Score Updates - Week 11 (11/7 & 8 - 2019)

tbgfan

32 minutes ago, Maynman said:

Twin Springs 34

Rye Cove 24

final

I thought this win with Honaker and Rural Retreat losing would get Twin Springs in playoffs but according to some their still gonna miss out at 6-4.  It's a shame too considering someone out east will probably get in at 0-10

2 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

I thought this win with Honaker and Rural Retreat losing would get Twin Springs in playoffs but according to some their still gonna miss out at 6-4.  It's a shame too considering someone out east will probably get in at 0-10

Well Honaker did win their district, I'd be pissed if I win my district and don't get in. Hard to penalize a team bc their district is trash, can't really help it.

1 minute ago, BigWinners said:

Well Honaker did win their district, I'd be pissed if I win my district and don't get in. Hard to penalize a team bc their district is trash, can't really help it.

Doesn't matter both would get massacred next week anyway.  For some reason I was just hoping Twin Springs would get in just because they've had a rough few years and seem to be getting better

Yeah PH will be resting starters by halftime. I was hating on TS in any way, just a shitty situation either way. 6-4 should be good enough to get in. We all harp on the TS's and TWs and their horrendous schedules but I would say they really struggle finding games. Bad locations and bad teams so an opposing team doesn't gain much from playing them.

I wouldn't hate Union dropping Letcher for a TW or TS, just because you'll probably get better points. I want Burton back, but if that won't happen, help out a little VA team instead of a KY team.

3 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Yeah PH will be resting starters by halftime. I was hating on TS in any way, just a shitty situation either way. 6-4 should be good enough to get in. We all harp on the TS's and TWs and their horrendous schedules but I would say they really struggle finding games. Bad locations and bad teams so an opposing team doesn't gain much from playing them.

I wouldn't hate Union dropping Letcher for a TW or TS, just because you'll probably get better points. I want Burton back, but if that won't happen, help out a little VA team instead of a KY team.

From what I've heard we will be getting Burton back as long as they still have same coach next cycle

1 minute ago, BigWinners said:

I’ll be the first to admit that their cupcake-laden schedules are partially unavoidable.  The Cumberland District has seldom been good aside from Burton, and that’s half the games.  There’s also some pitifully bad football in NETN and EKY with very little in terms of good.  But for goodness sakes, there are teams like Patrick Henry who are low-risk, high-reward games who historically have taken all comers.  Honaker is not prohibitively far.  Not saying to fill the whole schedule with lengthy bus rides, but it’s not 100% geography.

4 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

I’ll be the first to admit that their cupcake-laden schedules are partially unavoidable.  The Cumberland District has seldom been good aside from Burton, and that’s half the games.  There’s also some pitifully bad football in NETN and EKY with very little in terms of good.  But for goodness sakes, there are teams like Patrick Henry who are low-risk, high-reward games who historically have taken all comers.  Honaker is not prohibitively far.  Not saying to fill the whole schedule with lengthy bus rides, but it’s not 100% geography.

Agreed. I think geography and district play really hurts the Twin Springs of the world but I also believe they could sacrifice a little travel and play 1-2 quality opponents every season. If you schedule a team like a Union, you'll get a good gate when you host them and you'll benefit points wise as well as seeing your team against quality competition. I def understand that financially some teams just can't afford to make long trips if they aren't gonna benefit from a good gate when the teams travels to you, but surely some teams out there are willing to play home and home. 

Just now, BigWinners said:

Agreed. I think geography and district play really hurts the Twin Springs of the world but I also believe they could sacrifice a little travel and play 1-2 quality opponents every season. If you schedule a team like a Union, you'll get a good gate when you host them and you'll benefit points wise as well as seeing your team against quality competition. I def understand that financially some teams just can't afford to make long trips if they aren't gonna benefit from a good gate when the teams travels to you, but surely some teams out there are willing to play home and home. 

Multiple teams out there have made offers...

1 minute ago, goose111874 said:

Might be bad news for you i heard game will be played at Riggs.  I think u was the one who didn't like the games up there lol

Haha yup that's me. I'm not a fan, I think the Park is just a better venue for teams and fans both, but I understand why Appalachia folks want a game there. Financially you're better off at the Park, usually more turnout, but if Burton is cool with it, that's great. 

Just now, UVAObserver said:

Multiple teams out there have made offers...

Realistic offers? And would TS or TW receive a pretty good gate hosting those teams? I'm sure that's a factor. 

I'm curious as I have no idea about those situations in Lee County and Nickelsville respectively.

Just now, BigWinners said:

Haha yup that's me. I'm not a fan, I think the Park is just a better venue for teams and fans both, but I understand why Appalachia folks want a game there. Financially you're better off at the Park, usually more turnout, but if Burton is cool with it, that's great. 

I just hate the parking at Appy but if u ask the kids they do want to play a game there so maybe play 1 game every 4 years so the Appalachia kids can play 1 game in their home town