Graham vs Union Part 2

Gridiron60

40 minutes ago, BBHoops_18 said:

Thanks didn’t think so. I hate that. I was hoping both teams would be full strength.

I heard GHS had over 50 out with flu or flulike symptoms yesterday or today.  Don't know if any of those are football players. That crud & lice spread like crazy in school, lol. but I digress. Hope both teams are near 100% as possible though. 

30 minutes ago, UnionBears84 said:

Any word on Zack Halls injury from Friday night? Looked pretty bad. I know he came back in the game later in the second half. Was hearing it was possibly a torn or sprained mcl?

Word is he's good to go for Friday...might not be at 100%

16 minutes ago, LongTimeSWVAFan said:

Please tell me that horn is not still being played? I thought the VHSL put a stop to this........

Loud and proud.  Home team AD has the final say.  This come from the someone at the VH$L, not hearsay.

8 minutes ago, ghs73 said:

Afraid of a little bit of competition from the Graham side sounds like.

I remember Lee bringing their horse, train horn and inflatable to The Park over the years. Several other teams have been allowed to bring their inflatables. I think this particular situation is unique. Graham requested that Union's train horn not be brought to Bluefield. It wasn't. An air horn was. Very clear that these 2 devices are different. If Graham's AD thought the air horn was a train horn AFTER hearing it so many times last year then he needs to get his hearing checked. IMHO, I think he became angry when he realized he was outsmarted.

Had he spoke to Union's AD or Principal and they came over, which would have been very appropriate, it would have been a completely different situation. I don't think anyone is questioning Graham's right to not have a loud artificial noise maker, brought by the opposing team, at their home stadium. They clearly have that right. However, sending 3 cops over was very low class.

I'm all for train horn & artificial noise makers. Bullitt Park is a great atmosphere. I don't think any field in Region D can rival the atmosphere at the park. My only objection would be if it's used to try and draw offsides penalties etc. when teams are at LOS. Other than that, blow your horn to your heart's content , lol. 

24 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

I remember Lee bringing their horse, train horn and inflatable to The Park over the years. Several other teams have been allowed to bring their inflatables. I think this particular situation is unique. Graham requested that Union's train horn not be brought to Bluefield. It wasn't. An air horn was. Very clear that these 2 devices are different. If Graham's AD thought the air horn was a train horn AFTER hearing it so many times last year then he needs to get his hearing checked. IMHO, I think he became angry when he realized he was outsmarted.

Had he spoke to Union's AD or Principal and they came over, which would have been very appropriate, it would have been a completely different situation. I don't think anyone is questioning Graham's right to not have a loud artificial noise maker, brought by the opposing team, at their home stadium. They clearly have that right. However, sending 3 cops over was very low class.

The police are west wirginia police not Virginia police they control the stadium

8 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

Lol nah we gotta be good. We already have our own principal and AD wanting to ban our horn 🙄 and if you’ve followed Giles football the last two seasons you can see that we haven’t even gotten to blow it much.... 

That sucks! Bad when your own peeps are against ya.

If Union gets Graham in the rain, I like our chances. Union played the graham passing game very well other than some deep throws in the first meeting. The QB runs were very effective for the G men though, so Union will have to clean that up. 

The park is going to be Rocking and Rolling. That’s a guarantee. 

5 hours ago, Union_Fan said:

Image result for i got some ocean front property in arizona meme

Man that global warming is making the ocean rise faster than expected.  Mitchell Stadium is in Bluefield, WV.  The Bluefield, WV police are at Grahams home games.  Bluefield, WV also has a noise ordinance.  I wouldnt be surprised if it was our infamous city manager who silenced that horn.  He was the first one that popped in my head.  I wouldnt blame school officials so quickly.  The stadium is owned by Bluefield, WV and the city manager is something else.  Surprised he didnt allow it and then fine somebody for violating the ordinance.  Any way he can leach a dollar from you, he will do it