Week 8 points

Ryan4VT

18 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

Someone calculate them tonight please?? 2D could get WILD. 

1.) Ridgeview 6-1 162 23.14286
2.) Union 6-2 175 21.875
3.) Richlands 4-3 141 20.14286
4.) Central 5-2 134 19.14286
5.) Graham 5-2 128 18.28571
6.) Tazewell 4-3 123 17.57143
7.) Gate City 3-5 128 16
8.) Marion 3-4 102 14.57143
9.) John Battle 1-6 85 12.14286
10.) Va High 0-7 80 11.42857
11.) Lee 0-7 73 10.42857
12.) Lebanon 0-7 71 10.14286
Edited by Union_Fan
Took 2 pts from Tazewell. Reversed Mt. View game.

15 minutes ago, UK2000 said:

Wonder if RV can still get the number one seed with a 7-3 record 

I don’t think so. I think Union or Richlands (with a win over Graham) would have a shot at the 1. 

Ahh, the Princeton Tigers effect. I hope Tony gets rid of this piece of shi* series.  I'm so sick of playing them and sick of watching them offer absolutely nothing, no benefit in power points, but we keep waiting and assuming sooner or later, they win at least 4 games and all in all, a little pick up or a wash in the power points. Well, I'm tired of waiting. Next year will be no different. They ain't winning next year either.

Ridgeview or Union at 1 is most likely.  Would love to see Graham get a #2, but not likely with Lebanon, V-High, Princeton and Giles all having bad seasons.

Would love to see Graham at home in the region title (if they make it that far), but they blew it against Union at home.  I like the adjustments they made on defense, moving a couple folks around.  I think they would match up better against a team that can run well now.  A couple of those guys in the secondary need to work on tackling better.

42 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Ridgeview or Union at 1 is most likely.  Would love to see Graham get a #2, but not likely with Lebanon, V-High, Princeton and Giles all having bad seasons.

Would love to see Graham at home in the region title (if they make it that far), but they blew it against Union at home.  I like the adjustments they made on defense, moving a couple folks around.  I think they would match up better against a team that can run well now.  A couple of those guys in the secondary need to work on tackling better.

From what I can tell if RV loses to Pikeville, Union wins out and Richlands wins out it’ll be close between Union and Richlands  for the 2. 

if RV loses one and Union and Graham win out, Graham can’t outpoint Union I think. @Union_Fan can correct me if I’m wrong, but I think Graham’s ceiling is 3 unless Union or RV get upset by Abingdon. 

6 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

From what I can tell if RV loses to Pikeville, Union wins out and Richlands wins out it’ll be close between Union and Richlands  for the 2. 

if RV loses one and Union and Graham win out, Graham can’t outpoint Union I think. @Union_Fan can correct me if I’m wrong, but I think Graham’s ceiling is 3 unless Union or RV get upset by Abingdon. 

That sounds about right.  Would love to see Graham and Richlands in a region title like last season again.  Those 4 teams are very close this season and Central looks like a dark horse that could throw a wrench into things as well.  Going to be some great games in the region D playoffs.

22 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

That is correct. I'll do some detailed projections this week, but that's how it worked out at a quick glance last night.

On 10/19/2019 at 12:10 PM, Hokie1Pokie said:

Ahh, the Princeton Tigers effect. I hope Tony gets rid of this piece of shi* series.  I'm so sick of playing them and sick of watching them offer absolutely nothing, no benefit in power points, but we keep waiting and assuming sooner or later, they win at least 4 games and all in all, a little pick up or a wash in the power points. Well, I'm tired of waiting. Next year will be no different. They ain't winning next year either.

Princeton is an easy 9 points for them. There are no bonus points like in WV. Princeton provides AAA points with A talent on the field. Tazewell and Graham have benefited from playing them. Bluefield , who relies on bonus points, has been screwed by playing Princeton because the Tigers only win is against a AA Oak Hill. Which gives Beaver 0 bonus points. And the loss to LB gives them 0 points. A loss in the WVSSAC is way more costly than in the VHSL.

1 hour ago, Ryan4VT said:

Yeah but that was a special Graham team that could not be stopped. 
Bullitt has a magic that Graham certainly has felt in the past. 

Would you have felt that way had you waltzed out of there with a win in 2017 like you should have?  What about that slow start to an Appomattox team they probably beat 6 times out of 10?

Awesome environment, but like Lane Stadium, the “home field mystique” is a fair bit overblown.

3 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

Would you have felt that way had you waltzed out of there with a win in 2017 like you should have?  What about that slow start to an Appomattox team they probably beat 6 times out of 10?

Awesome environment, but like Lane Stadium, the “home field mystique” is a fair bit overblown.

Yeah. I would feel that way regardless. Even the best home field advantage can’t make up for otherworldly talented. That Appo team was part of a dynasty. I was at that game and it was one of the most fun atmospheres that I’ve ever been a part of. A few examples of the magic not working doesn’t taint the decades of stories and big games that place has seen and won. 

When Region C and D play in playoffs im assuming the team with the most power points gets home field right?  I know back in the 80s and 90s they rotated it every 2 years if I remember right.  Seems like Appalachia was always good the years the state was played out east.

8 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

When Region C and D play in playoffs im assuming the team with the most power points gets home field right?  I know back in the 80s and 90s they rotated it every 2 years if I remember right.  Seems like Appalachia was always good the years the state was played out east.

You are correct, whoever has the most power points hosts the State semifinal game. 

31 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

Hasn't Union only lost around 7 or 8 games at home since consolidation?  You can even go back to the PV years if that didn't convince you.  Some of the biggest games in the state have been played in that park and I'm from Appalachia so I was raised to hate PV.  

The PV/Appalachia/Union program and culture is great. Bullitt Park is great when the team is good, it’s average to below average when the team isn’t contending for regional titles. From 2000 on it was a tame environment at PV games even in 04 and 06 when PV won Region D. Look at last year’s playoff game against Graham, fans had given up. People that played at PV/Union know the truth. Lose and I don’t even mean lose bad I just mean win 5 or 6 games and those fans turn on you faster than some drug snitches around here.