Richlands at central wise

#1BLUESFAN

I'm sure they won't,  but if Richlands underestimate Central,  they will lose.

It will come down to this. If Richlands' D can keep Central's backs within 3 yards of the LOS the Blues win. If Central consistently gets past that 3 yard mark it will be TD after TD. The Warriors are deceptively quick. Make no mistake about it, if those backs get to the 2nd level Richlands will not catch them. 

Stats garnered from Blues Twitter site and BHC newspaper

Richlands - total offense  539

WCC - total offense 452

Rushing:

Richlands 401

WCC  429

Passing:

Richlands  6-10 for 138 yds

WCC  2-6 for 23 yds

Scoring:

Richlands 

Webb - 3 rushing TD's for 183 yds

52 yd TD reception

Gillespie

25 yd rushing TD

W. Tarter

65 yd TD reception

Steele

1 yd rushing TD

Simmons 

1 yd QB keeper for TD

Forrest 

43 yd FG

8 XP 

WCC:

Bolling 

1 yd TD run (kicked failed)

3 yd TD run (Daniels XP)

Crabtree

38 yd TD run (2 point conversion -Brickey from Mullins)

Pratt

65 yd pick for a TD (Daniels kick)

Boggs

28 yd run for a TD (kicked failed)

Mullins

31 yd run for a TD (2 point conversion failed)

Peters 

69 yd run for a TD (Daniels kick)

If richlands can play like I know they can it won't surprise me a bit to see them upset central and whoever makes it to rd 2.i say upset because I'm. Sire3there gonna be a lower seed than anybody they face in the playoffs..unless there is a big up set

4 hours ago, UNION#ATW said:

I think this game will be alot closer than people think...CENTRAL comes to play and here lately they've been punching people in the mouth! 

Good luck to both teams!!

When you say closer than people think, are you referring to Central as the underdog? I'm not sure Central is the underdog by any means and I think most people overwhelmingly feel this game is going to be close.

Central has beat not one, but two teams that beat Richlands in Union and GC.  

One final thing about Richlands that I think many people might be making a mistake in favoring them.

Abingdon and Radford. It's pretty clear now that these two are not what many thought they would be. Abingdon is actually not very good and Radford, I told you guys at the beginning of the year was overrated. Yes, the 3 major injuries but even with them guys, this is a team last year that benefited from a weak Region C and not great Appo team and they made it to the semis and got clocked. They were about three plays last year from being a 7-3 team and this year, they got Hobbs back and still lost to Floyd.

What I'm getting at is, Richlands signature win over Radford and pretty good win over Abingdon doesn't look nearly as good as it did. If you look at the Graham game, it was a blowout, and the Union game, it wasn't a blowout but Union beat them by a score more lobsided as I think they've have had in that series since PV combined with Appy.  Richlands lost to GC in game 1 which is a 4-6 team. They played good against Bluefield but still lost. Added to this, Richlands name and history carries incredible weight (and it should), but I'm not sure. I think Central is going to win this game close.

1 hour ago, Hokie1Pokie said:

When you say closer than people think, are you referring to Central as the underdog? I'm not sure Central is the underdog by any means and I think most people overwhelmingly feel this game is going to be close.

Central has beat not one, but two teams that beat Richlands in Union and GC.  

I was saying from years past, alot of teams don't feel Central can compete with the better teams in 2A...

6 hours ago, Hokie1Pokie said:

One final thing about Richlands that I think many people might be making a mistake in favoring them.

Abingdon and Radford. It's pretty clear now that these two are not what many thought they would be. Abingdon is actually not very good and Radford, I told you guys at the beginning of the year was overrated. Yes, the 3 major injuries but even with them guys, this is a team last year that benefited from a weak Region C and not great Appo team and they made it to the semis and got clocked. They were about three plays last year from being a 7-3 team and this year, they got Hobbs back and still lost to Floyd.

What I'm getting at is, Richlands signature win over Radford and pretty good win over Abingdon doesn't look nearly as good as it did. If you look at the Graham game, it was a blowout, and the Union game, it wasn't a blowout but Union beat them by a score more lobsided as I think they've have had in that series since PV combined with Appy.  Richlands lost to GC in game 1 which is a 4-6 team. They played good against Bluefield but still lost. Added to this, Richlands name and history carries incredible weight (and it should), but I'm not sure. I think Central is going to win this

9 minutes ago, Valhalla said:
6 hours ago, Hokie1Pokie said:

What I'm getting at is, Richlands signature win over Radford and pretty good win over Abingdon doesn't look nearly as good as it did. If you look at the Graham game, it was a blowout, and the Union game, it wasn't a blowout but Union beat them by a score more lobsided as I think they've have had in that series since PV combined with Appy.  Richlands lost to GC in game 1 which is a 4-6 team. They played good against Bluefield but still lost. Added to this, Richlands name and history carries incredible weight (and it should), but I'm not sure. I think Central is going to win this

I think Central takes this one too. Richlands had three cake walks to end the season so I'm not sure where the much improved from the beginning of the season is coming from.

10 hours ago, Hokie1Pokie said:

What I'm getting at is, Richlands signature win over Radford and pretty good win over Abingdon doesn't look nearly as good as it did. If you look at the Graham game, it was a blowout, and the Union game, it wasn't a blowout but Union beat them by a score more lobsided as I think they've have had in that series since PV combined with Appy.  Richlands lost to GC in game 1 which is a 4-6 team. They played good against Bluefield but still lost. Added to this, Richlands name and history carries incredible weight (and it should), but I'm not sure. I think Central is going to win this game close.

Both teams have struggled and both teams have good wins. But it means nothing. Central barely beat a winless Va High team. Richlands struggled with Lebanon and lost to GC. Central got thumped by Abingdon and Richlands beat them pretty soundly. Its about matchups and i think these 2 teams matchup very well. Even though Radford lost to Floyd, thats a quality win for Richlands.  They still beat Gretna and Glenvar without those starters. Even though theyre not the team a lot thought they were. Im looking for a close game but wouldnt surprise me if either teams pulls ahead at the end and wins by more than 2 TDs. I just hate watching a game there. You're so far away from the field you feel disconnected from the action. It'll be important for both teams to keep penalties in check and not get behind the chains. I feel it will be a 31-28 type score. Flip a coin for the winner. Go Blues!

18 hours ago, Hokie1Pokie said:

What quality will does Graham have

The area that's overlooked is what Central does on first down. If they can get 5-6 yards on first down on a consistent basis, they're going to be hard to stop. Thats exactly what they done against Union and we couldn't get off the field on those third and 2, third and 3's. Central also hit us for a 60 yard touchdown on third and 30 or third and 40  after a couple sacks and penalties but poor tackling on the part of Union on that play. Richlands will have to contain that three headed monster they have in the backfield. Those backs are quick and physical. They pull those quick little guards and hit your backers right in the mouth every single play. I think Richlands wins a close one but I will not be shocked at all to see Central win.