Tazewell @ Graham Part 2

Mountain Football

8 minutes ago, Hokie1Pokie said:

Yep, Graham is a 6-4 team next year. There's a chance they could be 5-5. I will say 5-5 at worst and 7-3 at best. But.........there is hope. Absolutely loaded from 2021 through at least 2023 and state championship POTENTIAL good in 2021 and 2022. 

I think they will still be tough next season. 

5 minutes ago, UnionBears84 said:

Wow. Thats awesome. Dogs may make some noise next year. 

2020 is the year that the program has been building toward, it appears.  Though the injuries were brutal, it gave a great opportunity to find some diamonds in the rough to provide better positional flexibility and depth.  Using the adversity right, as one particular coach I love would say.

21 minutes ago, Hokie1Pokie said:

Yep, Graham is a 6-4 team next year. There's a chance they could be 5-5. I will say 5-5 at worst and 7-3 at best. But.........there is hope. Absolutely loaded from 2021 through at least 2023 and state championship POTENTIAL good in 2021 and 2022. 

no chance they win state 21-23.

1 hour ago, footballfanatic said:

no chance they win state 21-23.

Dear God bro. I even capitalized the word potential so my statement wouldn't be taken as me saying they "will" win the title in 21,22, and 23, lol. And still, you just couldn't contain yourself. Read the post again....I take that back, read the post for the first time and look up the word potential in the dictionary. Graham in 2021,22, and maybe 23 will be talented enough as in, having the potential to win a title. That's not saying they will. They may be 5-5 all three years, but the talent will be there.

1 hour ago, UnionBears84 said:

I think they will still be tough next season. 

No doubt, they will be tough and still a good football team at the 2A level, but they won't have the talent to compete for a state title. Richland's, Bluefield, and Union, and Tazewell will be favored over Graham, if there is such a thing as "favorites". Well, Calpreps matchups could be used. Giles figures to be better next year and that's a game Graham could potentially lose.

There is just one thing though. Graham likely has not just 2 Div 1 athletes this year in Lester and Meadows, but it's overwhelmingly likely the Bradshaw/Turner kid who is a sophomore this year will be Div 1. He will be a major problem next year for opponents. He's a problem this year, but will be insanely dangerous next year.

37 minutes ago, Hokie1Pokie said:

No doubt, they will be tough and still a good football team at the 2A level, but they won't have the talent to compete for a state title. Richland's, Bluefield, and Union, and Tazewell will be favored over Graham, if there is such a thing as "favorites". Well, Calpreps matchups could be used. Giles figures to be better next year and that's a game Graham could potentially lose.

There is just one thing though. Graham likely has not just 2 Div 1 athletes this year in Lester and Meadows, but it's overwhelmingly likely the Bradshaw/Turner kid who is a sophomore this year will be Div 1. He will be a major problem next year for opponents. He's a problem this year, but will be insanely dangerous next year.

I agree about Bradshaw.  He seems to be getting better and more dangerous each week.  He has great speed, can turn on a dime and has great hands. I look forward to watching him.  If Blevins is the QB, he will have somebody who can toss the rock to him also.  Graham's strength program is one of the best around, some of those kids on the bench may surprise us next season with their progress in the offseason.

52 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Kinda surprised he left then, the way it's set up, his senior year could have been special at Tazwell.

I'm a Tazewell fan and I think Tazewell will be a good team next year, but I don't know if they can take that next step.  They are going to have to learn how to work hard and play hard consistently.  A couple of the seniors next year will have to step up and take charge and work their butts off and set an example for the others.  I would love to see it happen, but they have a lot of work to do to get to the level of Graham or Union, etc...  

1 hour ago, BigWinners said:

Kinda surprised he left then, the way it's set up, his senior year could have been special at Tazwell.

Why would you stick around for one special year when you can have multiple special years?!?!!  Those who say Graham will be down next year need to look at that roster twice.  Blevins is a strong QB, Turner, Blevins, Z. Dales, Meadows, etc.  Graham will be the SWD front runners through at least 2023.

2 hours ago, Hard nosed said:

Why would you stick around for one special year when you can have multiple special years?!?!!  Those who say Graham will be down next year need to look at that roster twice.  Blevins is a strong QB, Turner, Blevins, Z. Dales, Meadows, etc.  Graham will be the SWD front runners through at least 2023.

Would be floored if all the players you listed are on Graham’s roster in August...

@CzarYakovI think most if not all Graham folks on here have said one game at a time. Nothing is a given in the playoffs. I don’t think the players or coaches are focused on anything but Tazewell for the 14 or 15 hours. One thing is certain Tazewell or Graham will be traveling to BSG next week, other than that, nothing has been determined until around 3pm tomorrow afternoon. With that said, go GMen!  

3 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

@CzarYakovI think most if not all Graham folks on here have said one game at a time. Nothing is a given in the playoffs. I don’t think the players or coaches are focused on anything but Tazewell for the 14 or 15 hours. One thing is certain Tazewell or Graham will be traveling to BSG next week, other than that, nothing has been determined until around 3pm tomorrow afternoon. With that said, go GMen!  

Well said!