M7 > SWD

Burrall’s Pearls

The Mountain District is not a renamed LPD. The original Mountain District consisted of Gate City, Lee High, Lebanon, Virginia High, John Battle and Abingdon?, it lasted until the VHSL reclassified when VHS moved to the SWD and Lebanon dropped to 1A. The Wise County schools were added after their consolidation and Ridgeview was added after the Dickenson County unification. Abingdon who is a 3A school is allowed to play in the Mountain District, because of the travel associated with being 3A...the three newest members of the Mountain are Union, Central and Ridgeview is the "baby" of the conference, in age only. As too which district is the best remember opinions are like buttholes because everybody has one..I could not let revisionist history live by someone highjacking the history of the Mountain District.  

46 minutes ago, SXSW said:

The Mountain District is not a renamed LPD. The original Mountain District consisted of Gate City, Lee High, Lebanon, Virginia High, John Battle and Abingdon?, it lasted until the VHSL reclassified when VHS moved to the SWD and Lebanon dropped to 1A. The Wise County schools were added after their consolidation and Ridgeview was added after the Dickenson County unification. Abingdon who is a 3A school is allowed to play in the Mountain District, because of the travel associated with being 3A...the three newest members of the Mountain are Union, Central and Ridgeview is the "baby" of the conference, in age only. As too which district is the best remember opinions are like buttholes because everybody has one..I could not let revisionist history live by someone highjacking the history of the Mountain District.  

That was the CLINCH Mountain district. Union, Central, Burton and Clintwood were the LPD in 2011 and 2012, the last year of the LPD.  In 2013, Abingdon, Lebanon and VA High went to the Southwest District , and Burton and Clintwood went to the Cumberland.

The MOUNTAIN district was formed in 2013 with Lee, GC, Union, Central and Battle. Ridgeview was added in 2015. Abingdon was added in 2017 and the district was renamed The Mountain 7.  I will agree that the Mountain 7 is not a renamed LPD. It was a new district formed from LPD and CMD leftovers. haha

58 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

That was the CLINCH Mountain district. Union, Central, Burton and Clintwood were the LPD in 2011 and 2012, the last year of the LPD.  In 2013, Abingdon, Lebanon and VA High went to the Southwest District , and Burton and Clintwood went to the Cumberland.

The MOUNTAIN district was formed in 2013 with Lee, GC, Union, Central and Battle. Ridgeview was added in 2015. Abingdon was added in 2017 and the district was renamed The Mountain 7.  I will agree that the Mountain 7 is not a renamed LPD. It was a new district formed from LPD and CMD leftovers. haha

Now if Burton and Eastside ever consolidate and join we can rename it Lonesome Mountain :)

9 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

Y’all were saying...

So Graham goes 1-1 vs Union this season (2-4 in their history vs Union). The SWD has the best TEAM in the region. that certainly doesn't mean their distric is the better. Just call the G-Men the Clemson of the ACC high school version:)

16 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

Y’all were saying...

Y’all got a damn good football team but the intelligence level is lacking. Nobody (myself included) has questioned who the best team was. Tonight the fourth best team in the M7 made it to the 2D final. The M7 has far more depth and is better as a whole than the SWD.

The SWD is weak and Graham has benefited greatly from it just like Richlands did earlier in the decade. The Mtn 7 is stronger as a conference because they develop talent from within and compete even if they don’t put a dream team together and dominate. The SWD is unbalanced due to the fact that there’s not enough talent to go around for more than 1 team to load up with.

On 11/22/2019 at 10:15 PM, Burrell’s Pearls said:

Y’all got a damn good football team but the intelligence level is lacking. Nobody (myself included) has questioned who the best team was. Tonight the fourth best team in the M7 made it to the 2D final. The M7 has far more depth and is better as a whole than the SWD.

Lol at calling someone with a law degree  unintelligent. 😂

If you had a Mountain 7 (exclude Abingdon) - Southwest Challenge on a Friday night similar to NCAA Basketball's ACC-Big 10 Challenge, the Mountain 7 would have won this year.  Last year would probably have been a different story, and next year may be a different story, but for the this year from top to bottom the Mountain 7 was better.  And with that being said, Graham is the top team.

1 hour ago, Ryan4VT said:

Lol at calling someone with a law degree  unintelligent. 😂

I've known some educated idiots over the years:). I've encountered so many with genius level IQs but when it comes to common sense they haven't seen the football since kickoff:). Intelligence has many variables.

29 minutes ago, Unchained said:

I've known some educated idiots over the years:). I've encountered so many with genius level IQs but when it comes to common sense they haven't seen the football since kickoff:). Intelligence has many variables.

Except this one is right far more often than not...

On 11/22/2019 at 10:15 PM, Burrell’s Pearls said:

I guess your conference being so great is why your #1 and #2 seeds flamed out a full round early.  I guess the SWD #1 running the M7 #2 off their own field didn’t mean anything.  

The only lack of intelligence here is your own for posting such a brainless, stupid thread in the first place.  Eat your crow and live with it.

45 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

I guess your conference being so great is why your #1 and #2 seeds flamed out a full round early.  I guess the SWD #1 running the M7 #2 off their own field didn’t mean anything.  

The only lack of intelligence here is your own for posting such a brainless, stupid thread in the first place.  Eat your crow and live with it.

Do you seriously not understand what he's attempting (poorly) to say or are you being intentionally obtuse?

