Graham vs Richlands

Gridiron60

18 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

I didn't even know there was a way to test for nicotine.  Hell if your parents smoke you would be inhaling their second hand smoke wouldn't you

Good question...can smoke penetrate pores of your skin? You can smell it on clothes, hair, etc. I have so many questions now concerning this? Also, is  every county required to drug test by the VHSL? Or is that a district decision? 

17 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

Good question...can smoke penetrate pores of your skin? You can smell it on clothes, hair, etc. I have so many questions now concerning this? Also, is  every county required to drug test by the VHSL? Or is that a district decision? 

Don’t know on the district question but on the second hand contact it would be possible to fail but unlikely. They set the level high enough to catch a regular user so most second hand contact won’t cause you to fail. You would have to lock yourself in closet with someone smoking a pack. Possible but highly unlikely to be the reason why someone would fail.

7 minutes ago, Gfan said:

Don’t know on the district question but on the second hand contact it would be possible to fail but unlikely. They set the level high enough to catch a regular user so most second hand contact won’t cause you to fail. You would have to lock yourself in closet which someone smoking a pack. Possible but highly unlikely to be the reason why someone would fail.

Didn't  Bush or Clinton do some second hand smoking can't remember which one

31 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

I'm pretty sure this is a county thing. It's up to each county as to whether or not they test. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but in Tazewell county if you are on a debate team you are subject to random drug/nicotine testing.

33 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

I'm pretty sure this is a county thing. It's up to each county as to whether or not they test. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but in Tazewell county if you are on a debate team you are subject to random drug/nicotine testing.

Its a county policy.

I can see testing paid or scholarship student athletes. But unless you’re looking for PED’s in High School , it’s really a fruitless endeavor. As long as testing isn’t school wide, it’s not gonna curb vaping, smoking or drugs. It’s just gonna deter kids from playing multiple sports or any sport at all for fear of being ridiculed by those non athletes who are free to do as they please. Having a testing policy for athletes is beneficial possibly for the sake of liability insurance , maybe schools that test get a discounted rate. I’ve always believed that student athletes should be held to a higher standard but the kids that are really deep into drug activity aren’t your multi sport athletes, it’s those kids with too much free time and no fear of having to pee in a cup. Test all the kids and you won’t see as many 1 sport athletes getting in trouble in the offseason. Their habits might change when they fear losing playing time next year for partying during the offseason. 

Everything got quite on this game all of a sudden ?  Neither team can get to excited by winning this game.  Other than a brief celebration for a day or 2.

whomever wins this game more than likely clinches the district and  a better playoff seeding. But in reality , there are 4 really good teams In the region . Maybe 5 , if central is for real.   The Celebration won’t last long for the winner.       On the subject of drug tests.   Richlands lost the starting center last year , the day of the graham game.  It happens.  Nicotine throws a curve ball for all teams.  Doesn’t make someone a bad kid. Repeated mistakes that hurt your team does show a character flaw.  Let’s hope all players can suit up and play at 100 percent. And even though this is a message board and an opinion based forum, no one should speculate on kids injuries or pee tests IMO, unless they have 100 percent accurate information.  I like all the banter about who will win and why though !!

What I want to know is the following...…...….did some of the Graham faithful actually think the "we have about 5 guys banged up" excuse would actually fly, or that It wouldn't be questioned, and all of them would miraculously get healthy at the same time after being "banged up?"  LMAO.  The public by in large probably is pretty stupid regarding being informed of issues, but for heaven's sake, the public is not Neanderthals.  LMAO.

1 hour ago, Hokie1Pokie said:

What I want to know is the following...…...….did some of the Graham faithful actually think the "we have about 5 guys banged up" excuse would actually fly, or that It wouldn't be questioned, and all of them would miraculously get healthy at the same time after being "banged up?"  LMAO.  The public by in large probably is pretty stupid regarding being informed of issues, but for heaven's sake, the public is not Neanderthals.  LMAO.

I never said they weren't going to play, you're inferring (or others are inferring) something that's not there.  Banged up simply means banged up. There tends to be a fair amount of stupidity these days for sure, lol. 

6 minutes ago, FootballFan67 said:

I never said they weren't going to play, you're inferring (or others are inferring) something that's not there.  Banged up simply means banged up. There tends to be a fair amount of stupidity these days for sure, lol. 

