(10-25-2019) Week 9 Updates

Bulldog05

26 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Graham gets TD  by one ref & then another takes it away. Lol. Can't make this stuff up! No worries got it back, lol! 

Yeh that definitely was a safety. Yall got robbed with that one. But i had a clear view of the 4th and goal and  he was a half a yard short. But Graham flat out spanked us tonight. Terrible play calling for one. When Palmer knows u, u gotta switch it up. Think they shouldve kept Webb in the backfield. He wasnt contributing at WR with the double teams. Then u go empty backfield when theyre dropping 9 guys? Play calling needs work and im sure its a lot to do with executing. 

Unless we meet again im pulling for Graham. But if Graham happens to meet Radford again i see them playing a closer game than we did. Yalls line isnt on par with your stud LBs and secondary. They make up for the very small defensive line. I can only imagine what kind of defense Graham would have if the D-line was on par with the rest of the defense. I can see Radford's monster lineman getting to the 2nd level to block Edwards and Kastner if they happen to meet. They beat Glenvar tonight so it looks like it might be Radford or Appo. But of course theres Union and Ridgeview. Should be a great playoff.

2 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Agree to disagree. Looked good from here.  Guess we need to go to the film.

It was good, I was just saying if they were going to call anything, call personal foul. After game on the field I overheard a Richlands coach tell a Graham asst. coach it was a bad call against Lester  so there's that.  Kudos to Blevins for stepping up but I still contend MVP was Graham D. 

22 minutes ago, frito gonzales said:

I have no clue on what the high school rule is. Full game or two seems mighty harsh if that is the rule.

The refs need to be 100% sure on targeting in high school, it would be nice if somehow they could see a replay before ejecting a kid.

9 minutes ago, Westisthebest said:

Yeh that definitely was a safety. Yall got robbed with that one. But i had a clear view of the 4th and goal and  he was a half a yard short. But Graham flat out spanked us tonight. Terrible play calling for one. When Palmer knows u, u gotta switch it up. Think they shouldve kept Webb in the backfield. He wasnt contributing at WR with the double teams. Then u go empty backfield when theyre dropping 9 guys? Play calling needs work and im sure its a lot to do with executing. 

Unless we meet again im pulling for Graham. But if Graham happens to meet Radford again i see them playing a closer game than we did. Yalls line isnt on par with your stud LBs and secondary. They make up for the very small defensive line. I can only imagine what kind of defense Graham would have if the D-line was on par with the rest of the defense. I can see Radford's monster lineman getting to the 2nd level to block Edwards and Kastner if they happen to meet. They beat Glenvar tonight so it looks like it might be Radford or Appo. But of course theres Union and Ridgeview. Should be a great playoff.

If Richlands beats Radford 45-28 and Graham beats Richlands 37-10 without it's First Team All Stater missing not just on offense, but also on defense, I like our chances against Radford.  Radford will have the same problem Richlands had and that's an inability to contain Graham's speed.  Again....assuming yellow clothes aren't left on the field when Graham scores.  Graham's offensive and defensive lines have greatly improved.  The offensive line for Graham got the best of Richlands tonight.  That's a great sign if your a Graham fan.  Holding Richlands to 10 points on the road, playing at Richlands, again with Lester not playing on Defense, and the way Richlands offense has been playing, especially running the football?  That's a great sign for Graham.

33 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

Marion with 23 yd pass for td against subs

Taz 61

Mar 21

5:00 4th 

Finally! I was told they didn't have subs in the Richlands game haha. But seriously im not throwing off on Tazewell. They're a fellow county team. I just dont understand why play starters so late in a decided game esp with all the bad luck they've had. I want to see them do well in the playoffs and not lose anymore players.

17 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

When do u think you'll have playoff scenarios out this week not rushing you just wondering.  We all appreciate it i know if takes alot of time but you do a good job so thanks

Probably Monday. But just a quick glance, not much changed tonight. 

Projections still look exactly like I posted this week.

17 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

The refs need to be 100% sure on targeting in high school, it would be nice if somehow they could see a replay before ejecting a kid.

Just call personal foul then look at tape afterwards. Which i know kind of defeats the purpose but would be the only way to get it right.

2 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

Probably Monday. But just a quick glance, not much changed tonight. 

Projections still look exactly like I posted this week.

Yeah I was looking at them and it seems like it both teams win first round Union will be playing Graham so that's not good

1 minute ago, Westisthebest said:

Just call personal foul then look at tape afterwards. Which i know kind of defeats the purpose but would be the only way to get it right.

Well you could call personal fouls and watch tapes and eject them for next game

11 minutes ago, Hokie1Pokie said:

If Richlands beats Radford 45-28 and Graham beats Richlands 37-10 without it's First Team All Stater missing not just on offense, but also on defense, I like our chances against Radford.  Radford will have the same problem Richlands had and that's an inability to contain Graham's speed.  Again....assuming yellow clothes aren't left on the field when Graham scores.  Graham's offensive and defensive lines have greatly improved.  The offensive line for Graham got the best of Richlands tonight.  That's a great sign if your a Graham fan.  Holding Richlands to 10 points on the road, playing at Richlands, again with Lester not playing on Defense, and the way Richlands offense has been playing, especially running the football?  That's a great sign for Graham.

Yeh but u cant look at common opponent scores. If u take the Bluefield game for both teams. Both teams lost by 2 TDs. Richlands scored more points on Bluefield but Graham allowed less. So going by that this should've been a good game. And it wasnt even without Lester.

2 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

Well you could call personal fouls and watch tapes and eject them for next game

Yeh that's what i was thinking but if the tape shows targeting then the player got to play the rest of the game in which he shouldn't have. That would be the only downside.

8 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Can Graham appeal the call? 

Yes. 
But for it to be overturned, the head official and the principal from both schools has to agree to overturn it. 
It’s very rare. 

3 minutes ago, Westisthebest said:

Yeh that's what i was thinking but if the tape shows targeting then the player got to play the rest of the game in which he shouldn't have. That would be the only downside.

Are you guys sure u have to sit out game, I thought that rule was for fighting. 

11 minutes ago, Westisthebest said:

Yeh but u cant look at common opponent scores. If u take the Bluefield game for both teams. Both teams lost by 2 TDs. Richlands scored more points on Bluefield but Graham allowed less. So going by that this should've been a good game. And it wasnt even without Lester.

Speed makes a huge difference and if Graham doesn't beat itself, it will walk through Radford if both get that far.  Trust me, forget about Radford.  Appomattox has completely kicked it into another gear.  They are pulling a Graham of 2018 right now, just like Graham did about 2/3rds of the way through the regular season, the improvement is through the roof.  Appomattox will beat Radford by at least....at least 3 TDs when the two play in the playoffs, if Radford gets past round two.  Look for Gretna to beat Radford in round two when the two schools play again, but regardless of who wins, it's not going to matter.  Gretna, Appomattox, and Glenvar, none of them are within 2 TD's of Appo at this point.  

1 minute ago, Ryan4VT said:

Yes. If you’re ejected you miss the current game and all of the next game. 

I remember a few years back last game of season against Tazewell. AJ Johnson blew a kiss to the Tazewell fans and was ejected and was ruled ineligible for the first playoff game which i think they lost.

1 minute ago, Westisthebest said:

I remember a few years back last game of season against Tazewell. AJ Johnson blew a kiss to the Tazewell fans and was ejected and was ruled ineligible for the first playoff game which i think they lost.

Yep. Lost to Cave Spring. 

Also Richlands losing Cody Howie for the state title game against Appo in 16 when he was ejected for two boneheaded penalties.