Graham vs Richlands

Gridiron60

12 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

I read way too fast, I saw changing cleats & my mind went back to the 90s. I skipped right over the Lester part 😂😂😂😂 An earlier poster said something about Webb being fastest player on the field Friday night and I’m not so sure that will hold true. 

Xayvion and Lester will both have something to say about that.  

50 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Xayvion and Lester will both have something to say about that.  

They may. I’m just basing my opinion off of watching Webb outrun the entire Bluefield secondary, when they had the angle. He just outran them. And that, to me, is impressive given Bluefield’s dynamic speed. 

Xayvion and Lester are both great players.  Lester may be the player of the year in the district.  But I’m pretty sure Webb won’t disappoint. Probably leading the district in all purpose yards vs a pretty tuff schedule. They will double him on d . Probably won’t take to many shots his way on offense and will more than likely not direct kick to him.  Only remember one player in the district over the past two or three  years that had that effect.   Simmons will Be ready for this game as well, and Steele plays best vs the better teams.  Not making a prediction. Just think it will bE a good game to watch.  

8 hours ago, Burrell’s Pearls said:

Having seen both, Graham names the score. Only team in SWVA that can beat Graham is Graham. This one could get real ugly.

All depends on when you saw each team play.  Richlands vs Gate City--based on this game Graham rolls.  Graham vs Union--based on this game Richlands wins easily.  In reality, both have improved and match up pretty good with each other.  Always a hard hitting game and a fun one to watch, so I still see a possibility of both teams winning, but neither by a huge margin. This will come down to mistakes, turnovers, and penalties. Good luck to both teams, should be a good one.

7 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

And Richlands, right? 

Yep. But that has zero to do with what I quoted. He said the ONLY team in SWVA that can beat y'all is yourself. I just pointed out that Union has already won that game. So his argument -- as are most of them -- is invalid. 

Wasn't a slight at Graham at all. Blues fans have no room to take shots at Graham. Just taking a shot at his posts.

6 minutes ago, Blue 72 said:

All depends on when you saw each team play.  Richlands vs Gate City--based on this game Graham rolls.  Graham vs Union--based on this game Richlands wins easily.  In reality, both have improved and match up pretty good with each other.  Always a hard hitting game and a fun one to watch, so I still see a possibility of both teams winning, but neither by a huge margin. This will come down to mistakes, turnovers, and penalties. Good luck to both teams, should be a good one.

This. It's what I've said all week. This is a game where the team who commits the least penalties and mistakes will win a close game. I just don't see a big win either way. I could be wrong -- and I'll admit it if I am. 

8 hours ago, Burrell’s Pearls said:

Having seen both, Graham names the score. Only team in SWVA that can beat Graham is Graham. This one could get real ugly.

Graham hurt themselves tremendously against Union for sure. But Union was prepared and had the game plan to beat Graham.  I think Graham learned from that and  has made adjustments to stop a strong running game. Should fare a little better.  Offensively, Graham has done well against all opponents, penalties killed them early on.  They seem.to have  cleaned up their act a little.

52 minutes ago, greatwhitemp36 said:

I hear rumors that Kastner might not be playing on Friday (unknown reason) - any truth to that? 

From what I'm hearing there are 4 or 5 really banged up. Graham may be in the same boat as Union having key players banged up. 

17 minutes ago, Hard nosed said:

Probably some discliplinary action knowing Gmen.  Heard 9th grader playing in his spot I bet the other meadows boy.

On After the Whistle, Crigger said he heard Lester was pretty banged up and seemed imply he may or may not play. I could have interpreted that whole exchange wrong though.  If Kastners out, 5 or 6 banged up and Lester questionable, could all be bad news for the GMen. 

11 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

On After the Whistle, Crigger said he heard Lester was pretty banged up and seemed imply he may or may not play. I could have interpreted that whole exchange wrong though.  If Kastners out, 5 or 6 banged up and Lester questionable, could all be bad news for the GMen. 

If Lester is out let us know because I'll be going to Ridgeview game instead

3 hours ago, FootballFan67 said:

From what I'm hearing there are 4 or 5 really banged up. Graham may be in the same boat as Union having key players banged up. 

well i heard they did a random drug test so who knows. kids be crazy these days

22 minutes ago, Gfan said:

They test for nicotine as well. If they did this 20 years ago they wouldn’t have any one eligible.

I didn't even know there was a way to test for nicotine.  Hell if your parents smoke you would be inhaling their second hand smoke wouldn't you

I hope this isn't so.  Both teams probably have players with some injuries, but I hope it doesn't keep them off the field Friday night at Ernie.  

I wish wish I could be there Friday night, but my better half is having an infusion Friday that takes most of the day.  It wipes them out and I won't leave to go to game.  I will be listening and cheering for my Blues.  

It will be a humdinger for sure, at least that's my thinking.  

GO BLUES🏈🌪️