11/01/2019 Updates

Bulldog05

11 hours ago, swvasportsnut said:

wonder why????

Not sure if you’re being facetious but.......James left for a bigger school in Pulaski. Very bad hire followed with Tom Hale. He mercifully left after a year. Excellent hire in Todd Tiller followed and Fort was headed in a positive direction. He left 2 weeks before the season began last year to be an assistant at Ridgeview. Which is his home area. Josh Wingate did an admirable job last season as the interim. Another questionable hire in Akers this season. 

2 hours ago, sixcat said:

Not sure if you’re being facetious but.......James left for a bigger school in Pulaski. Very bad hire followed with Tom Hale. He mercifully left after a year. Excellent hire in Todd Tiller followed and Fort was headed in a positive direction. He left 2 weeks before the season began last year to be an assistant at Ridgeview. Which is his home area. Josh Wingate did an admirable job last season as the interim. Another questionable hire in Akers this season. 

Where did wingate go?

On 11/1/2019 at 9:19 PM, PioneerGirl said:

We keep getting everyone else’s rejects. If they’d look for a coach that hasn’t been fired, we might stand a chance. Akers has already coached one Wythe County team and ran off after 1 season. There will never be another Coach James. They should have fought to keep him. 

Akers record at Rural Retreat 5-6 and 8-4, whether or not he is a good coach, problems at fort started when a certain principal making a bad hire in April of 2014. That was the start. The problem with that hire was also that it was hard to get anyone to coach for him. So you had to bring some assistants in that had to help that are still there and maybe shouldn’t be. I doubt that a coach that was just hired will be let go unless he wants to be gone. I will say again first game of the season on offense 4 sophomores starting on o-line, one junior and 3 wr’s that didn’t play football last year and still won. 8 players that didn’t play on varsity year before and jv has been pretty much non-existent since 2013. I think the principal now is trying to solve these issues. It was the 4th year before James started turning things around.

On 11/1/2019 at 9:19 PM, Hokie1Pokie said:

Refs picked up the flag.  Managed to stop the game, talked some, then picked the flag up.  Remarkable officiating in Radford.

Fumble Radford!  Floyd recovers the Radford 42.  Radford is in big trouble and in danger of losing the number 1 seed in Region C to Appo if Radford loses tonight.

That flag was for too many men on the field and it the film confirms it should have been enforced.  Floyd had more penalties than Radford and majority were late or blindside shots.  Need to start kicking kids and coaches off the field when that starts happening.  it was very bad.

In what I have witnessed this season it seems every time there is a big hit/great block away from the ball there is going to be a flag. It doesn't really matter about the legality of the hit.  

On 11/4/2019 at 9:57 AM, 50kw said:

In what I have witnessed this season it seems every time there is a big hit/great block away from the ball there is going to be a flag. It doesn't really matter about the legality of the hit.  

All the ones I saw on the video were flagged as they should have been but they were dirty plays and need to stop.  It's going to take someone getting hurt and then the VHSL and schools getting sued before it is stopped.