(10-25-2019) Week 9 Updates

Bulldog05

3 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

Yes. If you’re ejected you miss the current game and all of the next game. 

That's actually good for Graham in my opinion.  Helps Blevins get the reps and keeps Lester healthy.

P.S.  I remember a post earlier in the year on here stating Graham wouldn't win 4 games if Lester weren't playing.  Well...….that might still be true, but 1 of those 4 would have come on the road against Richlands, lol.

2 minutes ago, Hokie1Pokie said:

Speed makes a huge difference and if Graham doesn't beat itself, it will walk through Radford if both get that far.  Trust me, forget about Radford.  Appomattox has completely kicked it into another gear.  They are pulling a Graham of 2018 right now, just like Graham did about 2/3rds of the way through the regular season, the improvement is through the roof.  Appomattox will beat Radford by at least....at least 3 TDs when the two play in the playoffs, if Radford gets past round two.  Look for Gretna to beat Radford in round two when the two schools play again, but regardless of who win, it's not going to matter.  Gretna, Appomattox, and Glenvar, none of them are within 2 TD's of Appo at this point.  The closest is Gretna.

I agree with you but Gretna is better than I thought.  I've heard all year that TJ is tough and Gretna almost got em.

Just now, goose111874 said:

I agree with you but Gretna is better than I thought.  I've heard all year that TJ is tough and Gretna almost got em.

Yep, Gretna is the second best team in that region.  Appo beat them 21-7 two weeks ago, but that was at Gretna.  Gretna lost by a point to Radford at Radford, but Gretna had 5 turnovers in that game to Radford's 0 turnovers, and Gretna rushed for 405 yds.  Had 420 total yards and Radford had 218.   Credit Radford for winning the game and getting the W, but we both kind of get the point.....One played horrible and one played perfect and the one that played perfect only one by a point and if the two meet again, the odds are that those same circumstances of turnovers/margin of turnovers will not happen again.  

You will know find a pair of linebackers better than Grahams at the 2a level in VA....and I'd bout say any state at the 2a level...those are sum football players there...kinda reminds me of Shane wicks...good size good speed and smart....

8 minutes ago, Hokie1Pokie said:

Speed makes a huge difference and if Graham doesn't beat itself, it will walk through Radford if both get that far.  Trust me, forget about Radford.  Appomattox has completely kicked it into another gear.  They are pulling a Graham of 2018 right now, just like Graham did about 2/3rds of the way through the regular season, the improvement is through the roof.  Appomattox will beat Radford by at least....at least 3 TDs when the two play in the playoffs, if Radford gets past round two.  Look for Gretna to beat Radford in round two when the two schools play again, but regardless of who wins, it's not going to matter.  Gretna, Appomattox, and Glenvar, none of them are within 2 TD's of Appo at this point.  

Appomattox versus Appo would be a heck of a game! I’m sure it would be closer than a 2 TD game. JMO

wslsScores @wslsScores 

FINAL: Appomattox County 63, Chatham 13 #1stand10

MORE SCORES

Timesland @Timesland

FOOTBALL -- Chilhowie 42, Grundy 6 -- FINAL #timesland 

FOOTBALL FINAL -- Grayson County 20, Fort Chiswell 13. #timesland 

Friday Night Endzone on FOX27Verified account @FNEFootball
FINAL | Page County 82, Madison County 52

Eric Hobeck Retweeted
 John Shifflett @John_Shifflett
Madison County scored 52 points tonight...and lost by 30 to Page County. Teams combined for 134 points in that game. The scoreboard operator is going to need a Gatorade and an ice bath after that one.

Jim Sacco @Sacco_DNR

Page County's 82-52 win over Madison is the sixth-highest scoring #DNRFB game in VHSL history, according to the organization's record book. Just behind 135 combined in 2001 (Annandale 68, Westfield 57, 5OTs) and just in front of Lancaster 70, Charles City 62 in 2010.

KTN Sports Live Friday Night Finals (Oct. 25)

• Updated Today at 10:12 PM
Here are your Sports Live Friday Night finals from high school football action in Northeast Tennessee and Southwest Virginia on Friday, Oct. 25:

https://www.timesnews.net/Football/2019/10/25/Sports-Live-Friday-Night-Scoring-Updates-Oct-25.html?ci=stream&lp=1&p=1

great state

WV MetroNews home

WEEK 9 FOOTBALL SCORES

http://wvmetronews.com/high-school-football-scores/

4 minutes ago, #1BLUESFAN said:

You will know find a pair of linebackers better than Grahams at the 2a level in VA....and I'd bout say any state at the 2a level...those are sum football players there...kinda reminds me of Shane wicks...good size good speed and smart....

I agree. Whether you like Graham or not if you are a fan of good ole fashioned smack you right in the mouth football. Those two kids are the ones to watch.

