Score Updates- 2nd Round Playoffs (11/22-23/19)

tbgfan

4 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Now,  I believe central can say they're solid.  Great win,  good luck next week to both.

The real question is.......can Ridgeview say that they have been solid? That's three years in a row they've lost on their home field to a lower seed and they've never advanced past round 2 of the playoffs. Central has proven something this year. So far, Ridgeview hasn't proven much to me. Ridgeview will need to advance to the Region Title game before I respect them in the playoffs. Until then, I'm just not picking them in a playoff game where the opponent is reasonably close. 

8 minutes ago, Hokie1Pokie said:

The real question is.......can Ridgeview say that they have been solid? That's three years in a row they've lost on their home field to a lower seed and they've never advanced past round 2 of the playoffs. Central has proven something this year. So far, Ridgeview hasn't proven much to me. Ridgeview will need to advance to the Region Title game before I respect them in the playoffs. Until then, I'm just not picking them in a playoff game where the opponent is reasonably close. 

Is this 2 or 3 years in a row that they have been the #1 seed in the region and not made it to the finals?  Does the point system need to be reworked?

1 hour ago, sixcat said:

Galax has 13 penalties for 140 yards.  Auburn has 90 yards of total offense. Not the time of the season for Galax to get undisciplined.

Galax was uncharacteristically out of sink and character all night. Although those refs was horrendous. The white hat had no clue. 

9 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

Ridgeview earned it.  Four 8-2 teams in the region and their schedule had the highest degree of difficulty.

They may or may not have earned it. I think its the dumbest thing that VHSL gave same points for playing a lower classification. They played 3 mid tier 1A schools. I believe they were good just inconsistent. When Pikeville beat them down i figured they wouldnt make it far. So i guess if u want home field advantage play mid tier 1A teams that'll get u 5 or 6 wins or play a tough schedule and test yourself. If youre good enough it doesnt matter what seed you are.

Deerfield Beach 35

Vero Beach 7

3rd round of the FHSAA  Class 8A playoffs

Great effort by Vero, but Deerfield was too big, too fast and too talented. The paper here said they had 12 guys in the junior and senior classes who were either committed  or had multiple FBS offers. I guess next week we'll be freezing our ass off somewhere in East TN or SWVA at a game, and counting the down the days to a post Christmas return to Florida. 

2 hours ago, Hokie1Pokie said:

You're right...  and I apologize to you and @UVAObserver for going at it with you this week.  I was wrong and you guys were correct.

2 hours ago, Travis s said:

As a Ridgeview fan they will never get to what they want to accomplish with the current coaching staff something has to change if they ever want to go far. 

This.  All day.

1 hour ago, Westisthebest said:

They may or may not have earned it. I think its the dumbest thing that VHSL gave same points for playing a lower classification. They played 3 mid tier 1A schools. I believe they were good just inconsistent. When Pikeville beat them down i figured they wouldnt make it far. So i guess if u want home field advantage play mid tier 1A teams that'll get u 5 or 6 wins or play a tough schedule and test yourself. If youre good enough it doesnt matter what seed you are.

I wouldn't call Pikeville a "mid-tier" 1A team.  Considering they will probably be state champs in two weeks and would probably beat ANY team in this coverage area except for maybe Bluefield.

Just now, jonah58 said:

Thanks,

Yes he is good. The goal was to keep him under 150 or so. Goal achieved!

Some great coaching & playing going on with Central! They've shocked the best our region has to offer. No offense but I hope they don't pull the surprise upset next week, lol. 

8 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Some great coaching & playing going on with Central! They've shocked the best our region has to offer. No offense but I hope they don't pull the surprise upset next week, lol. 

We just sit back and hope we get underestimated lol

10 hours ago, appyvol said:

Didn't go to Graham the 1st time. How did Union win that football game?

Union outplayed Graham. Graham had Justice out & a couple other key players banged up but they weren't focused & weren't disciplined. Tonight, GMen came to make a statement! There was no taking the Bears lightly tonight.