Abingdon @ Ridgeview

Observer

What are your thoughts on this one?  I haven't seen Abingdon in person, but I've been told that they have a hard time stopping the run.  If that's the case, how many yards does Adkins run for this week?

RV gave up tons of yards to the run against union. Abingdon has a stud RB that is physical and fast with a big O line to run behind. Abingdon gave up yards to richlands run game as well and seemed to tire late in the game on the D line. This game will come down to one thing and that is which defense can find a way to slow the others run game. Throw the passing game into the mix and I will have to give the advantage to Abingdon.

I will have to give the edge to the falcons because of their passing game. However if RV can utilize their qb and good wr to stretch the falcon secondary the game will be up for grabs. This is a difficult game to predict but with that being said I will take the falcons in a thriller.

Abingdon  has been playing  better  of late. They've had injuries  and some inter squad issues that have been fixed. I'm expecting  it to be a good game. One thing is for sure, they are battle tested after contests against Tennessee high and Pulaski. Could go either way..I'm saying Abingdon  by 1 td. 

I know I’ve said this before, but the Abingdon O-Line laid an old  testament level beating on the RV front 7 last year and they still almost found a way to win. I can’t wait to see this one. Abingdon scouted us last year to the point that the DB’s were telling my son what route he was about to run before plays. Hard to beat a good, physical team when you only run 4 plays. The one page playbook loses this one for the Pack unless they get a little creative. I’m gonna bring my cowbell out of the closet and raise a little Cain on the ridge Friday. 

31 minutes ago, CoachT423 said:

Yeah I'm pretty sure Martin Lucas is out tonight and the way he said it on Instagram he maybe done for the season.  Does Abingdon still  throw the ball alot??? RV still scares me in Pass Coverage 

Nothing major. Mainly bubbles. Without Lucas, Ridgeview will roll.

2 hours ago, CoachT423 said:

Yeah I'm pretty sure Martin Lucas is out tonight and the way he said it on Instagram he maybe done for the season.  Does Abingdon still  throw the ball alot??? RV still scares me in Pass Coverage 

They still have Boothe at QB and River Carter, so I am still concerned.

10 hours ago, R0cketer said:

What was the deal with Lucas?  I know some said something about an Instagram comment, just curious.   Hope nothing major, seems like a good athlete.

3 hours ago, jonah58 said:

Rumor mill is ACL, but he said he would be back next year.

He posted on Twitter last night that he broke a bone and tore a ligament in his foot. Requires surgery.