Chilhowie vs J.I. Burton

Smythcounty

This should be an exciting rematch. If Chilhowie plays this game like they have the 6 last quarters, then they should come out on top. Hopefully, we’ve fixed the blocked punt issue we had last time at Burton. 

Chilhowie has 2 loses by a combine 9 points to 2 undefeated teams. I give it to Burton that after the loss to Chilhowie they were 8-0, but do not see where they are 2 TD better. Burton may win (it's playoff football and anything can happen), but the way Chilhowie has matured over the season I believe them to be the better team and move on to face PH at Emory.

Two Undefeated I think Burton can play with or beat IMO. Secondary breakdowns in the first game doomed the Raiders. Watching nothing catches my eye about Chilhowie's offense. Burton is coming into this game with 20+ INT's. Chilhowie loves to hang it up there long to 2 and 22.  Every team has Matured at this point. Which I will say they do have the better coach.

7 hours ago, Michael_389 said:

Two Undefeated I think Burton can play with or beat IMO. Secondary breakdowns in the first game doomed the Raiders. Watching nothing catches my eye about Chilhowie's offense. Burton is coming into this game with 20+ INT's. Chilhowie loves to hang it up there long to 2 and 22.  Every team has Matured at this point. Which I will say they do have the better coach.

20 interceptions? That’s wild 

I dont see Burton improving by 21 points I know that was a long time ago but Chilhowie has the experience advantage and a darn good coach that very rarely gets out coached. They will have a plan. I say Chilhowie but it will be closer than last time. 

Best I can tell Chilhowie’s overall record against Burton is  7-1. So they’re definetly looking for revenge. I’ll give you the fact that Burton was distracted early on in the season due to off field issues. Albeit, their schedule like most in region D this year was weak due to the whole region being down. So we will find out Saturday who the best team is, it’ll be a wet game, maybe it’ll get moved to Wise central or UVA Wise. Or leave it in the mud. We like playing in the mud, we just need to order those special cleats. 

no way Burton beats Chilhowie. Chilhowie has to many weapons on offense.Also, playing in the district Burton plays in makes them look better than they actually are so they aren't very battle tested. Chilhowie is 10x better than the next best team in the Cumberland other than Burton. May be a closer game but still think Chilhowie wins without much trouble.

8 hours ago, sir said:

no way Burton beats Chilhowie. Chilhowie has to many weapons on offense.Also, playing in the district Burton plays in makes them look better than they actually are so they aren't very battle tested. Chilhowie is 10x better than the next best team in the Cumberland other than Burton. May be a closer game but still think Chilhowie wins without much trouble.

I believe the move to turf may actually help Burton somewhat.  Jaymen Buchanan can throw it, and can scramble for days.  Culbertson and Steele also have wheels.  It certainly won't hurt them with the game being moved away from the quagmire that is Lawson-Fitchko.