Graham vs Union Part 2

Gridiron60

I got this as a tossup game that's decided by 7 points either way. I've seen on here some  saying Graham by 2 or more TDs, and I respect that, but just disagree. The old saying goes, "it's tough to beat a good team twice." There's also the mindset that "if I accomplished this task before, then I can do it again." 50/50 game in my opinion with Graham having a good chance to come back to Bluefield with a loss. The first qtr and mid second qtrs decides the game. If Graham gets a 17 point lead, it's over. If Union is tied or ahead at halftime in a low scoring game, I like Unions chances by much more than 50%.

4 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

Graham fans would pull for Ridgeview, particularly if Ridgeview were to beat them.  That being said, having seen both teams this season, Graham is significantly better and it's not that close.  Ridgeview cannot defend the spread well and can barely defend the pass at all, and that's Graham's wheelhouse.  Graham is also far and away the best team I've seen this season at putting 7 on the board if you make any slight mistake.  That's not to say that Graham couldn't commit 15 penalties and turn the ball over 2-3 times, which they've shown the ability to do on occasion.  But if Ridgeview and Graham played 10 times, Graham wins at least 9 of them.  

First thing's first, though: both teams have to win this week to get there.  Central presents some interesting matchup questions for Union, as Union does for Graham.

I don't disagree with you at all... but at least you're not an ass clown about it like some other folks.

33 minutes ago, Hokie1Pokie said:

I got this as a tossup game that's decided by 7 points either way. I've seen on here some  saying Graham by 2 or more TDs, and I respect that, but just disagree. The old saying goes, "it's tough to beat a good team twice." There's also the mindset that "if I accomplished this task before, then I can do it again." 50/50 game in my opinion with Graham having a good chance to come back to Bluefield with a loss. The first qtr and mid second qtrs decides the game. If Graham gets a 17 point lead, it's over. If Union is tied or ahead at halftime in a low scoring game, I like Unions chances by much more than 50%.

If Graham can establish the run it will make thing a little easier rsther than having to relay on the passing game. Weather is gonna be questionable. 

1 hour ago, GMEN94 said:

If Graham loses I'm pulling for whoever wins the region. We have to represent Region D and support whoever wins.

This is what usually happens.  Have been to many a state title game with a region D or old region IV team was playing and folks from all over the region were there in support.  Unique to our area.

3 hours ago, GMEN94 said:

If Graham can establish the run it will make thing a little easier rsther than having to relay on the passing game. Weather is gonna be questionable. 

Gonna rain of the morning and afternoon of Friday is what the early forecast shows. Then rain again on Saturday

26 minutes ago, UnionBears84 said:

Gonna rain of the morning and afternoon of Friday is what the early forecast shows. Then rain again on Saturday

Hopefully nothing to heavy. Field was in good shape last year with all the rain so it should be good I would hope. I think it drains well.

Well I want to go head and put my 2-cents on this match up between UNION & GMEN...

But 1st I want to give EVERYONE a shoutout for all the posting everyone his done on this game!!! This just shows what game is important this week👍😁🏈

For the game going forward am not sure if UNION can pull this off or not...My thought is, this game will not be no blowout by eather side... Travis Turner will have a good plan to keep us in it.. It will be up to the UNION player's to make that happen...like I said many times this year...We don't blow know one out...BUT WE DO MAKE EVERYBODY PLAY SMASH MOUTH FOOTBALL WITH US..🏈💥🙌

9 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

Graham fans would pull for Ridgeview, particularly if Ridgeview were to beat them.  That being said, having seen both teams this season, Graham is significantly better and it's not that close.  Ridgeview cannot defend the spread well and can barely defend the pass at all, and that's Graham's wheelhouse.  Graham is also far and away the best team I've seen this season at putting 7 on the board if you make any slight mistake.  That's not to say that Graham couldn't commit 15 penalties and turn the ball over 2-3 times, which they've shown the ability to do on occasion.  But if Ridgeview and Graham played 10 times, Graham wins at least 9 of them.  

First thing's first, though: both teams have to win this week to get there.  Central presents some interesting matchup questions for Union, as Union does for Graham.

9/10? Lol no. Good teams don't beat other good teams 9/10. I could see 7/10, maybe even 8/10 if I was pushing it. But there are some stuff people gloss over:

Adkins doesn't play on defense unless he is needed, so that has skewed their pass defense considerably. If they match up with Graham, he will likely play every snap both ways. The RV pass defense isn't as bad as people on here say it is, getting shredded by Pikeville is not a comparison to Graham and how they play. Graham also has to stop Adkins. They struggled stopping a physical Polier earlier this season and Adkins is physical runner with elite speed. Graham will likely not allow any 90 yard TDs, but 30-40 yard runs are certainly possible. 

Assuming you shut down the best player in Region D 9/10 is incredibly optimistic. If they match up, Graham may win by 30. But that doesn't mean it they played ten times that RV wouldn't explode and win 2-3 times. If Graham beats Union by 30, does that mean they beat Union 9/10, despite Union winning in Bluefield?

14 hours ago, Hokie1Pokie said:

I thought you were done with it?  I just know you said Appo isn't in the same league as Pikeville and that Appo vs Ridgeview would be a coin flip.   I told you if Appo played Ridgeview, it could be "Pikeville all over again."  That implies a bad beating (which I believe) and not a coin flip as you stated.  I think Appo would absolutely throttle Ridgeview.  A blowout, not a coin flip.  Now, that may bother you, but it's this guys take on seeing both teams play this year.  You like to use the words "not in the same league."  You haven't seen Appo and have no clue what your talking about.  You can't stand Appo because of the 2017 loss.  I've read your comments on here as you seemingly bring that game up or how Union was the best team in the state in 2017 frequently.  I'm a Gmen fan through and through and I'm not sold on Ridgeview.  They've never made it past the second round of the playoffs and until they do so, I'm not buying it.  They would get whitewashed against Appomattox. 

LOL I bear no ill will towards Appomattox. Union was the best team in 2017 but couldn't finish when it mattered. What does that have to do with now? I picked Appo to win Region C and lose to Graham.

Which Appomattox game did you attend again? You've seen exactly what I've seen, the Hudl clips. Don't be an asshole bc I called you out for an arrogant statement. 

I don't care who you are or aren't sold on, it doesn't change the fact that using the Pikeville game as your sole indicator for Ridgeview is silly. Did their QB play? Did Adkins play defense? Did Mullins know the game was meaningless? 

you also said Graham at their best would run Appomattox off their home field. So you believe Graham is 30+ better than Appo, and since Appo would 'whitewash'* RV, Graham should be expected to win by 60 if they meet.

*Whitewash? Do you even know what that means? It means to change something historically or entertainment wise to be more sanitized or positive towards historical atrocities. I've never in my life heard it in context of a team dominating another. Boatrace? Sure. Mollywhop? Yup, but never whitewash.

8 hours ago, It Doesnt Matter said:

Well said! All Hokie1 Pokie  does is run that mouth. From many of his read posts I will say he doesn't know a thing about football.    

I don't agree with that. He usually seems like a reasonable dude, we just disagree here.

Could someone broker a peace treaty between @BigWinners and  @Hokie1Pokie? We could call it the Big Stone Gap Peace Accord, Region D Peace Treaty, Pikeville-Appomattox Resolution...anything to bring it to an end 😂😂😂😂 Did y'all catch the meteor shower over the weekend?