Graham vs Wise Central Region D Championship

Graham32

23 hours ago, jonah58 said:

False. No such protest. Folks just making stuff up to stir the pot.

If it was true wonder what the chances of the visitors winning and getting the game moved across state lines....i guess Maxwell would be the closest field if Graham wanted to stay close to home.

13 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

Considering the VHSL willingly allowed the 1989 state title game to be played at Mitchell Stadium, this would be the stupidest protest since yesterday’s Harvard/Yale game.

Can I ask how the gate$$$ is handled, we all know that the VH$L loves the gate money during playoff times to pay for their meetings at the beach in FL during the winter, just wondering because I know Bluefield loves them some $$$ too

8 hours ago, jarhead24219 said:

Can I ask how the gate$$$ is handled, we all know that the VH$L loves the gate money during playoff times to pay for their meetings at the beach in FL during the winter, just wondering because I know Bluefield loves them some $$$ too

Graham and Bluefield pay a set fee to use the Stadium for the whole year. No extra charge for playoffs.

17 hours ago, Valhalla said:

Ok, let's rephrase.

One good thing for Central. Graham's only losses this year were at Mitchell stadium. 🤔

On a side note, why do posts disappear from the forum if they are non-derogatory, non-profane or non-abusive?

Because you post stuff that's false trying to stir the pot.

I'm the only one allowed to stir the pot.

Don't like it?  I can take care of it...

2 hours ago, GMan said:

Because you post stuff that's false trying to stir the pot.

I'm the only one allowed to stir the pot.

Don't like it?  I can take care of it...

How does one take care of it? When you threaten someone you should make sure that your words can't be misconstrued. In today's world of screenshots and never lost data it's hard to walk back the things you say.

So with that said I'm going to give you the opportunity to explain just what the heck you mean by " I can take care of it..."

17 minutes ago, thundercloud said:

You don' t know about the Hammer?  lol  Realize he is one of the main Admins.

You can be an admin, but when you threaten someone you cross the line! I simply asked a legit question, and his response was full of innuendo.

16 minutes ago, oldfool said:

Gosh paw I'd like to see this thread back on subject.SMH

Agree! What does Central need to do to keep it close? Are they big up front? Do they have anyone fast enough to catch Lester is he gets an open space? 

7 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Agree! What does Central need to do to keep it close? Are they big up front? Do they have anyone fast enough to catch Lester is he gets an open space? 

No, they're actually quite small, but they're quick and athletic. And yes, I would say that they may have 3 that can catch him. Match him move for move, I'm not sure, but as fast, yes, they are fast.

The biggest thing I see with Central is the misdirection and play calling within all that movement. Graham will have to be disciplined and read their keys to totally shut down their offense. Defensively, I truly have no clue how Central will handle Graham's offense. It may be that they match up perfectly or can't do a thing. Will be interesting to see how that works out.

1 hour ago, Valhalla said:

How does one take care of it? When you threaten someone you should make sure that your words can't be misconstrued. In today's world of screenshots and never lost data it's hard to walk back the things you say.

So with that said I'm going to give you the opportunity to explain just what the heck you mean by " I can take care of it..."

Well, since you asked...I took care of it...

icon-256x256.jpg?rev=1036933

rawImage.jpg

4 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

No, they're actually quite small, but they're quick and athletic. And yes, I would say that they may have 3 that can catch him. Match him move for move, I'm not sure, but as fast, yes, they are fast.

The biggest thing I see with Central is the misdirection and play calling within all that movement. Graham will have to be disciplined and read their keys to totally shut down their offense. Defensively, I truly have no clue how Central will handle Graham's offense. It may be that they match up perfectly or can't do a thing. Will be interesting to see how that works out.

I think its an interesting match up for sure. Central had a good plan to stop Atkins but Graham isnt line up and run it down your throat team. They have other weapons out side of Lester even though he is the best. Even though Graham has those monsters at tackles that are pretty weak in the middle of there o line IMO. Central should be able to take advantage of that. its hard to run trap when the d lineman beats the puller. Now can they tackle Lester? I have no idea. 

On Offense Central has to play keep away. I agree with you here that you counters and eye candy historically have killed Graham in the past and that is something Central does very well. 

This Graham team may be better than last year. I am interested to see what happens over the next few weeks

Central is very well coached. Watching 5 minutes of film on them makes that very clear.  They adapt quickly to an opponent. They adjust, see stuff, make changes. That's a direct reflection of a very well coached team, especially on the offensive side of the ball.

This Central team is the second best team Graham has played. If Graham comes into this game thinking, "it's just Wise and they aren't a threat," then Graham will lose this football game. I don't think the GMen will have that mindset. Tony will have them ready to play.

I think the GMen are focused and hungry. If Graham plays their game, then we will win, but this game isn't a running clock game. This game I think will be very close at halftime. 

Go GMen and hopefully all players stay healthy and hoping for an injury free game for both schools.

4 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

I'm sure the $5k per playoff game is paid by Tazewell county not the VHSL. I may be incorrect though.

The county has to pay for all the usage at Mitchell.  One of the biggest reasons people want Graham to have their own stadium.

On another side note, I have been told that city of Bluefield also charges for parking.  The way they collect this is by taking $.50 of each ticket sold

On 11/23/2019 at 6:01 PM, thundercloud said:

Anybody know day and time yet?  Have to wonder if Coach Owens knows the Poquoson coach that was from Grundy.  They ran the wing t  very effectively. What kind of defense does Central run?  Central has something good going or they would not be there.  If Graham keeps that focus and fire burning their going to be hard to stop, to many tools in the tool box and at a place they are  mastering those tools.

Not sure about that but here’s a nice article related to another coach & Coach Owens.

https://www.heraldcourier.com/sports/vhsl-playoff-football-primer-wise-county-central-boss-luke-owens/article_a3a771a4-0f2b-11ea-9818-3bbcfae7bffa.html