Reg 2D Playoff Scenarios

Union_Fan

1 hour ago, grandpaw trojan said:

Dont think Graham makes it to the final this year, Richlands will sneak up on them.

Not one, but 4 major assumptions.

Graham wins at Union.

Richlands wins at Central.

Richlands wins at Ridgeview.

Richlands beats Graham at home.

Minor assumptions are Graham and Union winning in round one.

You seem to have a bit to much confidence for my liking with all those assumptions. I think a 5 seeded team winning the region would be a first not just in Region D, but in all of 2A across VA. It may have happened, but I don't think it has.

1 hour ago, Gridiron60 said:

Any dates/times announced yet? 

I think the WVSSAC meets this afternoon in Parkersburg ... and the WV pairings will be released afterwards. If Man elects to travel to Bluefield on Friday ... Graham will host Tazewell on Saturday. 

Go Beavers!    Go G-Men!

On 11/9/2019 at 9:42 AM, Gridiron60 said:

I’m on board with those predictions for the most part. I’d be surprised if Graham/Tazewell was that close & I’m not sure Gate City puts 17 up on Union or Marion puts 10 up on Ridgeview unless Ridgeview’s 2nd team is really bad. 

If Marion has any semblance of a passing attack at all, they will score at least 14 on us.  Our passing defense, I keep telling ya, is truly that bad.

12 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

Any dates/times announced yet? 

Richlands at Central - Friday at 7

Gate City at Union - Friday at 7

Tazewell at Graham - Saturday at 1

Marion at R'view - Saturday at 1

3 hours ago, breckt said:

Richlands at Central - Friday at 7

Gate City at Union - Friday at 7

Tazewell at Graham - Saturday at 1

Marion at R'view - Saturday at 1

RV/Marion is Friday at 7. 

On 11/9/2019 at 1:12 PM, grandpaw trojan said:

Dont think Graham makes it to the final this year, Richlands will sneak up on them.

I think everyone is focused on one game at a time.  If any team is looking beyond the next game, they are probably going to be the ones who get sneaked up on, lol. If Graham and Richlands meet again, I think that would still be a hard game for Richlands to win.  Graham's defense pounded them all night long even without Lester and the offense has multiple options, running & throwing. Nothing is impossible IF they both make it the regional finals but it's less probable that Richlands wins in a Graham/Richlands final. I really think all the teams are solely focused on this week's game. 

4 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

Notice that no Richlands fan has talked about any other game than Central. One at a time. Next one is the most important one.

Just what I was going to say Ryan,  We have been in the playoffs enough to know that you don't take any game for granted and never look beyond the game ahead of you.  I can promise you that Mance and staff are thinking of this game only right now,  will they scout the other games......of course like every team will be doing,  but they only have Wise on their minds this week,  and so does every Richlands fan I know !!