Tazewell @ Graham Part 2

Mountain Football

I would think it won’t be the blowout that it was during regular season but both teams seemed to have approved a lot especially Graham defense. They have so many options on offense. On the other hand, Tazewell was dealt a hard hand with so many injuries but they rose to the occasion and did really well in my opinion in spite of losing some key players. Best of luck to both but I’m obviously pulling for the GMen! 

46 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

I would think it won’t be the blowout that it was during regular season but both teams seemed to have approved a lot especially Graham defense. They have so many options on offense. On the other hand, Tazewell was dealt a hard hand with so many injuries but they rose to the occasion and did really well in my opinion in spite of losing some key players. Best of luck to both but I’m obviously pulling for the GMen! 

Go G-Men!

#grahampride 

No offense to my fellow comrades in the county, but this game will be in my opinion, as bad as game 1. Graham is absolutely on fire right now. 

Two things have happened for Graham that makes them dangerous. The interior of the OL looks 100 percent Different than the beginning of the season and Graham can now run between the tackles. The interior OL has grown up and they are now, very good.

The second thing is Graham interior Defensive Line has grown up and looks way different. Graham can be beat of course, but for a 2A team, they are now very good on every unit and has no significant weaknesses. They will be very very tough to beat for any 2A team if they remain healthy.

Graham's D was on top of the qb seemingly as soon as the ball was snapped.  They will have to come up with something to get the ball out of the QB's hands a lot quicker than those long, drawn out plays like the last time.  Graham wins, hopefully Tazewell makes a game of it for a while. Dogs have been devastated by injury, but even at full-strength, the G-Men would win this convincingly.

As of everyone else, I’m happy to see Tazewell stay strong throughout all of the Ls, including loss of key players. Them boys fought hard and stepped up when they needed to the most. As of the Graham/Tazewell RD. 2. Graham will roll and I believe they’ll wind up where they were last year. Congratulations on both teams, and Go Dawgs! When the dawgs go down, I’ll be a GMen fan!

12 hours ago, Bulldogs52 said:

I don’t expect Tazewell to win this game, but I feel this is  a statement game for them to gauge the improvement throughout the season and preparing for next season.. just hope the dogs put up a good effort!!! Go Dawgs!!!!

Nothing is impossible. Give it all you got Bulldogs

19 hours ago, Westisthebest said:

Nothing is impossible. Give it all you got Bulldogs

Don’t get me wrong, I’ll be there rooting on my Bulldogs as long as I’m not dragging a big one out of the woods. But you’re right!!!!

On 11/10/2019 at 1:49 PM, ghs73 said:

Sounds like you do not want to face Graham again

Couldn't care less. Richlands more than likely doesn't make it that far. But i always pull for the underdog unless its a local team vs non local team. Would just like fir it to be a good game.

I believe with no doubt in my mind that Graham will go to state again. They’re a phenomenal team, and I just don’t see anyone beating them again. Again as in Union also. Graham is a solid powerhouse and will be tough to beat now. 

On 11/11/2019 at 2:39 PM, Westisthebest said:

Couldn't care less. Richlands more than likely doesn't make it that far. But i always pull for the underdog unless its a local team vs non local team. Would just like fir it to be a good game.

Same here. I root for Tazewell and Richland's every game unless playing Graham and Bluefield. Bluefield High is my most hated team (I mean that), but only for game one when playing Graham. After the Graham game, they become almost like Graham to me and I root for them every game, regardless of the stadium announcer nudging and influencing the officials with the passive-aggressive sarcasm to make calls go in favor of the Beavers.

Graham is 2-2 vs teams with winning records this season But has only faces 1 team with a winning record since the end of September but they have a convincing win over Tazwell in an early season game

Tazwell is 0-3 vs teams with winning records but has not seen a team with a winning record in the last 3 weeks 

This is a good warm up for Graham who needs to knock the rust off as the games get tougher....Wish I had something positive for Tazwell but in there 3 games vs teams with winning records they have scored a TOTAL of 7 points. which could be the only state I need to see in this one

Wish Tazewell could have stayed healthy. To finish with 7 wins and have to wade through all the injuries they did is pretty impressive. Hopefully they return a majority of their kids and can be competitive against next season. I think Graham wins this one. They're hot right now. Going to be a tough out for anybody.

15 hours ago, UnionBears84 said:

Wish Tazewell could have stayed healthy. To finish with 7 wins and have to wade through all the injuries they did is pretty impressive. Hopefully they return a majority of their kids and can be competitive against next season. I think Graham wins this one. They're hot right now. Going to be a tough out for anybody.

Presuming that healing goes on schedule, Tazewell returns 19 starters next season.  

6 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

Presuming that healing goes on schedule, Tazewell returns 19 starters next season.  

That's a bunch of starters for sure. Tazewell will beat Graham next year. I had them at 7-3 this year with losses to Bluefield, Graham, and Richland's. Next year, I got em at 8-2. Only one dudes pure guess though.

1 hour ago, Hokie1Pokie said:

That's a bunch of starters for sure. Tazewell will beat Graham next year. I had them at 7-3 this year with losses to Bluefield, Graham, and Richland's. Next year, I got em at 8-2. Only one dudes pure guess though.

Does Graham have alot of seniors this season, I thought someone mentioned they were young.

Yep, Graham is a 6-4 team next year. There's a chance they could be 5-5. I will say 5-5 at worst and 7-3 at best. But.........there is hope. Absolutely loaded from 2021 through at least 2023 and state championship POTENTIAL good in 2021 and 2022.