Score Updates - Week 11 (11/7 & 8 - 2019)

tbgfan

7 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Realistic offers? And would TS or TW receive a pretty good gate hosting those teams? I'm sure that's a factor. 

I'm curious as I have no idea about those situations in Lee County and Nickelsville respectively.

I know of two.  One is very realistic; one is admittedly a bit of a hike; but both home-and-homes.

7 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

I just hate the parking at Appy but if u ask the kids they do want to play a game there so maybe play 1 game every 4 years so the Appalachia kids can play 1 game in their home town

I have no qualms with that If the kids wanna play there once in their careers. But yeah the parking is turrible lol.

Why just play 1 game every 4 years. We need to play more up there period. Appalachia is a part of Union but is the forgotten stepchild in my opinion plus you dont have to run for a seat up there. It's been 8 years and we still do every the Powell Valley way. Again just my opinion.

Miami Killian 6

Jensen Beach 3

Final in OT

Frank Gore Jr was the running back for Killian. He is headed to play for Joey Freshwater at FAU. Good game, but played in a monsoon during the 3rd quarter. You could barely see the other side of the field.

19 hours ago, UNION'S HAMMER said:

Why just play 1 game every 4 years. We need to play more up there period. Appalachia is a part of Union but is the forgotten stepchild in my opinion plus you dont have to run for a seat up there. It's been 8 years and we still do every the Powell Valley way. Again just my opinion.

I see no reason that they couldn't play one game a year there. Yes, the parking is awful, but that is something special seeing those players come down those steps. I'd like to see them make it happen.

On 11/8/2019 at 10:20 PM, BigWinners said:

Yeah PH will be resting starters by halftime. I was hating on TS in any way, just a shitty situation either way. 6-4 should be good enough to get in. We all harp on the TS's and TWs and their horrendous schedules but I would say they really struggle finding games. Bad locations and bad teams so an opposing team doesn't gain much from playing them.

I wouldn't hate Union dropping Letcher for a TW or TS, just because you'll probably get better points. I want Burton back, but if that won't happen, help out a little VA team instead of a KY team.

Twin Springs has tried to schedule Lebanon from what I heard and Lebanon wouldn't do it. That's a good game for both teams. Just about thirty minutes apart. They also tried to schedule Grundy but it fell through. 

18 hours ago, JDHoss said:

I see no reason that they couldn't play one game a year there. Yes, the parking is awful, but that is something special seeing those players come down those steps. I'd like to see them make it happen.

Yes, one game a year in my opinion. I'd love to see us play Gate City there one year and then a non district opponent the next. Not play Gate City there every year but one year they travel to us have the game at Appy, then two years later back at Bullitt, then so on. I think that would be really fun. 

On 11/8/2019 at 10:24 PM, goose111874 said:

From what I've heard we will be getting Burton back as long as they still have same coach next cycle

Heard the same thing, but the coaches wasn't the problem. Heard it was the principal and school board. It Eastside wasn't in Burton's Dist I don't think they would be playing either. Wise Co School Board wants nothing to do with Burton. And it sucks. Central or Union could atleast make a benefit game with them.

On 11/8/2019 at 8:18 PM, Union_Fan said:

Halftime Union 34 Battle 7

I think we should play Graham at Riggs, let the grass grow to about thigh high and let the Appalachia Fire dept practice their fire fighting skills on the field untill about 9 am game day, mud and guts , seemed to work a little last year at Marion

3 hours ago, jarhead24219 said:

I think we should play Graham at Riggs, let the grass grow to about thigh high and let the Appalachia Fire dept practice their fire fighting skills on the field untill about 9 am game day, mud and guts , seemed to work a little last year at Marion

Yes Yes and Yes it would be great.

5 hours ago, jarhead24219 said:

Marion last year was a glorified flooded cow pasture with unceasing rain to maintain the mudbathed field. You couldn't see the numbers of any of the players from either team. Gave new meaning to the song Slip Sliding Away. 😂  Heck, you couldn't walk to the restroom without water up to your ankles. I heard they took a power washer to the uniforms, lol.