Graham vs Union Part 2

Gridiron60

3 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Man that global warming is making the ocean rise faster than expected.  Mitchell Stadium is in Bluefield, WV.  The Bluefield, WV police are at Grahams home games.  Bluefield, WV also has a noise ordinance.  I wouldnt be surprised if it was our infamous city manager who silenced that horn.  He was the first one that popped in my head.  I wouldnt blame school officials so quickly.  The stadium is owned by Bluefield, WV and the city manager is something else.  Surprised he didnt allow it and then fine somebody for violating the ordinance.  Any way he can leach a dollar from you, he will do it 

It’s the timing of it that runs most of us raw. Nothing was said when we were down 10-0. Once we went up 13-10 here comes the police on the ADs command. That was told to me by the officers themselves. I talked with them at halftime about it. They chose not to remove the fan, just have the air horn removed. It was a chump move. 

26 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Man that global warming is making the ocean rise faster than expected.  Mitchell Stadium is in Bluefield, WV.  The Bluefield, WV police are at Grahams home games.  Bluefield, WV also has a noise ordinance.  I wouldnt be surprised if it was our infamous city manager who silenced that horn.  He was the first one that popped in my head.  I wouldnt blame school officials so quickly.  The stadium is owned by Bluefield, WV and the city manager is something else.  Surprised he didnt allow it and then fine somebody for violating the ordinance.  Any way he can leach a dollar from you, he will do it 

If only the police hadn't stated "the AD sent us", then maybe that's plausible. You could tell that they did NOT want to walk up those stands.

On a side note, one positive about climate change is I will be closer to the beach before I die. Haha

With all the 'Air Horn' discussion, I started wondering  if the GHSA (Georgia) had addressed noisemakers.  In a search, I discovered they have in the GHSA Constitution and By-Laws of  2019-2020 under section 2.70  SPORTSMANSHIP

Copy and Paste below:

2.76   Artificial noisemakers are allowed at outdoor events with the exception of air horns, whistles, or other similar devices that simulate the sounds of clock horns or officials’ whistles At any time that a national playing rule prohibits artificial noisemakers in a sport, that rule will supercede this by-law.

Has the VHSL addressed this in their Constitution and  By-Laws ?

1 minute ago, trublue said:

With all the 'Air Horn' discussion, I started wondering  if the GHSA (Georgia) had addressed noisemakers.  In a search, I discovered they have in the GHSA Constitution and By-Laws of  2019-2020 under section 2.70  SPORTSMANSHIP

Copy and Paste below:

2.76   Artificial noisemakers are allowed at outdoor events with the exception of air horns, whistles, or other similar devices that simulate the sounds of clock horns or officials’ whistles At any time that a national playing rule prohibits artificial noisemakers in a sport, that rule will supercede this by-law.

Has the VHSL addressed this in their Constitution and  By-Laws ?

Buddy I'm not trying to be smart but I don't know if the VHSL can spell "horn" much less address any issues with one.

I'm a train horn dude. One of the few things that can compete with the train horn is a "mine whistle." I think air horns are to soft. If your tradition is having a horn like Giles or Unions, then the only sportsmanship lacking would be for that horn not to be there during any game.  These things are what makes High School Football special.

1 hour ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Seems like a civil discussion to me.  I guess we could talk about actual game strategy and such, geez.

As for game strategy, I'm thinking this.......if I'm Graham, I'm keying on Polier every play with a spy, be it Edwards or Kastner, and I'm ensuring big Meadows is on defense on early snaps where Union is likely to run and can't get a huge push, and thus forcing them into a long second and/or 3rd down. Also, having Lester knowing exactly where Jenkins is on every play as Union will try to get him the ball in conservative passing situations.

If I'm Union, I'm betting that Graham doesn't have the discipline to go 70 yrds down the field in a long-sustained drive, thus I'm keeping everything in front of me and refusing to get beat deep. I'm counting on a Graham penalty/hold (which Graham is capable of doing for sure) and or a turnover/offsides with the fan noise that kills their drive, and by all of the above, refusing to get beat deep or with the big play and counting on Graham not being able to repeatedly move the ball down the field methodically, if I just don't give up the big play, they will get a penalty or turnover (discipline issues) and their drive stopped.

Whichever team in my opinion gets the best of the other in those situations above will come out on top. I think it's within 1 td either way, and this game is going to be nailbitingly close.

Sasquatch, since you asked for thoughts on strategy, that is my take on it.

14 minutes ago, Hokie1Pokie said:

As for game strategy, I'm thinking this.......if I'm Graham, I'm keying on Polier every play with a spy, be it Edwards or Kastner, and I'm ensuring big Meadows is on defense on early snaps where Union is likely to run and can't get a huge push, and thus forcing them into a long second and/or 3rd down. Also, having Lester knowing exactly where Jenkins is on every play as Union will try to get him the ball in conservative passing situations.

If I'm Union, I'm betting that Graham doesn't have the discipline to go 70 yrds down the field in a long-sustained drive, thus I'm keeping everything in front of me and refusing to get beat deep. I'm counting on a Graham penalty/hold (which Graham is capable of doing for sure) and or a turnover/offsides with the fan noise that kills their drive, and by all of the above, refusing to get beat deep or with the big play and counting on Graham not being able to repeatedly move the ball down the field methodically, if I just don't give up the big play, they will get a penalty or turnover (discipline issues) and their drive stopped.

Whichever team in my opinion gets the best of the other in those situations above will come out on top. Either way, I thinks it's within 1 td either way. This game is going to be nailbitingly close.

Union will completely trash your first sentence defensive setup. At least part of it.

55 minutes ago, Hokie1Pokie said:

Whichever team in my opinion gets the best of the other in those situations above will come out on top. I think it's within 1 td either way, and this game is going to be nailbitingly close.

yea put meadows in and see how that works for you!! Not good is my guess

55 minutes ago, Hokie1Pokie said:

Awesome.  I feel the same about Meadows on defense.  I feel that he should play more snaps on D against teams that can run well. He gets a big push on that o-line and can seriously disrupt the running game.

2 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Awesome.  I feel the same about Meadows on defense.  I feel that he should play more snaps on D against teams that can run well. He gets a big push on that o-line and can seriously disrupt the running game.

i was at the lebanon game he got smoked. so you have that

6 minutes ago, footballfanatic said:

did he? did he really? dont believe it by the way he got handled by little ole lebanon

He has only played a series or 2 on D in those contests.  But, yes I thought he did very well. Didnt go to the Lebanon game.  Was he in there with 2nd teamers?  He was getting a big push on the o-line in the couple games I have seen him in there (very limited). He just needs to get a big push and disrupt the play.  I would line him up right over center.

3 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

He has only played a series or 2 on D in those contests.  But, yes I thought he did very well. Didnt go to the Lebanon game.  Was he in there with 2nd teamers?  He was getting a big push on the o-line in the couple games I have seen him in there (very limited). He just needs to get a big push and disrupt the play.  I would line him up right over center.

we will see, gonna be a muddy mess there

1 hour ago, UNION'S HAMMER said:

So sorry the rest of us Union fans will just quit talking on here and just let you speak for us all.

Yeah, bc that's what I said. 😕

I said it's as dumb to worry about what happened over there as it is to have the argument I was  having, ergo both discussions are dumb and completely irrelevant to the actual game. Why are you still so worried about what happened over there? No one else seems to be. 

This thread has devolved into everything except talking about the actual game, and I'm as guilty as anyone if not more so. But at least I was talking about football teams and not blowing horns 🤣 

Relax.