Score Updates 1st Round Playoffs (11/15-16/19)

tbgfan

5 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

It looked like the Union defenders ran into each other or just fell, but it was inexcusable to let GC drive down the field and score there. Such a huge play.

Yeah we've had a problem closing out halfs and usually play bad second half after giving up late TDs.  Unions also gonna have to stop letting 240 pound linebackers cover wide receivers.  Gate City missed couple wide open TDs tonight.

46 minutes ago, Westisthebest said:

Ive got Union winning it all. Dont know about their injuries but when i saw them in the Richlands game i seen the pieces they had to do it. Thought they should've used Jenkins on offense more. Kid is an athlete and game changer. But its been a crazy year. Now that Richlands is out im pulling for all of SWVA. But seems like the most consistent team has been Graham. Id say it'll be Graham or Union coming out of our Region.

Union is simply not the same team since the injuries and there is underused talent everywhere. Not really sure what happens next with them.

3 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

Cool, I wasn't sure because the distance, i know it's the traveling teams decision at a certain distance.

Why was it on Saturday last year then? Just curious if it’s Union’s choice, why would they do Friday if they picked Saturday last year? 

1 minute ago, Gridiron60 said:

Why was it on Saturday last year then? Just curious if it’s Union’s choice, why would they do Friday if they picked Saturday last year? 

Not really sure one year we played Friday and 2 years saturday.  I really don't know the distance involved before the visitors decide.

3 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

Yeah we've had a problem closing out halfs and usually play bad second half after giving up late TDs.  Unions also gonna have to stop letting 240 pound linebackers cover wide receivers.  Gate City missed couple wide open TDs tonight.

THANK YOU! I'm glad I'm not the only person frustrated to see a kid constantly be put in a position to fail, trying to cover much faster slot receivers. It's not fair to ask a kid to do something he simply isn't capable of doing bc of a speed disadvantage.

3 minutes ago, jarhead24219 said:

Central is the most dangerous team in the playoffs, The Wolfpack better be ready. Yes the GMen are expected to win the region, but this is the only team in region team that beat Union

I hope both games aren't same day in 2D but they will be.

2 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

THANK YOU! I'm glad I'm not the only person frustrated to see a kid constantly be put in a position to fail, trying to cover much faster slot receivers. It's not fair to ask a kid to do something he simply isn't capable of doing bc of a speed disadvantage.

Yeah I wasn't gonna call him out by name but yeah he's being put in bad spots.  Ray Lewis was a great linebacker but he's not covering Randy Moss

1 minute ago, goose111874 said:

Yeah I wasn't gonna call him out by name but yeah he's being put in bad spots.  Ray Lewis was a great linebacker but he's not covering Randy Moss

He is tough as nails and has given everything to that team, I'm not disparaging him whatsoever. He's a great kid and a valuable asset on the field. He's a heart and soul guy. But that's an excellent analogy. Luke Keuchely isn't capable of covering Julio Jones and no one could be mad at him not being able to do it. 

That secondary for Union is going to have to tighten up. They've had some take aways but they're giving up way too many big plays. There were three of four times tonight when Reed just threw the ball up and a gate city receiver came down with it. If i'm that defensive coordinator and secondaries coach, I would be ashamed of they way they had the boys prepared. 

Ridgeview/Central could easily be played on Friday, the travel is very little. Union/Graham is a longer distance and I could see Graham really asking for a Saturday start, but RV/Wise is almost assuredly on Friday. 

Has Union/Graham playoff game ever been on a Friday? I know the 2015, 2017 and 2018 were all Saturday games.

3 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Ridgeview/Central could easily be played on Friday, the travel is very little. Union/Graham is a longer distance and I could see Graham really asking for a Saturday start, but RV/Wise is almost assuredly on Friday. 

Has Union/Graham playoff game ever been on a Friday? I know the 2015, 2017 and 2018 were all Saturday games.

2015 was on a Friday night against Graham and 2017 was for the region title thats why it was on Saturday. And to the point of travel and time we went up there earlier this season.

1 hour ago, UNION'S HAMMER said:

2015 was on a Friday night against Graham and 2017 was for the region title thats why it was on Saturday. And to the point of travel and time we went up there earlier this season.

I thought 2015 was a day game, but I couldn't remember. Regular season and playoffs are a different animal, especially at Graham. The games have to be played on a Friday when it's scheduled like that bc Bluefield has a say in when Graham can play. 

I was told by someone who would know that it would be Friday night. But, if Graham raises a stink, Union may concede and play Saturday.

4 hours ago, rjhall71 said:

You can disagree all you want but it's been stated on this board before that he had goals he wanted to achieve and the coaching staff was letting him try and achieve them when most would have pulled him to protect his health and the teams ability to make a run deep in the playoffs. 

21 carries the last two games... total

7 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

21 carries the last two games... total

It has nothing to do with total carries lets say the team is up by 5 TD's and he has 8 carries for 250 yards and 4 TD's why would you want to take a chance for an injury by running him anymore with the game in hand? 

10 hours ago, BigWinners said:

I thought 2015 was a day game, but I couldn't remember. Regular season and playoffs are a different animal, especially at Graham. The games have to be played on a Friday when it's scheduled like that bc Bluefield has a say in when Graham can play. 

I was told by someone who would know that it would be Friday night. But, if Graham raises a stink, Union may concede and play Saturday.

Travis likes Friday’s , we played Friday there soooooo, it’s Friday here, I would bet