Your right, there does seem to be a fair amount of stupidity.  FYI, nearly 1/3rd of the NFL is "banged up" after week 5.  The truth is, Graham doesn't have 5 guys who will sit out due to injury.  As for them being banged up, lets make it 10 guys.  It doesn't matter.  Banged up could mean a hangnail or bursitis of the knee versus a torn ACL.  Lots of variance in "banged up."  And FYI, Graham actually, does NOT have a bunch of players who are "banged up."  You heard wrong.

Graham's starters have only played half of the game for the last three weeks, not sure how any of them are banged up unless it happened in practice...and I highly doubt that Lester gets hit at practice.

Having said that, if Graham does lose, my pre-season prediction will be dead on...7-3.  I was saying 7-3 when all you meatheads were saying they were going to run the table and repeat.  For all I know, they still may repeat but I'll bet a dime to a dollar that they'll be 7-3 when the postseason starts.  Graham hasn't beaten a decent team all season whereas Richlands has knocked off some really good teams this year...Radford may still be the best team in 2-C and Abingdon is no slouch...

Point being, Richlands should be favored in this game by 10 or so points...home field, tougher schedule, on a roll...won't be surprised if they turn it into a blowout.

48 minutes ago, GMan said:

Graham's starters have only played half of the game for the last three weeks, not sure how any of them are banged up unless it happened in practice...and I highly doubt that Lester gets hit at practice.

Having said that, if Graham does lose, my pre-season prediction will be dead on...7-3.  I was saying 7-3 when all you meatheads were saying they were going to run the table and repeat.  For all I know, they still may repeat but I'll bet a dime to a dollar that they'll be 7-3 when the postseason starts.  Graham hasn't beaten a decent team all season whereas Richlands has knocked off some really good teams this year...Radford may still be the best team in 2-C and Abingdon is no slouch...

Point being, Richlands should be favored in this game by 10 or so points...home field, tougher schedule, on a roll...won't be surprised if they turn it into a blowout.

I would be surprised if Richlands scores. Lol. They couldn’t last year but they were missing there center. Lol. 

1 minute ago, Mountain Football said:

At the beginning of the season WVVA showcased all of the area teams. When they did Richlands the players mentioned Graham several times. It was obvious their whole focus was on Graham. Friday should be interesting........

Graham is Richlands' biggest rival now. 

1 hour ago, Hokie1Pokie said:

Your right, there does seem to be a fair amount of stupidity.  FYI, nearly 1/3rd of the NFL is "banged up" after week 5.  The truth is, Graham doesn't have 5 guys who will sit out due to injury.  As for them being banged up, lets make it 10 guys.  It doesn't matter.  Banged up could mean a hangnail or bursitis of the knee versus a torn ACL.  Lots of variance in "banged up."  And FYI, Graham actually, does NOT have a bunch of players who are "banged up."  You heard wrong.

Big difference between being banged up and injured. Banged up, you play and injured you don't . Banged up to me means you're not at 100% which doesn't constitute a hang nail. You cannot compare an NFL player to a high school football player.  

1 hour ago, GMan said:

Trying to reverse psychology? lol 

13 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

At the beginning of the season WVVA showcased all of the area teams. When they did Richlands the players mentioned Graham several times. It was obvious their whole focus was on Graham. Friday should be interesting........

I'm a meathead as I still have them repeating and winning the state championship. Had em 9-1 though. 

1 hour ago, mv91 said:

Not that it matters but I am in my 40's and I got "banged up" just getting out my door this morning!!  😁 but I am going to push through it and be at the game Friday!!

Try opening the door next time, lol 

17 minutes ago, cityofRaven said:

Graham is Richlands' biggest rival now. 

I agree with that. @Ryan4VT made a comment about the Graham/Beaver game earlier, basically stating the game doesn't have the feel of a rivalry game. I'm sure many people will bash me for this but he's right. 

If there is one game on Graham's schedule I want them to win it's against Richlands. This has absolutely nothing to do with any of the posters on here from Richlands. I just hope Graham beats the brakes off yall tomorrow night. Lol

1 minute ago, Mountain Football said:

I agree with that. @Ryan4VT made a comment about the Graham/Beaver game earlier, basically stating the game doesn't have the feel of a rivalry game. I'm sure many people will bash me for this but he's right. 

If there is one game on Graham's schedule I want them to win it's against Richlands. This has absolutely nothing to do with any of the posters on here from Richlands. I just hope Graham beats the brakes off yall tomorrow night. Lol

No offense taken. We feel the same way lol. That’s what a good rivalry needs. 

I don’t think the pre season players mentioning the graham game was meant  to be disrespectful .             Graham is the defending state champs , and had embarrassed them during the regular season last year. 1 would hope   It should be on their minds.