Score Updates- 2nd Round Playoffs (11/22-23/19)

tbgfan

Win or lose. Please know that every single one of you playing for Chilhowie that we are proud of you, and we thank you for giving us some excitement in this little ole town in the middle of nowhere.

Just a quick note this is the first time Chilhowie has lost in region D. Congrats to the Raiders. I'll still be pulling for PH for the Hogo connection, but whoever represent the supposedly irreverent SWVA in 1a or 2a I'll root for both of you. I honestly just hope someone can knockout Riverheads. Btw can someone explain to me how Riverheads is still 1a?

1 hour ago, Null said:

Just a quick note this is the first time Chilhowie has lost in region D. Congrats to the Raiders. I'll still be pulling for PH for the Hogo connection, but whoever represent the supposedly irreverent SWVA in 1a or 2a I'll root for both of you. I honestly just hope someone can knockout Riverheads. Btw can someone explain to me how Riverheads is still 1a?

That’s the million dollar question 

I mean honestly haven't they been like 3 or 4 people from being 2a for awhile now? Seems to me that they are taking easiest route to a state championship. Just an opinion though.

17 hours ago, Null said:

Schools in Central VA are leaked ADM figures in advance, which allow the school districts to ever so slightly adjust their boundaries to keep themselves just below the cutoffs.  What Albemarle County and Charlottesville City have done to ruin 3A is borderline criminal.

2 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

Schools in Central VA are leaked ADM figures in advance, which allow the school districts to ever so slightly adjust their boundaries to keep themselves just below the cutoffs.  What Albemarle County and Charlottesville City have done to ruin 3A is borderline criminal.

You care to elaborate?

2 hours ago, Weatherman said:

You care to elaborate?

VHSL is headquartered in Charlottesville.  I spent 4 wonderful years there.  Let’s just say that the VHSL leaked information like a 40-year-old boat leaks water.  And there are several school boards in Shenandoah Valley and Central VA area that are on good enough terms with the VHSL higher ups to get the ADM numbers earlier than they are officially released.  This allows school boards to hold public hearings to ever so slightly redraw districts every 2 years to keep their schools just below the ADM cutoffs for the next class.

It’s why Riverheads is always just below the cutoff.  It’s also why Monticello, Charlottesville, and Western Albemarle are the 3 highest schools in 3A, despite Charlottesville historically having 5A numbers.

On 11/23/2019 at 1:09 AM, swva_havok_fan said:

You're right...  and I apologize to you and @UVAObserver for going at it with you this week.  I was wrong and you guys were correct.

This.  All day.

I wouldn't call Pikeville a "mid-tier" 1A team.  Considering they will probably be state champs in two weeks and would probably beat ANY team in this coverage area except for maybe Bluefield.

I wasnt counting Pikeville as one of the mid-tier 1A teams. Burton and Honaker. I thought Shelby Valley was 1A. So i was wrong on them.