Vote for Mitchell Stadium

total

http://bit.ly/2pnKLrC

Mitchell Stadium has made it to the finals for the best high school stadium in America.  We've won over some big names, and big city's.  How cool would it be to be able to attach that title to our hometown. 
Would probably help bring the State Championship game to Mitchell.

Please go vote...  early and often...  as many times as your fingers can click

http://bit.ly/2pnKLrC

City of Bluefield might tear down the stadium if it wins...they can't stand prosperity. I'm still salty over the no tailgating thing they put in place. Literally thousands of people came into town for the game and tailgating. The whole area was buzzing for that weekend. Stores, restaurants, and bars were hopping. Now it's just another Friday. The stadium and parking lot where the tailgating took place were full. Now, the game seems to have more and more empty seats. City of Bluefield would ruin a wet dream...smh

30 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Vote, vote, vote! El Paso throwing shade at SWVA & WV speculating we’re using bots or voting machine and calling us inbreeds.  😂! I hope they’re really butt hurt come Monday afternoon! 

Where? I wanna see.

1 hour ago, BBHoops_18 said:

Where? I wanna see.

Saw it on Facebook Gerri-Lynn Johnston Moore , think she’s the one that runs Venture Printing in comment section of a post to vote.  It was a screenshot from El Paso group.  No clue how to get it on here , her post is public though

Yea it’s pretty funny if you go to the El Paso alumni page.  They been talking smack about Bluefield, the community, and the state.  I also saw them talking about how they only have 600 people at football games now.  They don’t know or understand the tradition and history here.  They are really dumbfounded by what’s going on.  No way could this little town beat them.  It’s pretty funny IMO

Interesting perspective on this. 

Played in Mitchell Stadium as a G-Man and have watched a few games in R.R. Jones.  The atmosphere at Mitchell before the City of Bluefield stepped in would compare to many college campus events, now the "fun police" have taken that away.  Not to say R.R. has anything to compare to that, just Mitchell has become a place to play a game.  R.R. Jones has an AWESOME view of downtown El Paso and over into Juarez Mexico - at night the place lights up and is magical.  The bad part is El Paso High has become a doormat in the overall picture of West Texas Football. 

So, I vote with my heart (more than once) and know the proud SWVA community will jump in and do the same!

They have a beautiful stadium for sure!  I like the way that old building is back there.  Would be cool if it’s a tradition for the team to come out the front doors and down the stairs to the stadium.  That would be a cool entrance.  I appreciate the history of their stadium as well.  Two worthy opponents in the finals.  

2 hours ago, total said:

They have a beautiful stadium for sure!  I like the way that old building is back there.  Would be cool if it’s a tradition for the team to come out the front doors and down the stairs to the stadium.  That would be a cool entrance.  I appreciate the history of their stadium as well.  Two worthy opponents in the finals.  

There stands on one side don't even go to the 50 and on the other to the 30...it's a baseball stadium with a football field in the middle!

3 minutes ago, mv91 said:

It is rather hilarious.  On the El Paso High School Alumni page on FB they just can't believe they are behind by so much.  By the way, you can make comments.  I did lol

I just pretended like I was from there in El Paso. I reminded them it's a Saturday night and that "we" are behind a quarter of a million votes, and voting is now a waste of time, and that Saturday nights are best for being at the "club."  This an attack on their psychy a little bit. It's kind of an attempt to discourage voters.