4 Timeouts for GC?

Burrall’s Pearls

Can someone explain to me what happened at the end of the first half? GC was out of timeouts and the play clock was at zero and they didn’t back them up 5 yards on the pat? 

it ended up not making a difference because Union won but that shorter extra point could have been big. GC didn’t make another one all night long. 

27 minutes ago, Hokie101 said:

We had 1 left and used it after the TD.  Our kicker is our qb and he changes his shoe to kick, which takes a lot of seconds.  

Nope nope nope, I was at the goal line and the clock showed -0- timeouts and the head white hat told Houseright that he didn’t have anymore time outs left, he ran Houseright off the field , then reset the play clock....no penalty????we were all over the refs , but no call, another thing was when Gate City pulled their linemen they lined up in the backfield?????

I don’t remember if it was the first half or second but Union called timeout and one of the line judges pointed toward GC so the ref motioned it that way too but after he did that the back judge came in to clarify that it was Union who called the timeout.  That may have been why the scoreboard showed GC was out of timeouts.  Union called it near the end zone where the scoreboard was so I’m pretty sure it was the 1st quarter.

If you heard the ref say that though then I don’t know what happened and if that’s the case we got lucky.  I feel like our best chance was to try for the 2 points after we missed the first xp. anyways.  It takes so much time to change out the shoe and we end up rushing the kick.

20 hours ago, jarhead24219 said:

Nope nope nope, I was at the goal line and the clock showed -0- timeouts and the head white hat told Houseright that he didn’t have anymore time outs left, he ran Houseright off the field , then reset the play clock....no penalty????we were all over the refs , but no call, another thing was when Gate City pulled their linemen they lined up in the backfield?????

That’s the least the refs could do for gc after the stuff I seen 😂😂 

7 hours ago, BigWinners said:

lol that's hilarious. How many penalties for Union compared to GC? Don't believe GC fans can claim the officials were out to get them by any stretch.

Don't worry biggun. Bob wears vanilla perfume while hunting. He gets confused about a lot of things. lol

1 hour ago, Bullybob12 said:

I might wear vanilla but I know what a horse collar is 😂😂

I believe I know what play you're referencing and it really wasn't a horse collar tackle man. I had a good angle on it and the player was slung down by his jersey, not taken down from the back. If we had film, it's pretty easy to see why it wasn't called. But if you didn't have a clear view I can see why someone would question it.

21 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

I believe I know what play you're referencing and it really wasn't a horse collar tackle man. I had a good angle on it and the player was slung down by his jersey, not taken down from the back. If we had film, it's pretty easy to see why it wasn't called. But if you didn't have a clear view I can see why someone would question it.

4th quarter gc 4&7 that was a horse collar I had a good angle as well but it’s done and over with but that’s the bullit park magic it happened back then and it happens now 

4 hours ago, Bullybob12 said:

4th quarter gc 4&7 that was a horse collar I had a good angle as well but it’s done and over with but that’s the bullit park magic it happened back then and it happens now 

I promise you, it was not. You are wrong man. He purposefully made the adjustment to not get a horse collar call. He was slung down but not by the back. It was correctly called.

that's hilarious coming from a GC fan, bc opposing teams always get a fair shake over there right?

8 hours ago, Bullybob12 said:

Sounds like we have a sore loser 

7 hours ago, BigWinners said:

I promise you, it was not. You are wrong man. He purposefully made the adjustment to not get a horse collar call. He was slung down but not by the back. It was correctly called.

that's hilarious coming from a GC fan, bc opposing teams always get a fair shake over there right?

What was you a referee or on the chain gang  and nothing near as bad as bullit park but you have your opinion and I have mine I’ll say it was a horse collar because it was 

28 minutes ago, Bullybob12 said:

Sore loser nah that’s not it bud if nobody believes in bullit park magic must not have watched much football 

Good Lord do you want some cheese to go with that whine? Union played about as bad as they could (gave GC an absurd amount of help with stupid flags) and GC played over their heads (not discrediting them at all and impressed with the adjustments) and they couldn't seal the deal after blowing the lead multiple times. I don't see Union fans on here whining when we lose. Good luck with basketball GC and see ya next year at your place.

2 hours ago, Bullybob12 said:

What was you a referee or on the chain gang  and nothing near as bad as bullit park but you have your opinion and I have mine I’ll say it was a horse collar because it was 

We had 110 yards in penalties. GC has just over 50. Wanna y’all about penalties anymore?  

Everyone feels their team gets hammered by the refs. 

17 hours ago, Bullybob12 said:

Talking about GC's last possession? This link might change your mind. Looks like a horse collar is "about" to happen, but the next pic (click to the right) still shows the QB standing up and the defender on the ground.

https://www.facebook.com/UnionBearsPhotos/photos/a.3470017509690259/3470060743019269/?type=3&theater

39 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

Talking about GC's last possession? This link might change your mind. Looks like a horse collar is "about" to happen, but the next pic (click to the right) still shows the QB standing up and the defender on the ground.

https://www.facebook.com/UnionBearsPhotos/photos/a.3470017509690259/3470060743019269/?type=3&theater

Just saying...I just watched game film....Oh boy got tossed out of bounds like a rag doll...but no Horse Collar...just my 2 cents😁🏈👍

7 hours ago, Bullybob12 said:

Sore loser nah that’s not it bud if nobody believes in bullit park magic must not have watched much football 

I have heard of this “magic.” I haven’t heard of the refs benefitting Union as being part of the so-called magic. 

I have a tremendous amount of respect for Gate City after researching them and catching them at the big game in Salem. You are doing nothing to help the reputation. 

Gate City lost. Be a big boy and accept the loss and tip your hat to the winner. 

1 hour ago, rsntu88 said:

I have heard of this “magic.” I haven’t heard of the refs benefitting Union as being part of the so-called magic. 

I have a tremendous amount of respect for Gate City after researching them and catching them at the big game in Salem. You are doing nothing to help the reputation. 

Gate City lost. Be a big boy and accept the loss and tip your hat to the winner. 

Big boy 😂 I’m not butt hurt they beat us twice I’m just saying what I seen let me ask this was you there?? 

2 hours ago, UNION#ATW said:

Just saying...I just watched game film....Oh boy got tossed out of bounds like a rag doll...but no Horse Collar...just my 2 cents😁🏈👍

I seen nothing when I clicked on it😂😂😂

1 minute ago, Bullybob12 said:

Big boy 😂 I’m not butt hurt they beat us twice 

I am going to stop you right there. 

If you aren’t butt hurt about losing twice then stop right there, quit complaining, and either drop it or stop posting.