Ridgeview vs. Wise Central Part 2

swva_havok_fan

1 hour ago, big ugly vol said:

RV is the king of getting upset at home in the playoffs. That’s 5 of the last 7 years for coach Mullins teams. Very frustrating. Congrats to Central. 

Frustrating isn't quite the word I'd use.  Hardcore pissed off is more like it.  I'm not going to say no more about it because I'll get in trouble.

7 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Frustrating isn't quite the word I'd use.  Hardcore pissed off is more like it.  I'm not going to say no more about it because I'll get in trouble.

I can't say I know a whole lot about football compared to some of the posters on here, but one would think Ridgeview would have been better off developing more offensive threats rather than trying to pad Adkins' stats all year long. The kid is good, no doubt, but promoting one player over the good of the team hardly ever works out for the best interest of the team. I've read Union fans say the same about their team all season long.

40 minutes ago, Weatherman said:

I can't say I know a whole lot about football compared to some of the posters on here, but one would think Ridgeview would have been better off developing more offensive threats rather than trying to pad Adkins' stats all year long. The kid is good, no doubt, but promoting one player over the good of the team hardly ever works out for the best interest of the team. I've read Union fans say the same about their team all season long.

It all starts with the coaching staff they had good players other then Adkins just didn’t want to call anything but run. They will never be able to win in big games...  just frustrating to watch 

1 hour ago, Weatherman said:

You're exactly right

On 11/19/2019 at 9:00 AM, swva_havok_fan said:

I didn't know either to be honest.  Lol.  After looking into it further, it is a club team.

Man, I hope so.  He was still limping pretty noticeably against Marion.  

Offer was fake. Kind of figured it was since they don’t even have an actual football team.

3 hours ago, Travis s said:

It all starts with the coaching staff they had good players other then Adkins just didn’t want to call anything but run. They will never be able to win in big games...  just frustrating to watch 

I’m not gonna get off on a rant, but I will say there’s a joke with my kids and some of our friends that certain members of the RV staff gets together after games and say. “We lost, but we lost our way. YEA!!!” With a big high 5. It wasn’t as bad as the way they wasted the Sexton kid last year, but there is a lot of speed on this team that never got used. Other options would only make Adkins more dangerous. 

5 minutes ago, Ruavolsfan2 said:

No but we rolled right over you. 

3 minutes ago, Ruavolsfan2 said:

And might as well get use to it. 🙂

They're so cute when they're new! Gitchy goo little guy.

I hope you finally bring some life into this "rivalry." It's good for everybody. 

On a side note: Go Vols!

4 hours ago, big ugly vol said:

I’m not gonna get off on a rant, but I will say there’s a joke with my kids and some of our friends that certain members of the RV staff gets together after games and say. “We lost, but we lost our way. YEA!!!” With a big high 5. It wasn’t as bad as the way they wasted the Sexton kid last year, but there is a lot of speed on this team that never got used. Other options would only make Adkins more dangerous. 

2CA58319-6287-4B15-8D2D-F72C553C5BE4.jpeg

A great game didn't surprise me at all between those two teams.  I attended the Graham/Union game but told coworkers and others I thought Central/Ridgeview would be the best game in the area Friday. Ive seen those two groups of kids battle since they were 9-10 years old and its always been battles between those groups.  Central has put it together a little quicker than many expected but they will be a force in Region D the next couple of years at least.