Graham vs Union Part 2

Gridiron60

On 11/17/2019 at 12:32 PM, Valhalla said:

Must be nice to play a s%!t schedule and claim to be the greatest team in the league. I hope the same Union team that showed up in Bluefield shows up Friday night and whoops the G men's a$$es all the way back to Bluefield.

Graham 48  Union 7

On 11/17/2019 at 12:32 PM, Valhalla said:

Must be nice to play a s%!t schedule and claim to be the greatest team in the league. I hope the same Union team that showed up in Bluefield shows up Friday night and whoops the G men's a$$es all the way back to Bluefield.

Yikes. It’s not really claiming to be the best when you are considering they’re defending state champions.

Congratulations to Union on another good season. Those kids were just flat out worn out.

As for Graham..........WOW. I can't recall a game with a better defensive stand than that. They came to play. On to Central. I hope they stay focused this week.

@Hokie1Pokie you were right on your defensive post earlier. 👏👏😂

19 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

Yeah, his post aged about as poorly as Brigitte Nielsen.  When you’re the defending state champions, and haven’t lost a beat, you can pretty much declare yourself the best and not be bragging when you say it.

Bingo!

That post ... in all its stupidity ... was the only one that really struck a nerve with me all week long! Initially, I ignored it ... electing not to get on that level ... but this morning I could not let it ride! 😉

#grahampride

46 minutes ago, starcityfootballfan said:

Bingo!

That post ... in all its stupidity ... was the only one that really struck a nerve with me all week long! Initially, I ignored it ... electing not to get on that level ... but this morning I could not let it ride! 😉

#grahampride

I had a post written up and deleted it  because I didn't want to give his stupidity the satisfaction of a response. No one can help weak schedules because they are made out a few years in advance.

1 hour ago, UVAObserver said:

Yeah, his post aged about as poorly as Brigitte Nielsen.  When you’re the defending state champions, and haven’t lost a beat, you can pretty much declare yourself the best and not be bragging when you say it.

Ouch. Brigitte Nielsen, what happened to her?? I blame Flavor Flav. Lol

3 hours ago, GMEN94 said:

I had a post written up and deleted it  because I didn't want to give his stupidity the satisfaction of a response. No one can help weak schedules because they are made out a few years in advance.

I am not in agreement with some that think Graham has a weak schedule. No doubt, Graham MUST play all other Southwest district schools. No school can control this aspect of their schedule. Additionally, no one can determine or control which district school is going to have a good year ... mediocre year ... or a disappointing year.

Graham's non-district schedule includes Bluefield WV ... Union ... Giles ... Princeton WV ... and Fort Chiswell. Bluefield and Union speak for themselves. Giles is usually a playoff contender but had a disappointing year. 

Princeton is a West Virginia AAA school that has had some tough years in the past. However, Princeton is a 10-15 minute drive from Bluefield. Graham and Princeton geographically are a nice fit and the schools have rekindled a nice little rivalry in basketball. 

Fort Chiswell has been up and down in the past few years. The Pioneers are the only Class 2 carry over from Graham's presence in the Mountain Empire district. 

I know playoff seedings are determined by power points. Graham determined their 3 seed by losing to Union in the regular season. Had Graham defeated Union earlier in the year, the G-Men would have finished the regular season at 9-1. That would have secured at least a #2 ... maybe #1 ... seed during the playoffs. Had Graham had either of these seeds ... the weak schedule conversation would have been non-existence.

Just my thoughts ... let the results silence the critics.

#grahampride 

3 minutes ago, starcityfootballfan said:

I am not in agreement with some that think Graham has a weak schedule. No doubt, Graham MUST play all other Southwest district schools. No school can control this aspect of their schedule. Additionally, no one can determine or control which district school is going to have a good year ... mediocre year ... or a disappointing year.

Graham's non-district schedule includes Bluefield WV ... Union ... Giles ... Princeton WV ... and Fort Chiswell. Bluefield and Union speak for themselves. Giles is usually a playoff contender but had a disappointing year. 

Princeton is a West Virginia AAA school that has had some tough years in the past. However, Princeton is a 10-15 minute drive from Bluefield. Graham and Princeton geographically are a nice fit and the schools have rekindled a nice little rivalry in basketball. 

Fort Chiswell has been up and down in the past few years. The Pioneers are the only Class 2 carry over from Graham's presence inthe Mountain Empire district. 

I know playoff seedings are determined by power points. Graham determined their 3 seed by losing to Union in the regular season. Had Graham defeated Union earlier in the year, the G-Men would have finished the regular deadon at 9-1. That would have secured at least a #2 ... maybe #1 ... seed during the playoffs. Had Graham had either of these seeds ... the weak schedule conversation would have been non-existence.

Just my thoughts ... let the results silence the critics.

#grahampride 

I can with everything you are saying. I was just responding to the one guy saying our schedule was weak. No one can control how other teams are going to play.