Narrows...speed speed speed!!!!

Oldindian444

I’m new on here, but I watched Narrows for the first time this Friday. . I have heard everyone building them up and everyone bashing them... but let me tell you they have team speed like I havnt seen in a while. Exp at the 1A level. I saw a team that has at least 4 running backs that can fly. Number 20 is their best back I think, he is big strong kid that runs behind his pads but once he gets past second level nobody is catching him. The blaker that is the RB/ track star can absolutely out run anyone on this end of the state. The QB can roll as well along with a couple receivers. 24 has been getting flack on her but I will have to stand up for that kid he is a player.  If Narrows can get over the injury bug and get healthy the next 3 weeks it could get interesting for them. They had as many kids in uniform but not dressed than they did dresses out.

Oh yea their line is the biggest line we have played all year.

Everyone gives teams like Narz, Bland (we couldn’t even field a team this season) Craig, East Mont hard times because “they don’t play nobody”. They play schools that are right there with them at 300 or less students. They can’t cheat the numbers like Wythe county schools or Riverheads. Give the kids some credit. Maybe Narz won’t get Galax, but going 10 - 0 says a lot about that little school. This old Bear is rooting for them to do it. 

From what I was told friday night narrows has lost 4 defensive starters, If they can get those guys back I have a feeling the Narrows Galax game would be just like 2 years ago. VERY Close. Narrows doesnt seem to be dropping off anytime soon either. Their JV has lost just a hand full of games over the last 5 years. Im happy to see a small school doing so well in just about all their sports. Be nice to see EM somehow get some excitement in their athletics, expecially the way the community and town supports Narrows High School. If you like going to watch a good HS football game with a good atmosphere, then you need to go watch a Narrows high game. From the entrance of the players to the fan and community support it is worth the trip. Good Luck to the GREEN WAVE, I'll be pulling for ya!

12 hours ago, Stranger danger said:

They're not within 5 TD's of Galax or Riverheads. They're having a great regular season and good for them. But reality lies ahead

I'm going to disagree with you. In recent years with Narrows solid seasons, you could just know they were not playing with Chilhowie or Galax. I'm not so sure about that this year. Their OL and DL may be as good as Galax. I favir Galax of course, but I think that game is well within 35. 

6 hours ago, Hokie1Pokie said:

I'm going to disagree with you. In recent years with Narrows solid seasons, you could just know they were not playing with Chilhowie or Galax. I'm not so sure about that this year. Their OL and DL may be as good as Galax. I favir Galax of course, but I think that game is well within 

The narrows defense has lost 3 or 4 starters and at least one is out for the season and they are not the same without them 

11 hours ago, Old Soul said:

Everyone gives teams like Narz, Bland (we couldn’t even field a team this season) Craig, East Mont hard times because “they don’t play nobody”. They play schools that are right there with them at 300 or less students. They can’t cheat the numbers like Wythe county schools or Riverheads. Give the kids some credit. Maybe Narz won’t get Galax, but going 10 - 0 says a lot about that little school. This old Bear is rooting for them to do it. 

Hope they go 9-1. Don’t want them to beat Craig. CC probably won’t win but if they come to play, then maybe, JUST maybe they can catch Narrows sleeping. 

Sadly, the game will be 49-7 Narrows. 

15 hours ago, rsntu88 said:

Hope they go 9-1. Don’t want them to beat Craig. CC probably won’t win but if they come to play, then maybe, JUST maybe they can catch Narrows sleeping. 

Sadly, the game will be 49-7 Narrows. 

Narrows has played and beat some good teams this year.... Auburn  Chilhowie , 2A Giles, Holston who was # 1 in region D when Narrows beat them, Covington. I'm tickled for Narrows, they are something like 40-8 in the last 4 years!! I believe its time for those that hate on Narrows to give them their due. THEIR BACK!!

42 minutes ago, Oldindian444 said:

Narrows has played and beat some good teams this year.... Auburn  Chilhowie , 2A Giles, Holston who was # 1 in region D when Narrows beat them, Covington. I'm tickled for Narrows, they are something like 40-8 in the last 4 years!! I believe its time for those that hate on Narrows to give them their due. THEIR BACK!!

One Wingers way blow par.  But Narz fass. Boyz Dey quik.   Dey so fass.  Dey our runn dat Cheeter on blanket ship mountains 

7 hours ago, MT FAN 91 said:

Nothing against GW but i hope Narrows beats them in the playoffs if that game happens simply because Galax has already played them and beat them. I'd like to see if we can match up to all the size and speed Narrows has this year. Assuming  we make it that far.

You guys will get your chance in the second round of the playoffs. Just be careful for what you wish for.

