Reg 2D Playoff Scenarios

Union_Fan

43 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

Final projections appear to be the matchups.

1.)    Ridgeview    8-2
2.)    Union    8-2
3.)    Graham    8-2
4.)    Central    8-2
5.)    Richlands    6-4
6.)    Tazewell    7-3
7.)    Gate City    4-6
8.)    Marion    3-7

Hopefully central and Richlands play Saturday I'd  like to see that one I'm sure union will play friday

1 minute ago, UVAObserver said:

I’d lay money that will be a Friday nighter.  Mance detests playing early round games on Saturdays, and as the visiting team, it’s his call.

Yeah that's what I was thinking but maybe someone will play saturday

8 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

I’d lay money that will be a Friday nighter.  Mance detests playing early round games on Saturdays, and as the visiting team, it’s his call.

I always thought the home team made the decision if the travel was under three hours. Learn something every day lol.

8 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

May have my wires crossed, especially since I grew up a Graham fan, and Graham never got a say in when its playoff games happened.

It is a shitty situation for you guys, having to deal with the other team as well as battling Bluefield for dates. I always thought the home team made the call unless travel was over a certain distance but I really don't know for sure.

36 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

Wise will make the call. 
I need this game to be Friday night. My wife’s baby shower is Saturday at 1:30 and it’s been planned for a long time. I REALLY don’t want to be put in a position of picking between Richlands playoffs and a baby shower. Lol 

5 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

Wise will make the call. 
I need this game to be Friday night. My wife’s baby shower is Saturday at 1:30 and it’s been planned for a long time. I REALLY don’t want to be put in a position of picking between Richlands playoffs and a baby shower. Lol 

A woman would say that's an easy call to make. So would a man. However, they wouldn't necessarily be the same call. Lol

25 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

Wise will make the call. 

I'm picturing Ryan beside his lovely wife pretending to be excited over a new diaper genie.

CalPreps has the following predictions: 

Marion/*Ridgeview 56-10
Gate City/*Union 34-17
Tazewell/*Graham 35-13 

*Richlands/Central 34-28 

I’m on board with those predictions for the most part. I’d be surprised if Graham/Tazewell was that close & I’m not sure Gate City puts 17 up on Union or Marion puts 10 up on Ridgeview unless Ridgeview’s 2nd team is really bad. 

43 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

CalPreps has the following predictions: 

Marion/*Ridgeview 56-10
Gate City/*Union 34-17
Tazewell/*Graham 35-13 

*Richlands/Central 34-28 

I’m on board with those predictions for the most part. I’d be surprised if Graham/Tazewell was that close & I’m not sure Gate City puts 17 up on Union or Marion puts 10 up on Ridgeview unless Ridgeview’s 2nd team is really bad. 

I'm gonna be the oddball and call a Gate City upset. They were pretty physical vs us and they won the second half at Union.

17 minutes ago, jonah58 said:

I'm gonna be the oddball and call a Gate City upset. They were pretty physical vs us and they won the second half at Union.

You know Gate City potential to upset better than me since you’ve seen them play. They did beat Richlands at Ernie Hicks granted it was game one & Richlands has improved greatly. I really hope all games are barn burners in the first round but I don’t see it with Ridgeview or Graham’s match ups. 

3 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

You know Gate City potential to upset better than me since you’ve seen them play. They did beat Richlands at Ernie Hicks granted it was game one & Richlands has improved greatly. I really hope all games are barn burners in the first round but I don’t see it with Ridgeview or Graham’s match ups. 

They are pretty physical. I think that game and the Central Richlands game will be two good ones.