Graham vs Union Part 2

Gridiron60

28 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Yeah, bc that's what I said. 😕

I said it's as dumb to worry about what happened over there as it is to have the argument I was  having, ergo both discussions are dumb and completely irrelevant to the actual game. Why are you still so worried about what happened over there? No one else seems to be. 

This thread has devolved into everything except talking about the actual game, and I'm as guilty as anyone if not more so. But at least I was talking about football teams and not blowing horns 🤣 

I'm not worried about what happened over there I was explaining the situation and what they could expect Friday night. And yes we like our horns and noisemakers at least I ain't 1 of those that just comes to socialize and sit on my ass and do nothing. But let's get back to the main topic heres my pick for the game Graham 42 Union 6 not going to be pretty. Union is way 1 dimensional right now and our secondary has lost its mojo. 

26 minutes ago, UNION'S HAMMER said:

I'm not worried about what happened over there I was explaining the situation and what they could expect Friday night. And yes we like our horns and noisemakers at least I ain't 1 of those that just comes to socialize and sit on my ass and do nothing. But let's get back to the main topic heres my pick for the game Graham 42 Union 6 not going to be pretty. Union is way 1 dimensional right now and our secondary has lost its mojo. 

I believe your pick is way off & you're trying to psyche out GMen 😂! There's no way Graham wins  42-6. It's going to be much closer. Our boys can't run as fast on grass especially wet grass! I like the Union folks fighting with each other though, lol. It's not as good as the video  last year but I guess at this point we'll take it 😂😂😂😂! Do you know if the McDonald's off the exit has McRibs? I feel like graduating from traditional Happy Meal! 😉

18 minutes ago, UNION'S HAMMER said:

Wow!! I dont even seen that. The rain will slow us down a little and I really dont know what to expect. Graham is capable of a blowout but it is Union. Maybe 10-14 points at best Graham but I expect closer.

58 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

Right now would be the perfect time for one of those Forrest Gump meme's.

And just like that Graham fans were arguing with other Graham fans. Union fans arguing with Union fans.😂

Union folk put the fun in dysfunctional!

Train horns, wet field controversy, McDonald's videos, band/player altercations, PoPo/air horn interactions, dropped er uh "caught" TD passes in the endzone on the final play, Central Warrior "brownie out the window of a moving bus at U fans in line" throwing mishaps.

We got more drama than an episode of Jersey Shore or an MTV "paradise" reality show. And we're only on season 9. We got stories for years to come! 😂😂

3 hours ago, Hokie1Pokie said:

Also, having Lester knowing exactly where Jenkins is on every play as Union will try to get him the ball in conservative passing situations.

Which Jenkins? We have 2 Jenkins brothers playing. You might have one in the backfield and the other on a TE dump. You never know bout those brothers. 
one maybe QB and the other at WR, stranger things have happened since the matchup earlier in the year 

There are so many posts that I want to click that 😂 on but I'm all out of reactions! I'll try to catch up tomorrow! Has anyone checked the weather? Are we looking at a passing shower? Monsoon? Light sprinkles? I feel like nothing can compete with the Marion game last year. It was one big mudpuddle! Couldn't see the lines, couldn't see the numbers on jerseys, heck sometimes the helmet was the only way I could recognize our players. It's truly the worst I've seen. 

1 minute ago, Gridiron60 said:

There are so many posts that I want to click that 😂 on but I'm all out of reactions! I'll try to catch up tomorrow! Has anyone checked the weather? Are we looking at a passing shower? Monsoon? Light sprinkles? I feel like nothing can compete with the Marion game last year. It was one big mudpuddle! Couldn't see the lines, couldn't see the numbers on jerseys, heck sometimes the helmet was the only way I could recognize our players. 

As of now, only 20-25% chance of rain from 7-9 pm, but lots of rain before. And I'm sure that forecast will change 18 times between now and then. 

59 minutes ago, 1inStripes said:

So, which side will be the easiest to sit on, or will fence standing be the route to take?  Kind of hoping the rain makes it easier to find a seat.

Looks like the rain may be out of the way by kickoff.

1 hour ago, 1inStripes said:

So, which side will be the easiest to sit on, or will fence standing be the route to take?  Kind of hoping the rain makes it easier to find a seat.

Most likely visitors. The home side should be quite full, although the last two weeks I've noticed quite a few empty seats on the home side. If I didn't rely on family members to save my own seat, I'd offer to save one for ya lol.

But you know where they stand near the fence, there's usually always room right there. 

2 hours ago, CriticalNoise said:

Do that, and you’ll see one of the 2 Jenkins brothers go around you on the end. 

I wish, but sadly the offense has became very vanilla and they don't run nearly as many jet sweeps. If the weather is bad at all, I'll be surprised if we see many since Union has had issues with exchanges on the motion action.

I like the I formation if they're gonna run Polier 30+ times, it creates better blocking lanes, but the kids are gonna have to turn everything upfield and not try to get the edge on a very fast closing defense.

I still hold that Union is at their most dangerous getting the ball in space to the playmakers more often and punishing teams for stacking the box with 9-10 guys but the offense hasn't executed very well on the few occasions Union has tried in recent weeks. 

7 hours ago, 1inStripes said:

Head for the chair back seats in the middle of Union's side. Not reserved for playoffs, and at least one will be empty. Very likely several. They fill up last.

Haven't posted much this year, but have been following and loving it.  I'm one of the old farts on this board and have seen a lot of high school football throughout my 66yrs of life, and to me it's going to come down to talent and Graham is packed.  Being a Richlands graduate, way back when, and following the Blues for many years, it appears to me that talent travels in cycles in this area.  I think all four teams remaining in this region have good talent, but Graham's talent goes a little deeper than the others, which gives them the edge.  I think Graham will not only win this game, but will make an appearance in the final game as well with a very good chance of bringing home the hardware.  It doesn't matter to me who wins the region, I'll be cheering for the team from this end of the state, even if it is Graham, and I'll say it with all the respect I can muster, (I hate cheering for Graham), but I'll support them with all the energy I have if they win the region.

10 hours ago, BigWinners said:

Most likely visitors. The home side should be quite full, although the last two weeks I've noticed quite a few empty seats on the home side.

Last week I was shocked at how empty it was on the home side.  You didn’t need anybody saving a seat.  I wasn’t sure if a lot of Union fans didn’t want to sit in the cold or if they assumed it wouldn’t be much of a game.  I’m sure from here on out they will have a bigger crowd but definitely not last week against GC.

14 hours ago, Union_Fan said:

Union folk put the fun in dysfunctional!

Train horns, wet field controversy, McDonald's videos, band/player altercations, PoPo/air horn interactions, dropped er uh "caught" TD passes in the endzone on the final play, Central Warrior "brownie out the window of a moving bus at U fans in line" throwing mishaps.

We got more drama than an episode of Jersey Shore or an MTV "paradise" reality show. And we're only on season 9. We got stories for years to come! 😂😂

Can't be more dramatic than the season finale of Sons of Anarchy season 6 though... Gemma killing Tara was BRUTAL!  😄

3 hours ago, Hokie101 said:

Last week I was shocked at how empty it was on the home side.  You didn’t need anybody saving a seat.  I wasn’t sure if a lot of Union fans didn’t want to sit in the cold or if they assumed it wouldn’t be much of a game.  I’m sure from here on out they will have a bigger crowd but definitely not last week against GC.

It surprised the hell out of me too. The week before was way more empty too on senior night but it was bitter, bitter cold. Last week was cold but not as bad as the week before and the turnout still wasn't great. I dunno why, but it's a shame if people stopped coming this season.