Ridgeview vs. Wise Central Part 2

swva_havok_fan

I think it depends on if Central finds a way to contain Adkins. He’s obviously Ridgeview’s biggest weapon. Does Ridgeview have any other substantial weapons if Adkins gets locked down? If Central can hand a team like Richlands a loss, I feel like they could surprise any other team still left. I’m no expert but I say it will be a close one. 

19 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

I think it depends on if Central finds a way to contain Adkins. He’s obviously Ridgeview’s biggest weapon. Does Ridgeview have any other substantial weapons if Adkins gets locked down? If Central can hand a team like Richlands a loss, I feel like they could surprise any other team still left. I’m no expert but I say it will be a close one. 

The Hess kid is one of the best WRs around and Phillips is quick and hard to bring down running as a QB.

24 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

The Hess kid is one of the best WRs around and Phillips is quick and hard to bring down running as a QB.

Cannon Hill is better than Hess... and he's only a Freshman.

Hill will be known more for his defense  in the coming years though.  He's the second coming of Sproles... punishes people with nasty hits.

45 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

If Phillips is 100%, then he will be an option.  He played Friday night, but he definitely was NOT 100%.

12 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Cannon Hill is better than Hess... and he's only a Freshman.

Hill will be known more for his defense  in the coming years though.  He's the second coming of Sproles... punishes people with nasty hits.

Who was the kid with all the catches again Union? Hess or Hill?

Is the Ridgeview coach known to be a good game manager and quick to adjust schemes if a team is committed to stopping Atkins ?   I always wondered after the loss last year to Richlands and after watching Richlands last year I did not think the game would even be close..

1 hour ago, cavalier92 said:

Is the Ridgeview coach known to be a good game manager and quick to adjust schemes if a team is committed to stopping Atkins ?   I always wondered after the loss last year to Richlands and after watching Richlands last year I did not think the game would even be close..

No they dont make many quick adjustments that I've seen. Didnt make them against Richlands especially on D and Union this year they adjusted after half but it was to late.

10 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

I'm playing off Adkins because  they are going to be keying heavy on him. I'm doing a good bit of fakes to Adkins let Phillip's keep it out the back door. He has Major Speed & should see some running room on the fakes also direct snaping to Phillips and let him run behind Adkins and Sproles. Gotta let him throw the ball enough to keep the D honest and Thinking. They could even throw Hill in the backfield with Adkins and Phillips for a wrinkle. Also I'm putting Adkins in the Slot to switch it up and let  him go to work. He could be a Huge Threat in the Pass Game split out like that.

This one will be good. RV can’t defend the pass. Keep Adkins from taking over and sling a few and I could see Wise winning. Mullins has been upset in early rounds 4 out of the last 6 years going back to the Clintwood days. However, Saying You’re gonna contain Adkins and doing it are two different things. Good game, but Ridgeview moves on. 

Will be a good game could come to who has ball last central different offense this time around with there speed. Ridgeview with ground and pound with Adkins on an undersized central team as far as line play will they wear down near the 4th quarter? Should be a good one on the ridge 

17 hours ago, Travis s said:

Will be a good game could come to who has ball last central different offense this time around with there speed. Ridgeview with ground and pound with Adkins on an undersized central team as far as line play will they wear down near the 4th quarter? Should be a good one on the ridge 

central may be undersized up front but they play very low and are very fast off the snap. Ridgeview has some beef but in high school football I will take a quick lean 230 lb kid over a slower 280 any day of the week. With that being said Adkins is very good and RV has speed if they can get the ball there. #7 can flat out fly and reverse or end around to him and he can score from anywhere. The run D for RV is very good mostly because they load the box and play man though I am not sure what centrals passing attack looks like. If central can throw for more that Adkins rushes for they win

25 minutes ago, Jags52 said:

central may be undersized up front but they play very low and are very fast off the snap. Ridgeview has some beef but in high school football I will take a quick lean 230 lb kid over a slower 280 any day of the week. With that being said Adkins is very good and RV has speed if they can get the ball there. #7 can flat out fly and reverse or end around to him and he can score from anywhere. The run D for RV is very good mostly because they load the box and play man though I am not sure what centrals passing attack looks like. If central can throw for more that Adkins rushes for they win

Centrals passing game is predominately play action if the RV DBs bite to hard on the run Central has the speed to get behind the D but there best hope is to get to the edge and away from RVs size advantage.

For central to win they need to continue doing what has worked for them all season utilize there team speed and try to wear down the Bigger front 7 of RV making them chase plays east and west (RV starters have not played many games for 4 qtrs I think a quick Central team could be a problem late in the game

BTW I personally think RVs Pass D has looked alot better the 2nd half of the season (with the notable exception of the Pikeville game) getting #2 back healthy in the secondary is big and I have to think that as the season winds down Adkins will start getting more time in the secondary where he has been outstanding in limited snaps.

51 minutes ago, Jags52 said:

You mean #2 can flat out fly? #7 has decent speed but not fly

4 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Well, guess what @BigWinners?  Hess got an offer from Dunk City yesterday (Florida Gulf Coast).  Guess some folks have taken notice other than yourself after all.  Lol.

He was fantastic against us. Truly an elite receiver. Not getting him some touches is a mistake I believe. 

If the youngster Hill is that dynamic as well, Ridgeview should have no excuse not scoring 40+ every game. That's a ton of offensive talent.

Will Phillips be 100%?

16 hours ago, BBHoops_18 said:

Didn't know they had football. Is it like a club team?

I didn't know either to be honest.  Lol.  After looking into it further, it is a club team.

13 hours ago, BigWinners said:

He was fantastic against us. Truly an elite receiver. Not getting him some touches is a mistake I believe. 

If the youngster Hill is that dynamic as well, Ridgeview should have no excuse not scoring 40+ every game. That's a ton of offensive talent.

Will Phillips be 100%?

Man, I hope so.  He was still limping pretty noticeably against Marion.