Richlands at central wise

#1BLUESFAN

5 hours ago, BLUEMAG911 said:

having 8 in the backfield would be okay because that would leave 3 men to cover all of the receivers.

I meant on offense. Central consistently had their OL slightly off the LOS to facilitate all their pulling.

It's playoff time and Mance will have the Blues ready to play.  Last year most everyone thought it was a no brainer and the Blues would loose in the first round, that didn't happen.  Central is a good team, but with Mance at the helm, Richlands has always been a tough out in the playoffs.  Don't think they will blow Central out by any means, it'll be close, but Mance and the Blues will move into the second round.  I'm going with Blues 31-- Central 28.

2 hours ago, jonah58 said:

Are you saying that is no allowed by the rules?

It's called and illegal formation when you have less than 7 players on the line of scrimmage. As long as you have 6 players lined up past the centers waste line you are legal.  

1 hour ago, Valhalla said:

It's called and illegal formation when you have less than 7 players on the line of scrimmage. As long as you have 6 players lined up past the centers waste line you are legal.  

Yes the helmet of the offensive player must be at the waist line of the center.... I'm just wondering if he was saying we were in an illegal formation.

25 minutes ago, jonah58 said:

Yes the helmet of the offensive player must be at the waist line of the center.... I'm just wondering if he was saying we were in an illegal formation.

Hard to say, should be an easy call for a ref to make though.......

27 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Hard to say, should be an easy call for a ref to make though.......

Wing T teams take advantage of the vertical split rule for the very reason mentioned, the pulling of linemen, but 8 men in the backfield wouldn't help anyone.

I’m wondering  if Webb at rb ( 14 carries, Friday night  ) , when he usually gets 3 to 4  carries out of the rb spot  , was to give Steele a much needed rest going into the playoffs or if it was to find ways to get him more touches . Either , way it makes things a little more interesting offensively for the blues, and adds a little more game planning for the opponent  

3 hours ago, jonah58 said:

Did I say anything about illegal formations? I just said I wondered if Mance would raise the issue about Wise having too many men in the backfield. If an official isn't on top of it and the OL manage a step back, it's basically a wedge. 

3 hours ago, Tiger 2000 said:

I’m wondering  if Webb at rb ( 14 carries, Friday night  ) , when he usually gets 3 to 4  carries out of the rb spot  , was to give Steele a much needed rest going into the playoffs or if it was to find ways to get him more touches . Either , way it makes things a little more interesting offensively for the blues, and adds a little more game planning for the opponent  

There is a scripture that says "if one can put a thousand to flight, two can put ten thousand to flight".  

I think Coach did it to give dimension and strengthen the running game.  They are both different runners.  Webb is a finesse runner with speed, Steele is more of a "up the gut" runner.  Either way, I think it bodes well for the "new season".  Also, it takes pressure off of Simmons to settle down in the pocket,  and  be accurate in finding his open receivers.  

3 hours ago, BigWinners said:

Did I say anything about illegal formations? I just said I wondered if Mance would raise the issue about Wise having too many men in the backfield. If an official isn't on top of it and the OL manage a step back, it's basically a wedge. 

Yeah that's why I asked,  I was wondering what your angle was. I know there was twice that it was called and penalized, and one of those was a pretty good run. I'm not sure what you mean by wedge? Do you mean a running start or wedge play?

2 hours ago, tbgfan said:

There is a scripture that says "if one can put a thousand to flight, two can put ten thousand to flight".  

I think Coach did it to give dimension and strengthen the running game.  They are both different runners.  Webb is a finesse runner with speed, Steele is more of a "up the gut" runner.  Either way, I think it bodes well for the "new season".  Also, it takes pressure off of Simmons to settle down in the pocket,  and  be accurate in finding his open receivers.  

I agree. Webb is a true slot receiver. And flips field position in the return game.   If he can force wise central into bad kicks / punts by trying to avoid him and  Levi doing the kicking for the blues it should definitely help with field position.   Steele looked good in his few carries the other night.  Hope the D shows up  Friday.  Simmons hasn’t had to run much the past few weeks and I look for him to do some damage with his legs.   

Richlands has proven year after year no matter what there record is in regular season, when it comes to playoffs they are very hard to handle . I think richlands will pull away after half and win by 3td . Warriors has taken a step forward in there program over the last couple years but when it comes to playing the top teams in 2a in playoffs dont see warriors able to beat a richlands team 

3 hours ago, jonah58 said:

Yeah that's why I asked,  I was wondering what your angle was. I know there was twice that it was called and penalized, and one of those was a pretty good run. I'm not sure what you mean by wedge? Do you mean a running start or wedge play?

I was saying if the OL aren't close enough to the LOS, it resembles a wedge more so than the standard straight line OL. 

I’m favoring Central in this matchup. I do believe it’s gonna be a game to go watch. Go Luck to both. Another thing, is regardless of who wins I believe Ridgeview is gonna lay it on whoever they play rather it be Richlands or Central. 

1 hour ago, Bulldog05 said:

I’m favoring Central in this matchup. I do believe it’s gonna be a game to go watch. Go Luck to both. Another thing, is regardless of who wins I believe Ridgeview is gonna lay it on whoever they play rather it be Richlands or Central. 

I don't think we will against either of them... for reasons I have already mentioned in other threads.

Wise is a scary team in my opinion.  They have the potential to make a run deep into the playoffs but I can see them losing this week as well.  Their speed is no joke so I feel like they will be able to match up with Richlands.  I’ll still say Richlands pulls out the W but it will be a close game.  

This may be better for wise anyways because I see them making a run in basketball, as long as they stay healthy.

5 hours ago, Bulldog05 said:

didnt we see the same thing said about grayson county and ridgeview against richlands last year. we all know how that turned out.

On 11/11/2019 at 8:25 PM, Swestfb_strong said:

Richlands has proven year after year no matter what there record is in regular season, when it comes to playoffs they are very hard to handle . I think richlands will pull away after half and win by 3td . Warriors has taken a step forward in there program over the last couple years but when it comes to playing the top teams in 2a in playoffs dont see warriors able to beat a richlands team 

Interesting fact for this season Richlands is 2-3 vs teams with winning records this season and have not beaten a team with more than 3 wins on the season since in over a month.

Central is 1-1 vs teams vs teams with winning records they are however did knock off GC at GC 2 weeks ago

IMHO Richlands has faced very sketchy competition the last 2 weeks of there season and may struggle to adjust to a better quality of team. 

Central has seen better teams there last 2 games but no one that can prepare them for a passing attack that Richlands brings to the table. How quickly Central can adjust to what Richlands likes to do could be the difference in the game

2 hours ago, Counts said:

Interesting fact for this season Richlands is 2-3 vs teams with winning records this season and have not beaten a team with more than 3 wins on the season since in over a month.

Central is 1-1 vs teams vs teams with winning records they are however did knock off GC at GC 2 weeks ago

IMHO Richlands has faced very sketchy competition the last 2 weeks of there season and may struggle to adjust to a better quality of team. 

Central has seen better teams there last 2 games but no one that can prepare them for a passing attack that Richlands brings to the table. How quickly Central can adjust to what Richlands likes to do could be the difference in the game

I think if Richlands and GC played last week, Richlands wins. That was game 1 with a new QB and new pieces all over the place. GC got Richlands at the perfect time in that one.