Graham vs Wise Central Region D Championship

Graham32

2 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

That' s Jason Witten's brother isn't it.  Grandsons of Dave Rider who played his high school football with Carlock.

Edited by thundercloud
error

11 minutes ago, Hokie777 said:

Central wins this one 35-34. Graham commits costly turnovers and Central takes advantage. Central controls the clock by long drives. Central qb has a big day thru the air and on the ground. Should be a great game. 

Graham hasn’t allowed anyone since first Union game to put up those kinds of points. I’m not saying Central cannot do it but it would surprise me if they put up 35 against Graham if Graham’s defense plays like they did against Union Friday night. 

1 hour ago, thundercloud said:

That' s Jason Witten's brother isn't it.  Grandsons of Dave Rider who played his high school football with Carlock.

Yep, Shawn played at VaTech. Dave Rider was a man among boys at Big Creek High. He started I think 3 years at WVU and played on both sides of the ball at WVU.  Dave Rider is considered by many, the best to ever play at Big Creek High even though it produced Bob Gresham.. That's the same High School that produced the Homer Hickam who was one of the "Rocket Boys," and NFL former RB Bob Gresham.

9 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Im going to say Graham 38-14.  Graham is a well-oiled machine right now.  The defense has been on point and are looking like last years state title teams defense.  They have a decent chance of bringing back another title this season, IF they keep their focus.

If I were a betting man, I’d bet Tony Palmer and his coaching staff will have those boys all kinds of focused! It’s takes them half a season to get everything in gear but once they get going, they’re as you say, a well-oiled machine. It was like that last year and pretty much this year. It’s a one game season each week! Lose focus, season ends!  I’d say GMen will be well prepared. It’s hopefully a great game worthy of a Regional Championship~      🏈🏆

5 hours ago, Optimal62 said:

OK for the uneducated (me). Why is Central called the Walmart warriors? 

The school is literally built on top of a Walmart (among many other shops/restaurants). If you're in the parking lot walking into the Walmart -- you can look above the roof and see the scoreboard for Central's field. So they get that nickname quite often. You'll also hear them made fun of because (I believe) their school is technically built in Norton and not Wise. Someone correct me if I'm wrong on that part.

19 hours ago, GMan said:

Some people take things way too seriously...

And now, someone from Norton tried to login to my account.  Hey UVAO, you're the lawyer around here, can that be considered attempted breaking and entering, do we have a legal case...asking for a friend...

Hi GMan,

We have detected 3 failed log in attempts to your account from Norton, Virginia, 24273, United States.

If this wasn't you, someone else may be trying to access your account. These log in attempts were unsuccessful. You may however want to change your password for greater security, especially if you use the same password on other websites.

If this was you, you can safely ignore this email and you will be able to sign in again at 11/25/2019 10:20 PM.

3adc6cc5-548a-40f1-9e4a-318b8198b447_tex

Central has improved as the season has progressed. They have 3 running backs that are capable of breaking a big run at any point and time.  Crabtree and Bolling both are special backs and a key to Centrals success. Not sure of the other kids name that plays RB, but he is a hard nosed kid that runs downhill as well. The passing game is not the best I have ever seen, but can't produce a few plays here and there.  As much as I would like to see Central win, I think experience steps in and leads Graham to the win.  Central is young, and has made a statement this year, and will be a very exciting team to watch for the next few years. With that being said I am gonna go with Graham 35 Central 20.

Good Luck to both teams, and I hope and pray its a clean, injury free ball game!

14 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

Graham hasn’t allowed anyone since first Union game to put up those kinds of points. I’m not saying Central cannot do it but it would surprise me if they put up 35 against Graham if Graham’s defense plays like they did against Union Friday night. 

