11/01/2019 Updates

Bulldog05

1 minute ago, cwood78 said:

Pikeville  making  just born pups out of wolfpack.  Geez  67- 28

I know Ridgeview didn't have their QB, but still...…..the results above are what happens when a passing team gets a lead on a running team and forces the running team into a scoring affair.  It also hints to me that Ridgeview may have some trouble covering speed in open space, as Pikeville loves to spread it out and throw it, and run out of wide formations.  

Timesland @Timesland

FOOTBALL -- Glenvar 42, Giles 21 -- Final. #timesland 

Timesland @Timesland
FOOTBALL -- Auburn 34, Hurley 14 -- Final. #timesland 

Timesland @Timesland
FOOTBALL -- Carroll County def. Alleghany 40-7, FINAL #timesland 

Tim Hayes Retweeted
 Alex Tabor @alextabor95
Virginia High (1-8) gets the monkey off their backs for their first win with a dominant 47-12 win over district rival Marion (3-6)

great state

Tim Hayes @Hayes_BHCSports

#VHSL Football, Final: Castlewood 44, Twin Valley 12 (Blue Devils clinch their first winning season since 2016). Via call-in. #HCFH

Brian Woodson @BHCWoodson
Tennessee High takes a nine game win streak into the postseason, defeating Sullivan South 42-7. #tssaa

great state

Very interesting night of football around the area from the updates. I’m might add it was rather pleasant attending a game where the refs did not interject themselves and flags weren’t flying every other play.  Congratulations, GMen. Marion on deck! 

1 hour ago, Beamerball said:

Twin Springs 35 Thomas Walker 13 -final

I know Twin Springs plays a very weak schedule but for them to get 5 wins is a big accomplishment.  Im  pretty sure this is only the 2nd year for the coaching staff.  Do they have a shot of making playoffs if they win next week?

1 hour ago, goose111874 said:

I know Twin Springs plays a very weak schedule but for them to get 5 wins is a big accomplishment.  Im  pretty sure this is only the 2nd year for the coaching staff.  Do they have a shot of making playoffs if they win next week?

I hear if they win they’re in. 

3 hours ago, BBHoops_18 said:

Don’t think Ridgeview is anything special. Sure Adkins is good but he can’t do it all. If they were to play Graham right now they’d get exposed.

Yup... and they better pray to God that Wise Central beats Richlands or we'll most likely get bounced in round 2 again.

4 hours ago, BigWinners said:

How did Paintsville hold Pikeville to seven points??

Because they're mirror images of each other. Paintsville had the athletes to cover Pikeville in space. We had the athletes to cover Paintsville. We just couldn't match up with those 300 lb cattle they had grazing on the field. 

On a side note the Tigers got crushed by Lexington Christian last night. 

10 hours ago, PioneerGirl said:

We keep getting everyone else’s rejects. If they’d look for a coach that hasn’t been fired, we might stand a chance. Akers has already coached one Wythe County team and ran off after 1 season. There will never be another Coach James. They should have fought to keep him. 

Tiller was a very good coach and had the program headed in the right direction following a year of the “program killer” Tom Hale. Tiller left Fort in an impossible position by leaving the program 2 weeks before the start of the season last year. 

I don’t believe Akers is the solution. But that’s not for me to decide.