at Marion are down right now and I don't see much in the future to turn it around 

6 minutes ago, Canes00 said:

Tazewell should win this game easily IMO.... I said it before the season started this is one of the worst Marion teams in school history even worse than the 1-9 team 4 or 5 years ago. It's not just the football program all the sports teams at Marion are down right now and I don't see much in the future to turn it around 

As down as they are, they’re still better than 5 other teams in the region lol.