Union @ Abingdon

UnionBears84

47 minutes ago, UnionBears84 said:

Even without Lucas, Abingdon will be a tough out for the Bears. I see them coming back and playing their guts out after getting curb stomped against Ridgeview. Hope the Bears come ready to play!

Abingdon will not be a tough out for the Bears in my opinion. It will be a 3 TD win for Union. Maybe more. Abingdon has been shi*kicked by Pulaski, Richland's, and Ridgeview, the three good teams on their schedule. They didn't get beat. They got blasted. They are not a good team, period. No offense Abingdon. I still say the jury is out on Reed. I know some have said the Falcons have had major injuries and I respect and understand that, but I still smell a difference with Reed gone, which is exactly opposite to what some in the spin machine we're putting out when he left. Abingdon has NOT been the same team or program on the field since he left. Coincedence with injuries? Maybe, maybe so, but I suspect it might be the other way. I'm not sold Abingdon would have beat Richland's, Ridgeview and Union without the injuries. The margins of victories have not been exactly close. They have been absolute beat downs.

Union 37, Abingdon 10, no contest in this game.

1 hour ago, Hokie1Pokie said:

Abingdon will not be a tough out for the Bears in my opinion. It will be a 3 TD win for Union. Maybe more. Abingdon has been shi*kicked by Pulaski, Richland's, and Ridgeview, the three good teams on their schedule. They didn't get beat. They got blasted. They are not a good team, period. No offense Abingdon. I still say the jury is out on Reed. I know some have said the Falcons have had major injuries and I respect and understand that, but I still smell a difference with Reed gone, which is exactly opposite to what some in the spin machine we're putting out when he left. Abingdon has NOT been the same team or program on the field since he left. Coincedence with injuries? Maybe, maybe so, but I suspect it might be the other way. I'm not sold Abingdon would have beat Richland's, Ridgeview and Union without the injuries. The margins of victories have not been exactly close. They have been absolute beat downs.

Reeds last team at Abingdon wasn't great they went 6-4 and were knocked out round 1.ย  Reed had excellentย  talentย  in sturgill and co., Abingdon hasn't had that since. Reeds talented players made him, not the other way around.ย  I also think Colobro was instrumentalย  in that teams success. They were written off last season when Reed left, and Amburgey produced a good season. He's a good coach, their talent isn't the same.ย 

8 minutes ago, Pioneer pride said:

Reeds last team at Abingdon wasn't great they went 6-4 and were knocked out round 1.ย  Reed had excellentย  talentย  in sturgill and co., Abingdon hasn't had that since. Reeds talented players made him, not the other way around.ย  I also think Colobro was instrumentalย  in that teams success. They were written off last season when Reed left, and Amburgey produced a good season. He's a good coach, their talent isn't the same.ย 

This. ย All of this.

2 hours ago, Hokie1Pokie said:

Nobody thought Central would sneak up and bite us but they did. I agree Union is a much better team and I hope they do win by three touchdowns. Just would like to see more urgency from Union. Kinda the way they played against Graham. No more playing flat.

As long as Union uses these 2 weeks to find viable RB replacements, and use them, for Lomax and Guerrant, the Bears win. Guerrant is a TOUGH kid, but it is obvious he's hurting every time he gets the ball. Maybe just use him on D only. Polier can't do it all when 11 guys are keying on him.

6 hours ago, UNION#ATW said:

Good evening UNION FANS...

I know few questions & answers has already went around on different topics...But since we played Abingdon tonight what are some things UNION doneย Good, Bad and Ugly??

And things we could improve going forward?

Not having key injuries would be a start. Lol. CJ played a tough gritty game last night!

19 minutes ago, Ol Dawg said:

Not having key injuries would be a start. Lol. CJ played a tough gritty game last night!

Yes Sir...I think the style of football UNION play's is showing wear and tear towards end of the year now...I feel we need to get all the bench we can get....I CAN SAY THAT THE WATERBOY HAD A REALLY GOOD GAME LAST NIGHT๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™Œ

47 minutes ago, UNION#ATW said:

Yes Sir...I think the style of football UNION play's is showing wear and tear towards end of the year now...I feel we need to get all the bench we can get....I CAN SAY THAT THE WATERBOY HAD A REALLY GOOD GAME LAST NIGHT๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™Œ

Agreed, we HAVE to get more players involved on offense. The bench is deep. I know they're young, but have to use them. NO choice. Otherwise, round 2 is the ceiling.ย