Football is freaky! You may dominate one week and self destruct the following week. Graham is playing great ball and so is Central.. Graham is heavily favored.. but I think that helps the Central mindset. Union and Ridgeview were both heavily favored over Central and Central won.. Should be interesting game! Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Graham will win big.  Next year though look out for Central they will be team to beat in my opinion.  Sorry Union folks as long as we have no passing threat we're not gonna be any better then this year.  I hate to see Central on top but next 2 years are theirs in district play and maybe state.  

21 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

Graham will win big.  Next year though look out for Central they will be team to beat in my opinion.  Sorry Union folks as long as we have no passing threat we're not gonna be any better then this year.  I hate to see Central on top but next 2 years are theirs in district play and maybe state.  

I know that Travis has a run first mentality, and I do agree that you have to be able to run the ball to be successful. However, we have the ability to be a very balanced team IF the right personnel are utilized appropriately. 

I don't believe in letting a senior or junior start over a more talented underclassman just because.  I think you have to put the best players on the field regardless of their age.

I remember our running game being stalled against Lee in 2013 because of a senior guard that simply couldn't block the guy in front of him. They put the kid, who had started at guard the year before, in his place and magically we were able to move the ball.

I understand trying to build depth and the mindset of not having kids go both ways, but sometimes a tired 2 way starter is still better than a fresh one way player.

9 hours ago, GMan said:

And now, someone from Norton tried to login to my account.  Hey UVAO, you're the lawyer around here, can that be considered attempted breaking and entering, do we have a legal case...asking for a friend...

3adc6cc5-548a-40f1-9e4a-318b8198b447_tex

Any punishment you would administer would be worse than what the legal system could dole out.  😎

As I stated in a previous post, I'll pull for whoever wins the region, but for now I'll pull for the SWD champion and being away from my desk the next few days, I'll go ahead and say Graham's talent wins this one going away. Graham 42--Central 14

1 hour ago, Union_Fan said:

I know that Travis has a run first mentality, and I do agree that you have to be able to run the ball to be successful. However, we have the ability to be a very balanced team IF the right personnel are utilized appropriately. 

I don't believe in letting a senior or junior start over a more talented underclassman just because.  I think you have to put the best players on the field regardless of their age.

I remember our running game being stalled against Lee in 2013 because of a senior guard that simply couldn't block the guy in front of him. They put the kid, who had started at guard the year before, in his place and magically we were able to move the ball.

I understand trying to build depth and the mindset of not having kids go both ways, but sometimes a tired 2 way starter is still better than a fresh one way player.

When I'm calling out the passing attack I'm referring to 1 player but didn't wanna say his name because some people have defended him all year but they're seeing something I'm not

1 hour ago, Union_Fan said:

Your right about the juniors and seniors thing for sure.  Spears was by far the best QB we had and he didn't even play there until his Sr. season when we all knew he was better.

7 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

When I'm calling out the passing attack I'm referring to 1 player but didn't wanna say his name because some people have defended him all year but they're seeing something I'm not

I see flashes, but overall I see what you're seeing. 

Someone mentioned to me Graham will at least go to state because every team Union loses to usually wins state or at least makes it.  I know Graham won last year and Appomattox twice for sure and I think glenvar and Clarke co.  made it to state not sure about them though, so your welcome Graham.

25 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

Someone mentioned to me Graham will at least go to state because every team Union loses to usually wins state or at least makes it.  I know Graham won last year and Appomattox twice for sure and I think glenvar and Clarke co.  made it to state not sure about them though, so your welcome Graham.

We can't thank you enough!! 

23 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

Glenvar did win state that year in 2014 after avoiding a near upset to Union. Appomattox beat Clarke in the 2015 state game.

I thought Clarke lost but wasn't sure about Glenvar.  Maybe next year u all can repay us.

Fellas, I just finished watching Appo vs. Glenvar and I think whoever comes out of D has a good chance to beat Appo.  I think the top 5 or 6 teams in D could compete  with Appo and Gretna this year.  They are solid and have a good defense, but Glenvar's offense is very vanilla.  I like our chances boys!!  Whoever comes out of D, we need to show up loud and proud down at Appo (or Gretna) next week.