Richlands at central wise

#1BLUESFAN

On 11/16/2019 at 3:58 AM, #1BLUESFAN said:

Yea ...But they still beat the piss out of the Dawgs.....one thing about it the dawgs season lasted longer than the Blues..well 1 day longer.....cant wait till August..

I usually agree with most of your comments but this one not so much. I think I’ve missed about the same amount of games since 2003.   This years team went 6-4 in the regular season.   The only game the blues lost that they had to play in the regular season was graham.  It would be easy to fill a schedule  minus bluefield , Abingdon Radford  , union , gate city , as your non district games. You could finish the season at 9-1 and get a soft first round game.  Then maybe win the next round.  Then people outside the program don’t realize that you actually are not that good.  This years team and last years team were 6-4 teams.   Last years team made it at least 1  round   Further than they should have. This years team probably made it 1 less round than they should have.  

Simmons played well.   Cox came in several times early in the season and looked awful.  Just wasn’t ready. His feet were not ready. Tuned the gate  city game around in a hurry.  I said it earlier and will again.  No skill players other than Webb.    No Lbs  other than Absher. Steele ran hard this season. . Some of the other wr caught a few balls but needed to be capable of scoring or winning 1 v1 matchups consistently.  The Altizer injury hurt the blues tremendously.    This was a 6-4 team that could have maybe won another game or 2 but could have also lost 2 more in the regular season.  Simmons played good. Exceeded expectations.  Doesn’t make him the best qb around.  Not trying to make that argument,  But was gritty in wins over Abingdon , Radford , tazewell , etc.  The blues will be starring at another 6-4 season unless the get some skill players fast.   I think cox will be a player next year If he works on his feet. His arm is great.  Needs months of feetwork.  If he does, it  will add a dimension next season that the blues lacked. I would love to see Webb back 10 lbs heavier and Steele 10 lbs.   They say both of them are tireless workers in the offseason. if they all buy in and develop a couple lbs they can exceed expectations.  I’m disappointed with  the lack of toughness from the blues this year and last but saw some flashes with some of the younger players at times this year. 
I can’t wait till August . Good luck to all the area teams in the playoffs  this year. and hopefully  the blues will be right back in the thick of things at this time next year.  

4 hours ago, Tiger 2000 said:

I usually agree with most of your comments but this one not so much. I think I’ve missed about the same amount of games since 2003.   This years team went 6-4 in the regular season.   The only game the blues lost that they had to play in the regular season was graham.  It would be easy to fill a schedule  minus bluefield , Abingdon Radford  , union , gate city , as your non district games. You could finish the season at 9-1 and get a soft first round game.  Then maybe win the next round.  Then people outside the program don’t realize that you actually are not that good.  This years team and last years team were 6-4 teams.   Last years team made it at least 1  round   Further than they should have. This years team probably made it 1 less round than they should have.  

Simmons played well.   Cox came in several times early in the season and looked awful.  Just wasn’t ready. His feet were not ready. Tuned the gate  city game around in a hurry.  I said it earlier and will again.  No skill players other than Webb.    No Lbs  other than Absher. Steele ran hard this season. . Some of the other wr caught a few balls but needed to be capable of scoring or winning 1 v1 matchups consistently.  The Altizer injury hurt the blues tremendously.    This was a 6-4 team that could have maybe won another game or 2 but could have also lost 2 more in the regular season.  Simmons played good. Exceeded expectations.  Doesn’t make him the best qb around.  Not trying to make that argument,  But was gritty in wins over Abingdon , Radford , tazewell , etc.  The blues will be starring at another 6-4 season unless the get some skill players fast.   I think cox will be a player next year If he works on his feet. His arm is great.  Needs months of feetwork.  If he does, it  will add a dimension next season that the blues lacked. I would love to see Webb back 10 lbs heavier and Steele 10 lbs.   They say both of them are tireless workers in the offseason. if they all buy in and develop a couple lbs they can exceed expectations.  I’m disappointed with  the lack of toughness from the blues this year and last but saw some flashes with some of the younger players at times this year. 
I can’t wait till August . Good luck to all the area teams in the playoffs  this year. and hopefully  the blues will be right back in the thick of things at this time next year.  

Spot on. Nailed it. 

On 11/16/2019 at 3:17 AM, Bulldog05 said:

Looks like it ain’t gonna be like last year period. Lol

didnt say they would win. I just reminded everyone how richlands was wrote off last year. however it was still a successful season and would have been successful if we only had one win as long as the one win was over the bull pups.

11 hours ago, Tiger 2000 said:

Am i the only one that sees it or maybe im just dumb. But ill state my opinion for the 4th time. Steele is not a RB. Yeh he made a few nice runs getting to the edge and maybe some big holes up the middle but he runs too high. Doesnt get low at all. You see him stuffed at the line for losses so many times cuz he hits the hole standing straight up instead of lowering his pads and maybe picking up a couple yards. He did get a little better as the season went on but I believe he would make a better receiver with his speed and size and maybe take some double teams off Webb. Or maybe he'll come back next year a totally different running back.