What's wrong with wanting to play a different team that is good to see how you match up and if things stay the same in the points we will not see them until the third round if im not mistaken if both teams make it that far. Several games to be played before it could happen

Galax lost most of there speed their entire secondary were four year starters and could all fly. But Galax is fast enough and there strength is 4 returning linemen, their QB and 2 very good returning linebackers. If I'm not mistaken Galax beat Narrows 55 to 0 last year and it could have been 100 to 0. Is Narrows big and fast enough to be 55 points better this year? I guess we will all see soon enough. 

23 minutes ago, littlegiants said:

Galax lost most of there speed their entire secondary were four year starters and could all fly. But Galax is fast enough and there strength is 4 returning linemen, their QB and 2 very good returning linebackers. If I'm not mistaken Galax beat Narrows 55 to 0 last year and it could have been 100 to 0. Is Narrows big and fast enough to be 55 points better this year? I guess we will all see soon enough. 

I'll answer the last question you asked

Answer....no

What's wrong with wanting to play a different team that is good to see how you match up and if things stay the same in the points we will not see them until the third round if im not mistaken if both teams make it that far. Several games to be played before it could happen

If playoffs started today

1 Galax va 8 Bath County 

4 Covington vs 5 Auburn 

2 Narrows vs 7 Parry McCluer 

3 GW vs 6 Grayson County 

That would put Narrows playing the winner of GW vs Grayson in the second round. If they finish this way in points they will only see Galax in the third round if they both make it that far.

14 hours ago, Hokiebird7 said:

I'll answer the last question you asked

Answer....no

There is that sour grapes Spartans fan again! Can’t even give them Wave respect even after getting beat by them. I hear a 2 and 8 season coming to an end for them Spartans, ain’t that right Hokiebird!? Maybe basketball will be better this winter. Shoot maybe ,just maybe, they can beat us Bears as young as we will be. But seriously, if my friend in Narz is telling me the truth, being out 4 normal starters, it will be tough in the late playoff games for them! I wish them all the luck.

33 minutes ago, Old Soul said:

There is that sour grapes Spartans fan again! Can’t even give them Wave respect even after getting beat by them. I hear a 2 and 8 season coming to an end for them Spartans, ain’t that right Hokiebird!? Maybe basketball will be better this winter. Shoot maybe ,just maybe, they can beat us Bears as young as we will be. But seriously, if my friend in Narz is telling me the truth, being out 4 normal starters, it will be tough in the late playoff games for them! I wish them all the luck.

Sour? Ok whatever you think slick...yes they finally beat Giles...congrats waves...and yes Giles may indeed finish 2-8.

But the fact remains the poster asked if they are 55 points better than last year and I said NO...that's not being Sour....that's being honest

Every team at this point has injuries...it's part of the game and I feel bad for the wave players injured but get over it...it happens to every team

On 10/21/2019 at 12:20 PM, hsportsfan said:

From what I was told friday night narrows has lost 4 defensive starters, If they can get those guys back I have a feeling the Narrows Galax game would be just like 2 years ago. VERY Close. Narrows doesnt seem to be dropping off anytime soon either. Their JV has lost just a hand full of games over the last 5 years. Im happy to see a small school doing so well in just about all their sports. Be nice to see EM somehow get some excitement in their athletics, expecially the way the community and town supports Narrows High School. If you like going to watch a good HS football game with a good atmosphere, then you need to go watch a Narrows high game. From the entrance of the players to the fan and community support it is worth the trip. Good Luck to the GREEN WAVE, I'll be pulling for ya

I have a couple of questions. And I hope I don't come of the wrong way  here. Although what was said after the Narrows/ Galax game last year?  I thought Galax was the better team but I certainly didn't expect the game to play out like it did or that score. Again not trying to come off wrong but what was the general consensus from coaches, players, fans etc. 

Second question. Is any of the players have a chance of coming back thso season? I hate to see any kid get hurt and miss out. 

1 hour ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Sour? Ok whatever you think slick...yes they finally beat Giles...congrats waves...and yes Giles may indeed finish 2-8.

But the fact remains the poster asked if they are 55 points better than last year and I said NO...that's not being Sour....that's being honest

Every team at this point has injuries...it's part of the game and I feel bad for the wave players injured but get over it...it happens to every team

Oh nothing to get over here, but I just think you should give your little brother there down 460 some respect they deserve. Without sour sarcasm. Just my take

8 hours ago, MT FAN 91 said:

If playoffs started today

1 Galax va 8 Bath County 

4 Covington vs 5 Auburn 

2 Narrows vs 7 Parry McCluer 

3 GW vs 6 Grayson County 

That would put Narrows playing the winner of GW vs Grayson in the second round. If they finish this way in points they will only see Galax in the third round if they both make it that far.

Narrows may finish third not second with that weak schedule they play