George Wythe VS Narrows

Optimal62

I heard Grayson/Narrows combined for 27 penalties last night. You can’t go deep if your getting flags thrown like that. I’m not sure how many were against Narrows. I’m going to take George Wythe in a close one. The QB is one of the top in the area. 

3 hours ago, BBHoops_18 said:

Narrows have had a good season but do they have what it takes to beat GW? I’ll say Wythe by 10.

There is something to be said about playoff experience. Some teams get distracted by the “moment” & forget to focus on the task at hand. 

Ive seen Narrows play 2 times as well, including against Chilhowie. Narrows tends to not show up from time to time, but when they do, their Oline usually dominates, which mean all the speed in the world gets loose and it makes it a long night for the opposing team. Now when they come in not focused or not prepared like they did last friday night they really look ugly. GW never seems to make any adjustments and thats what Ive really noticed as a strong point for Narrows. If Narrows slows down the GW Passing game I think Narrows could run away with it. 

Narrows has been devastated by injury!

If Narrows shows up..... Green Wave 27 GW 14

On 11/18/2019 at 9:48 AM, Oldindian444 said:

If Narrows slows down the GW Passing game I think Narrows could run away with it. 

You can cover the receivers all you want you better have a spy on Simmons because he will scramble for days. The kid is the best true QB in the area I dont know if they have a good enough team to beat Galax by looking at the score earlier in the year but they should win this one

1 hour ago, Jags52 said:

You can cover the receivers all you want you better have a spy on Simmons because he will scramble for days. The kid is the best true QB in the area I dont know if they have a good enough team to beat Galax by looking at the score earlier in the year but they should win this one

cole is not a true QB, he is the best athlete playing qb. no doubt runs like a deer

15 minutes ago, 1Wingit23 said:

What does the winner even win? A consolation beat down from Galax?!?! Neither team could play to within 3 TD's of Galax

It's funny how some fans of teams that didn't even make the playoffs come here to crap on their rivals who did make it. We get it, you're jealous. Even posted basically the same thing in two different threads. SMH

2 minutes ago, Single_A_Fan said:

It's funny how some fans of teams that didn't even make the playoffs come here to crap on their rivals who did make it. We get it, you're jealous. Even posted basically the same thing in two different threads. SMH

Jealous? Haha haha.   Of what?

Our 4 titles say otherwise.....jealous of a team that Beat us for first time since 2002? I think not...as I said after the game they are better this year

Tonight should be a good game...but let's be honest either team would have to play their A+ game and galax play their D game for either to have a chance next week

I'm going to say Wythe 35 Narrows 27. I dont think Narrows will contain the QB for Wythe. He will scramble and open up the game through the air. Narrows has a very good run defense but an athletic QB who can scramble will open up the pass. Next week Galax wins by 2+ TDs no matter which team wins honestly. 

Too many athletes for GW.  Narrows down 3 starters didn't help.  Really missed Fleet and Bowman up the middle tonight especially.  We've got gutted up the middle because of it.  Congrats GW and good luck next week.  Pulling for whoever wins it to take down Riverheads.  

Congrats and thanks for the Narrows seniors who played their last game tonight.  You've been fun to watch and represented yourself and your school well.  

Just now, nrv_football said:

I really thought this game was going to be closer than it was. Narrows played lights out in the 1st quarter and I thought they had it in hand. I had GW winning but in a much closer game. 

This is the first game where being short the injured and suspended players caught up with us.  This wasn't the team that beat Chilhowie and Giles, not in the trenches anyway.  THey've been able to make do with the level of competition they've played in district.  Can't outrun that at this point in the playoffs.  Still proud of the boys and how they played and what they accomplished.  Hope for more of the same next year.

25 minutes ago, SW_VA_boy said:

This is the first game where being short the injured and suspended players caught up with us.  This wasn't the team that beat Chilhowie and Giles, not in the trenches anyway.  THey've been able to make do with the level of competition they've played in district.  Can't outrun that at this point in the playoffs.  Still proud of the boys and how they played and what they accomplished.  Hope for more of the same next year.

you had kids suspended? bad timing