****And the kid from Union

15 minutes ago, Hokie1Pokie said:

Speed makes a huge difference and if Graham doesn't beat itself, it will walk through Radford if both get that far.  Trust me, forget about Radford.  Appomattox has completely kicked it into another gear.  They are pulling a Graham of 2018 right now, just like Graham did about 2/3rds of the way through the regular season, the improvement is through the roof.  Appomattox will beat Radford by at least....at least 3 TDs when the two play in the playoffs, if Radford gets past round two.  Look for Gretna to beat Radford in round two when the two schools play again, but regardless of who wins, it's not going to matter.  Gretna, Appomattox, and Glenvar, none of them are within 2 TD's of Appo at this point.  

Told y’all...

44 minutes ago, Westisthebest said:

Finally! I was told they didn't have subs in the Richlands game haha. But seriously im not throwing off on Tazewell. They're a fellow county team. I just dont understand why play starters so late in a decided game esp with all the bad luck they've had. I want to see them do well in the playoffs and not lose anymore players.

Half the starters are second team.  Plus the facts of getting no calls and one of our players getting punched in the throat before halftime had them fired up. 

16 minutes ago, Hokie1Pokie said:

That's actually good for Graham in my opinion.  Helps Blevins get the reps and keeps Lester healthy.

P.S.  I remember a post earlier in the year on here stating Graham wouldn't win 4 games if Lester weren't playing.  Well...….that might still be true, but 1 of those 4 would have come on the road against Richlands, lol.

Not like Graham has a killer next 2 games. 

50 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

It was good, I was just saying if they were going to call anything, call personal foul. After game on the field I overheard a Richlands coach tell a Graham asst. coach it was a bad call against Lester  so there's that.  Kudos to Blevins for stepping up but I still contend MVP was Graham D. 

The defense played great for sure.  They stepped it up a few notches tonight.  It was about this time last year that Grahams defense picked it up a few notches.  If Grahams defense continues to perform like that, they will be very hard to beat.  Xay Turner is going to be a special player.  He showed great athleticism and speed on that td that was called back and on that interception, he seemed to come out of nowhere to snag that ball.  Great team effort by Graham.  Hard hitting and agressive, like the Graham teams of old.  Hats off to Tony Palmer and Company.

33 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

Yes. 
But for it to be overturned, the head official and the principal from both schools has to agree to overturn it. 
It’s very rare. 

Actually, it's the commissioner of the representing officials association, and both principals in a fighting or misconduct situation.It must be a unanimous decision between those 3 parties either way. 

However, we're simply required to submit the game report with the ejection noted. In a targeting situation, the guideline is it MUST be flagrant per the NFHS rule book to result in a disqualification. There is no subsequent suspension either for targeting, just the remainder of the contest.

55 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

Yeah I was looking at them and it seems like it both teams win first round Union will be playing Graham so that's not good

At some point you have to beat the GMen, I said all roads that lead to state will have the GMen involved

20 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

The defense played great for sure.  They stepped it up a few notches tonight.  It was about this time last year that Grahams defense picked it up a few notches.  If Grahams defense continues to perform like that, they will be very hard to beat.  Xay Turner is going to be a special player.  He showed great athleticism and speed on that td that was called back and on that interception, he seemed to come out of nowhere to snag that ball.  Great team effort by Graham.  Hard hitting and agressive, like the Graham teams of old.  Hats off to Tony Palmer and Company.

Poor Xavion has had more TDs called back  than some teams have scored all year. He is for going to be special. He is fun to watch. I am a little more optimistic about Blevins at QB next year too. I truthfully had not been impressed at all with him but after tonight, my hats off to him. There's no more high pressure regular season game than Richlands and he held his own quite well. 

4 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Poor Xavion has had more TDs called back  than some teams have scored all year. He is for going to be special. He is fun to watch. I am a little more optimistic about Blevins at QB next year too. I truthfully had not been impressed at all with him but after tonight, my hats off to him. There's no more high pressure regular season game than Richlands and he held his own quite well. 

Yes and Graham knows they can rely on him in a pinch.  I feel bad for Turner, its gotta be about 8 or more tds called back now 

3 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

I said it a few weeks ago of I'm Turner after running and 80 yard TD. He might as well just head on back to the huddle.

Keep in mind Blevins has come in with the 2nd string receivers. He has thrown some nice passes that have been dropped.

4 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

I said it a few weeks ago of I'm Turner after running and 80 yard TD. He might as well just head on back to the huddle.

Keep in mind Blevins has come in with the 2nd string receivers. He has thrown some nice passes that have been dropped.

He threw a couple nice ones tonight that should have been caught. He's got an arm nearly as good as Lester in my opinion. Lester just has that speed and versatility as a player.

2 minutes ago, UnionBears84 said:

I just don’t think anybody want to see Graham right now. Looks like they’ve fixed some things on the defensive side of the ball since the loss to Union. 

It’s not so much they fixed things as they are all healthy on the defensive side.  Both LBs played with injuries against Union.

8 minutes ago, G-star said:

It’s not so much they fixed things as they are all healthy on the defensive side.  Both LBs played with injuries against Union.

Well as they’re getting healthy Union has become one of the more banged up teams in the Region. Maybe the most unhealthy.