Ridgeview vs. Wise Central Part 2

swva_havok_fan

This will be a great game,if it rains i see a game of a runner, vs team of runners. Turnovers may be the key to this , I see CENTRALS D LINE just stacking up the middle hoping that ADKINS dont break one, or RIDGE VIEW using the wheel route to ADKINS to loosen up the D. 

55 minutes ago, jarhead24219 said:

This will be a great game,if it rains i see a game of a runner, vs team of runners. Turnovers may be the key to this , I see CENTRALS D LINE just stacking up the middle hoping that ADKINS dont break one, or RIDGE VIEW using the wheel route to ADKINS to loosen up the D. 

If I remember correctly Central stacked the box in the 1st game. It was also the game that Hess pulled a hamstring in and was hobbled for most of the game add to that the emergence of Hill and Beavers at WR and IMHO RV is a much bigger passing threat than they were early in the season

11 hours ago, Hokie777 said:

I hear rain is forecast for this Friday.. how impacting would this be?

Honestly probably not much neither team really opens up the passing game that mcht and the game is on Turf so no mud or footing issues. Guess it could effect the kicking game but not sure that hurts or benefits anyone

Central might slow Adkins down, but I'd say he is at least around the 200 yd mark and 2 TDs(crazy to think that's slowing him down). If they do put a stop to Adkins, I think QB is a good enough passer with 2 good WR, not to mention the QBs running ability. It will be closer but still think Ridgeview has to much as a team for Central to beat.

15 hours ago, sir said:

Central might slow Adkins down, but I'd say he is at least around the 200 yd mark and 2 TDs(crazy to think that's slowing him down). If they do put a stop to Adkins, I think QB is a good enough passer with 2 good WR, not to mention the QBs running ability. It will be closer but still think Ridgeview has to much as a team for Central to beat.

Might be hard to pass, wind blows like a hurricane up there.  I have to wear a light jacket in June when I'm there.

4 hours ago, jonah58 said:

Doesn't surprise me. We've been counted out all season.

Do not misinterpret this but why would they pick Central to win this game? 

It is nothing against Central. They’re having a dream season. 

Ridgeview also sounds like an excellent team. 

1 hour ago, rsntu88 said:

Do not misinterpret this but why would they pick Central to win this game? 

It is nothing against Central. They’re having a dream season. 

Ridgeview also sounds like an excellent team. 

I said it doesnt surprise me.... so I didnt say that they should have picked us, I said I'm not surprised they didn't.... so?

19 minutes ago, jonah58 said:

I said it doesnt surprise me.... so I didnt say that they should have picked us, I said I'm not surprised they didn't.... so?

I don’t mean any disrespect. Just where you said you’ve been counted out all season. 

From the BHC:

Wise County Central (9-2) at Ridgeview (9-2)

Friday, 7 p.m.

Last meeting: Ridgeview 41, Wise County Central 20 (Sept. 13, 2019 in Wise, Va.)

This matchup of consolidated schools will pit Ridgeview tailback Trenton Adkins (2,722 yards rushing, 47 touchdowns) against the relentless Wing-T attack of Wise Central, which features five players who have rushed for over 408 yards. … In the regular season meeting, Adkins accounted for 361 yards rushing on 35 carries while scoring six times. Ridgeview, which led 20-6 at halftime, finished with 461 total yards as quarterback Nick Phillips rushed for 47 yards and passed for 33. Central lost quick running back Maddox Reynolds to a knee injury in the game … Junior C.J. Crabtree has rushed for 1,743 yards for Central, while sophomore fullback Matthew Boggs has added 524. Sophomore Ethan Mullins passed for 713 yards and junior Ben Brickey has caught 11 passes for 393 yards. Mullins and Brickey connected for two scores against Ridgeview in the regular season. The stoppers on defense include sophomore linebackers Tyson Tester (48 tackles) and Logan Mullins (47 tackles) along with junior lineman Austin Eldridge, who has nine stops for loss. The Warriors have not lost since a 42-19 setback at Abingdon on Oct. 4 …. Ridgeview senior Alijah Sproles (6-0, 220) is a force at linebacker and fullback. For the season, Ridgeview averages 44.5 points. ..Wise Central, which recorded its first playoff win in school history last week, has improved steadily but Adkins makes the difference.

Prediction: Ridgeview 28, Wise Central 14

13 minutes ago, rsntu88 said:

I don’t mean any disrespect. Just where you said you’ve been counted out all season. 

None taken.

We've been counted out all season. It comes as  no surprise. We like the underdog role. We are smaller than every team we've played in physical size. By a great deal really. And we don't have D1 prospects getting offers left and right. We just have a team of mainly sophomores who will come at you all game long. And we have 4 backs in the backfield that can take it to the house on any given play. Deceptively quick.

26 minutes ago, jonah58 said:

None taken.

We've been counted out all season. It comes as  no surprise. We like the underdog role. We are smaller than every team we've played in physical size. By a great deal really. And we don't have D1 prospects getting offers left and right. We just have a team of mainly sophomores who will come at you all game long. And we have 4 backs in the backfield that can take it to the house on any given play. Deceptively quick.

And those holdback sophomores are all older than the JR D1 prospect getting those offers. 

23 minutes ago, Observer said:

I’m surprised this picture hasn’t surfaced on here yet. 

6E9D2B02-8972-4E59-A8C3-64D31A81108C.jpeg

Well talking about no respect....just disrespected the entire Ridgeview team minus one player.