Graham vs Richlands

Gridiron60

5 hours ago, Mountain Football said:

I agree with that. @Ryan4VT made a comment about the Graham/Beaver game earlier, basically stating the game doesn't have the feel of a rivalry game. I'm sure many people will bash me for this but he's right. 

If there is one game on Graham's schedule I want them to win it's against Richlands. This has absolutely nothing to do with any of the posters on here from Richlands. I just hope Graham beats the brakes off yall tomorrow night. Lol

As a Graham alum, still to this day, beating Richlands in 2007 is still the biggest win and best memory I have. Of course we wanted to beat Bluefield, but the Richlands game always felt like it meant more. 

Looking forward to this one tomorrow night, Go G-Men!

7 hours ago, mv91 said:

Not that it matters but I am in my 40's and I got "banged up" just getting out my door this morning!!  😁 but I am going to push through it and be at the game Friday!!

When you get to my age you get banged up eating dinner, and taking a shower is considered a contact sport !

1 hour ago, Gridiron60 said:

Sending good vibes out to the GMen and Blues for a fair, competitive, and injury free game tomorrow night. With that said, go GMen and bring home that win! 

Im curious to how the defensive changes will play out against. Richlands.  I think the adjustments made after Union were needed and good.

2 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Im curious to how the defensive changes will play out against. Richlands.  I think the adjustments made after Union were needed and good.

I would think Rex & Snake have prepared the defense as well as they possibly can for this game. We’ll see if the boys execute like they should, block, stick to assignments, stay focused, etc. I look for them to shut down Webb. If they can put pressure on Simmons early that would be a plus. He’s not used to big game pressure like Lester. Hopefully, they prevent Richlands from getting that newly found running game going tomorrow night. They really haven’t been tested since Union so tomorrow night will tell the tale as they say. 

This will surprise a lot of people:

Southwest District

No. 2 Graham at No. 6 Richlands

Last meeting: Graham 38, Richlands 10 (Nov 24, 2018 in Bluefield, W.Va.)

The second 2018 matchup between these rivals came in the Region 2D championship, and it developed into a quarterback showcase. Richlands quarterback Race Moir collected 230 total yards, but Graham earned the victory as Cam Allen generated 265 yards and five touchdowns. … Graham also defeated Richlands 45-0 in the regular season. The G-Men finished with 487 total yards in that clash while handing Richlands its first shutout a 56-0 setback against Lord Botetourt in 2013. … Since falling 37-35 to Union, Graham has outscored three foes by an average of 45-6. Joey Dales has emerged as one of the most versatile players in the region, collecting six touchdowns while scoring 36 points as kicker. … In addition to hitters such as Luke Martin and Jake Absher, Richlands features the 1-2 punch of quarterback Cade Simmons (1,023 yards passing, 10 TDs) and running back Logan Steele (572 yards rushing). The home field advantage is vital here.

Prediction: Richlands 31, Graham 24

5 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

This will surprise a lot of people:

Southwest District

No. 2 Graham at No. 6 Richlands

Last meeting: Graham 38, Richlands 10 (Nov 24, 2018 in Bluefield, W.Va.)

The second 2018 matchup between these rivals came in the Region 2D championship, and it developed into a quarterback showcase. Richlands quarterback Race Moir collected 230 total yards, but Graham earned the victory as Cam Allen generated 265 yards and five touchdowns. … Graham also defeated Richlands 45-0 in the regular season. The G-Men finished with 487 total yards in that clash while handing Richlands its first shutout a 56-0 setback against Lord Botetourt in 2013. … Since falling 37-35 to Union, Graham has outscored three foes by an average of 45-6. Joey Dales has emerged as one of the most versatile players in the region, collecting six touchdowns while scoring 36 points as kicker. … In addition to hitters such as Luke Martin and Jake Absher, Richlands features the 1-2 punch of quarterback Cade Simmons (1,023 yards passing, 10 TDs) and running back Logan Steele (572 yards rushing). The home field advantage is vital here.

Prediction: Richlands 31, Graham 24

Just more motivation.   Best of luck to both teams.  Hoping for an injury free and good game.  Have fun and good luck.

13 hours ago, bgibb said:

As a Graham alum, still to this day, beating Richlands in 2007 is still the biggest win and best memory I have. Of course we wanted to beat Bluefield, but the Richlands game always felt like it meant more. 

Looking forward to this one tomorrow night, Go G-Men!

What a night that was. I can remember the look on everyone’s face before the game in the locker room we knew we had a chance. Everyone was locked in. 

Speed. Can Richlands contain Graham's speed? I know that Richlands has a very fast and talented playmaker in Webb, but the GMen have 5 or 6 of those guys. I think the lines and defenses will be very comparable. Will the Blues be able to contain ALL of Graham's athletes? The answer to that question determines the winner.

Good luck to both teams!