UNION vs JOHN BATTLE

UNION#ATW

Well y'all great SWVA fans...Whats everybody thinking for this game....Me personally I don't have nothing negative to say about JOHN BATTLE...All high school's have up and down years!!!

In my opinion if it don't hurt us in the points seating, I would like to see alot of new faces starting on offense and defense this week to get game time experience to see who can help us going into the playoffs..👍🙏 

I think we need a good 5 to 6 players to pull together and help in KEY POSITIONS where we have injuries at...Well if the game plan goes like this🤔...

UNION WINS 2-0....Like all year long the defense comes through with special play and gets a safety..

Perfect opportunity for Travis to work on putting in some wrinkles in that way too predictable offense. 43 needs some help. I expect a game but overwhelmed JSB bunch to struggle vs this Union defense 34-7 Bears

Battle will not go easy into the night, because they are gritty bunch. I still cant help but wonder if they had not had the season ending injuries to a few key players an another couple that just did not want to play any more just where they might be in the standings right now. I am glad for Central an Gate City this year an felt bad for Lee but feel much worse for my grandson #20, who had a season ending knee injury the 3rd game but still goes to the games an stands on the sidelines with the team an wishes he was playing. He is part of the heart of that Battle team so dont take them lightly Union or they might just replace Marion as that #8 team in the playoffs.

8 hours ago, grandpaw trojan said:

Battle will not go easy into the night, because they are gritty bunch. I still cant help but wonder if they had not had the season ending injuries to a few key players an another couple that just did not want to play any more just where they might be in the standings right now. I am glad for Central an Gate City this year an felt bad for Lee but feel much worse for my grandson #20, who had a season ending knee injury the 3rd game but still goes to the games an stands on the sidelines with the team an wishes he was playing. He is part of the heart of that Battle team so dont take them lightly Union or they might just replace Marion as that #8 team in the playoffs.

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29b74b5789aec95bd622

9 hours ago, grandpaw trojan said:

Even without the injuries I don't think they finish ahead of Central or even Gate City. Trojans may be a gritty bunch but Central and Gate City are tough squads as well. Battle will put up a fight against Union I can guarantee that and it may very well come down to the fourth quarter. You've picked a good time to be playing Union if they come across your schedule right now. Still going to go with Union winning this one which may be ugly something like 35-20.

Just looking at the weather forecast for Friday night's game....looking to be in the low 30s at 7pm kickoff...Sounds like it will be a great night to see and hear pads popping...      🌬💥🏈

I don't think the OP was implying that Union could rest its starters and still win. Just the opposite. I believe he was saying if it didn't mess with our seeding, we should get a lot of younger players some game reps at the risk of losing.

I'm sure the staff won't take Battle lightly. Just hoping they are able to work in some of the younger players while still putting on a good showing.

We will need some diversity to be competitive starting next week because every team we will play after Friday will have already seen us once. We won't sneak up on anyone twice.

On 11/3/2019 at 5:28 PM, UnionBears84 said:

Even without the injuries I don't think they finish ahead of Central or even Gate City. Trojans may be a gritty bunch but Central and Gate City are tough squads as well. Battle will put up a fight against Union I can guarantee that and it may very well come down to the fourth quarter. 

Agree that Battle does not finish ahead of Wise Central or Gate City with a healthy squad. They would probably finish with 4 wins instead of 2 and get blown out in the first round in the playoffs like they have the last 3 years. Disagree that this Friday will come down to the fourth quarter. Union should be up by 2 to 3 scores by the end of the first quarter. Ridgeview could have had a running clock by the middle of the second quarter at Battle. Union shouldn't have a problem...

I would love to both jenkis mix it up in the backfield some. Endround with younger brother. Also hope to work in payton hunnicutt in backfield some. Or line him up at end for a quick pass striaght on the numbers . Union has alot of young an talented up comers 2 to 3 years still to come . Even the young pnut groups has alot of talent and glad to say im pround to be apart of union football an my home town of bsg. 

On 11/5/2019 at 8:16 AM, Widespread_Panic said:

Agree that Battle does not finish ahead of Wise Central or Gate City with a healthy squad. They would probably finish with 4 wins instead of 2 and get blown out in the first round in the playoffs like they have the last 3 years. Disagree that this Friday will come down to the fourth quarter. Union should be up by 2 to 3 scores by the end of the first quarter. Ridgeview could have had a running clock by the middle of the second quarter at Battle. Union shouldn't have a problem...

You're right, THEY SHOULD be up by two or three scores by then but with as stagnant as we've been, who knows. Hoping they break out of their little offensive slump tonight! 

I thought the Battle QB had he had some help would be a dandy and #30 was a baller as well-just overwhelmed tonight. I'm extremely proud of this Union squad. 8-2 in a year when they were considered a rebuilding afterthought and a share of another M7 championship. Well done players as well as coaching staff.