Graham is obviously the best team in Region D, bar none. But if you compare the two conferences head to head, the M7 was better.

I guess the M7 #4 beating the SWD#2 meant nothing too, right? 

The M7 had 3 of the top 4 seeds. 

Graham was 1-1 against M7

Central was 3-0

Union was 2-1

RV was 1-0

Abingdon was 1-1

GC was 2-0

Battle was 1-1

Lee was 0-0

No M7 team had a losing record against the SWD this year, three teams were perfect against the SWD, head to head was 10-3.

Graham is CLEARLY THE BEST TEAM IN REGION D. There is absolutely no disputing that. But, if you're comparing the two this season on the whole, the M7 dominated the SWD as a whole. I don't see the issue here. It's not up for debate. You can put more weight in whatever ya want, who wins Region, etc... But the numbers show, head to head the M7 was better.

2 hours ago, BigWinners said:

Do you seriously not understand what he's attempting (poorly) to say or are you being intentionally obtuse?

Graham is obviously the best team in Region D, bar none. But if you compare the two conferences head to head, the M7 was better.

I guess the M7 #4 beating the SWD#2 meant nothing too, right? 

The M7 had 3 of the top 4 seeds. 

Graham was 1-1 against M7

Central was 3-0

Union was 2-1

RV was 1-0

Abingdon was 1-1

GC was 2-0

Battle was 1-1

Lee was 0-0

No M7 team had a losing record against the SWD this year, three teams were perfect against the SWD, head to head was 10-3.

Graham is CLEARLY THE BEST TEAM IN REGION D. There is absolutely no disputing that. But, if you're comparing the two this season on the whole, the M7 dominated the SWD as a whole. I don't see the issue here. It's not up for debate. You can put more weight in whatever ya want, who wins Region, etc... But the numbers show, head to head the M7 was better.

Yet, all but Central are preparing for basketball this week.

You boys better come to terms with something, It's Graham and Richlands time now. Along with GC shortly. Since Union combined, no titles. Since Union formed, Graham and GC have one each with Richlands playing for 2 I think. It's clear that since Union high began, it's really been Richlands, Graham, and GC devastating Union with the drop to 2A. One poster mentioned Union owns Graham and is our daddy within 24 hours after the second worst loss in school history (because Tony is nice). Fact is, it's Graham 1, Union 0 with a chance of making it 2-0. Graham comes off of the mountain to win titles not to get beat by a Region C or Region B team. We all know what Union and Ridgeview's problem is. The inability to contain speed and athlete's. 

8 minutes ago, Hokie1Pokie said:

You boys better come to terms with something, It's Graham and Richlands time now. Along with GC shortly. Since Union combined, no titles. Since Union formed, Graham and GC have one each with Richlands playing for 2 I think. It's clear that since Union high began, it's really been Richlands, Graham, and GC devastating Union with the drop to 2A. One poster mentioned Union owns Graham and is our daddy within 24 hours after the second worst loss in school history (because Tony is nice). Fact is, it's Graham 1, Union 0 with a chance of making it 2-0. Graham comes off of the mountain to win titles not to get beat by a Region C or Region B team. We all know what Union and Ridgeview's problem is. The inability to contain speed and athlete's. 

You're just full of inaccuracies aren't you?

Union formed in 2011. GC's last state championship was 2010. Since 2011, GC is 3-8 against Union.

Richlands has played in one state game since 2011, that was in 2016.

21 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

Union formed in 2011. GC's last state championship was 2010. Since 2011, GC is 3-8 against Union.

You are just full of anger that you lost aren't you?

Good for GC in 2010 and Union in 2011. Graham still 1 and maybe, maybe 2. Union 0. We play for titles and expect to win them (not saying we will.)

I'm interested in the email you sent me about BigLos.......I mean BigWinners. You had some horrible verbage at that dude. Bro, whatever beef you got with BigLos....I mean BigWinners, is between you and him.

Right now, these GMen are playing solid football and as long as Coach Palmer is around, the future is bright for Graham. The same for Tazewell with their HC and Richlands always has talent. It's a beautiful future for the SWD.

1 minute ago, Hokie1Pokie said:

You are just full of anger that you lost aren't you?

Good for GC in 2010 and Union in 2011. Graham still 1 and maybe, maybe 2. Union 0. We play for titles and expect to win them (not saying we will.)

I'm interested in the email you sent me about BigLos.......I mean BigWinners. You had some horrible verbage at that dude. Bro, whatever beef you got with BigLos....I mean BigWinners, is between you and him.

Right now, these GMen are playing solid football and as long as Coach Palmer is around, the future is bright for Graham. The same for Tazewell with their HC and Richlands always has talent. It's a beautiful future for the SWD.

Need to go back and reread your PM. I  never sent you anything about @BigWinners. Just like I mentioned on the other board. You know what defamation and libel are right?

30 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

Some people are full of something, that's for sure.

1 hour ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Yet, all but Central are preparing for basketball this week.

50 minutes ago, redtiger said:

And in the SWD all but Graham have gotten the basketballs out, whats your point?

Hard to talk trash about about another district when you don’t even know who’s left in your own 😂

7 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

Need to go back and reread your PM. I  never sent you anything about @BigWinners. Just like I mentioned on the other board. You know what defamation and libel are right?

Whatever beef you boys have amongst yourselves is yours. Graham won 48-7, and also, a victory that likely gets that horn taken away. 

You know what the definition of a running clock is, right?